• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you download this from the store on vita what happens? Dies it say it isn't compatible on vita?

It comes up with the download page, so you click that but then it comes up with a page, basically like the download list one but it just has Killzone there and says something like "You cant download this on a ps Vita system".

So if I buy killzone liberation on my vita will it work? Anyone tried yet?

Game looks pretty good.
So far no it wont, they say it will but they dont seem to know what they are talking about on the blog. I messaged them but no answer as usual.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sony Smash Brother: Yep it's a party game.

Too bad I can't try Nate Drake, the only reason I'm slightly interested in it.

It comes up with the download page, so you click that but then it comes up with a page, basically like the download list one but it just has Killzone there and says something like "You cant download this on a ps Vita system".

Ok that's a common problem with new psp games on the vita store. I had the same thing with ys seven. It will prob work tomorrow at some point.

BibiMaghoo

I checked out PS:AS on my vita, it's pretty cool little game, but..

why does the game force you to use the mic? I have mine disabled, and the game refuses to let you join a match unless you turn it on.

That is a deal breaker for me if it's in the final game. I need to be able to play with a mic off. What a strange thing to put in a game.

Skyzard

Banned
I tried the Monkey Ball demo and remembered why its been so long since I've played a MB game, because I'm pretty bad at them get very angry at the game very fast! The controls are what did it for me, its probably just me but they didn't feel all that responsive when moving round corners, quite slow and heavy so more often than not on the advanced courses I was falling off or unable to avoid obstacles. A shame as the game looks great and is something that I'd have liked to enjoy but I just get on with the handling.

Yep, you have to plan the route as opposed to making sudden changes and reacting to nearby things...bit too heavy for my liking too. Not that I am saying it is different from previous SMB titles, I don't even remember..
Still a fun game and that mode where you have the top-down view and control two monkeys at the same time, one with each stick is great too. The mode is called "Love Maze" - available in the demo after the advanced stages and before the bowling which I'm just about to try...

Retarded EU store posting about a hundred posts how All-stars will be available for non-plus members and then they fuck up with no fix. Getting really sick of the mess ups.

zroid

Banned

why does the game force you to use the mic? I have mine disabled, and the game refuses to let you join a match unless you turn it on.

That is a deal breaker for me if it's in the final game. I need to be able to play with a mic off. What a strange thing to put in a game.

That's entirely idiotic.

Foshy

Uhm, actually in my case the notice "turn your mic on blahblahblah" appears, but it goes away once I press ok and I can play with the mic off, too. Are you sure you it doesn't let you join?

Skyzard

Banned
This is peanuts compared to SCEA's incompetence as of late. :lol

Yeah it's ok, I guess.. if they were that confident they should have checked though....just venting as I was looking forward to that and have some time to kill...

just messing around with smb's level "editor" (take a photo and it a level out of ... the shapes in the picture..I think?)

Twinduct

Bleh, have yet to have one Allstar game that ended. Either I lose connection to the matchmaking servers half way though or I lose connection to the host.

Looks and feels great on Vita though.

BibiMaghoo

Uhm, actually in my case the notice "turn your mic on blahblahblah" appears, but it goes away once I press ok and I can play with the mic off, too. Are you sure you it doesn't let you join?

Defo.

It hangs with 'loading' but the second I turn it on I join the match.

Skyzard

Banned
what's awesome in LBP is that some of the arcade type mini levels can be PSM games lol

Definitely...shame the online of LBP is (often) slow as shit these days (even starting a story level for offline play sometimes!) I ended up just playing in airplane mode!

Megatron

:S Nothing came up when i searched before.

E: Yeah it wont let you download it.

They put PSAS up as PS+ only because they're idiots.

I downloaded the PS All Stars Beta on my Vita last night. I wasn't a Plus member. I did have to search for it though. I'm in the US, so not sure if that matters?

darkwing

Definitely...shame the online of LBP is (often) slow as shit these days (even starting a story level for offline play sometimes!) I ended up just playing in airplane mode!

my golly, what happened to the online community stuff, it is loading like forever, it was working fine last week, I only got back to the community levels because I was playing story mode all the time

I have to download the level before being able to play lol

Vitacat

Still very pissed that I'm not playing JSR on my Vita right now.

At this rate I'll probably be playing it on my 5th gen iPod Touch before my Vita. Stupid Sega.

Yep, you have to plan the route as opposed to making sudden changes and reacting to nearby things...bit too heavy for my liking too. Not that I am saying it is different from previous SMB titles, I don't even remember..

Glad I'm not the only one that found the controls a tad on the heavy side. Then again like you say I've not been planning my route so that's also been screwing me over. I'll give the game a miss for now, I don't think I'd have the patience for it!

On the brighter side, I've given Playstation All Stars a try and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. Its easy to pick up and play and its really smooth most of the time. The only problem I'm running into is that some online opponents don't show up in the matches at all (they are effectively invisible). I'm guessing this is a problem with the beta? (sure hope its not my Internet connection!)

Still very pissed that I'm not playing JSR on my Vita right now.

At this rate I'll probably be playing it on my 5th gen iPod Touch before my Vita. Stupid Sega.

Whats the story with this? I genuinely thought my Vita PS store wasn't updating properly or something and that's why I couldn't see it.... SMH

Ok with regards to killzone liberation.

I just decided to buy it anyway. I get the same screen I have had with at least two other psp titles. The one saying cannot download on vita system (but cheers for letting me buy it on it though lol)

I'm not to worried as in the past by the next day it was ok to download. So sit tight if ya trying. It will hopefully work by tomorrow at some point.

As for all-stars they have posted on eu blog that they are trying to fix the issue where non plus members can't download it and hope to have fixed it by 1pm tomorrow.

If you are wondering where to find the beta, it's in the "latest" tab.

GJS

Gavin Russell commented about the Vita PSASBR beta issue.

Hi All,

My sincere and most humble apologies – I’ve been busy making sure the full game is ready for you all. I’ve looked into this have an update for you.

PS3 Plus subscribers –

The Beta can be found by following these instructions.

Please download the new store content.

Once in the new store scroll down to Games >> Scroll down to PS Plus >> Scroll down to Exclusives >> On the top row you’ll see PS3 and Vita downloads.

Vita owners – it seems your access has been limited to PS Plus subscribers only. the code is accessible via the Latest tab.

This is something I hope to be able to address for you tomorrow by 1PM BST.

As for the miscommunication in the post – again we can only apologise to you all for the confusion and hope that this hasn’t sullied your view our game.

I’ll get back to you all tomorrow with an update. Thanks for your patience.

Gav
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...-kicks-off-this-week/comment-page-3/#comments

Honestly, disappointing store update this week with only burn the rope and NLKS DLC, coupled with fuck ups.

I can't wait for the day when everything is released at the same time on EU/US digital stores.
It will never happen.

With regards to the psasbr beta and the forced mics I think that is to test server load. Last vita beta allowed you to mute the Mic. So I doubt this is a design decision, but more of a server test decision.

Carl

With regards to the psasbr beta and the forced mics I think that is to test server load. Last vita beta allowed you to mute the Mic. So I doubt this is a design decision, but more of a server test decision.

Good thinking. Wouldn't surprise me. Sure i can use the mic to yell swear words at people.

We should have a few Vitabro games

Holy shit, the difference between "easy" and "normal" in Hatsune Miku is absurd. Easy is a one button cake walk, but my timing still sucks, while Normal is a two button speed course!

Also, is there any way to disable the touch screen prompts during songs and switch them to buttons? I dread seeing star icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom