• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikoro

Pretty sure they just throw it all on and hope it works. Like throwing shit at a wall.
Which is why they're losing ground in everything. They will get their s together when it's too late. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got 3 Plus games waiting to be finished. XD

I would guess that the new PSN update has meant things have been more stressed and rushed than normal.

Not an excuse but seeing as they normally have a few hiccups, its not surprised its so messy this week.

edit

oh and cheers for the link Carl. The fact they are aware and fixing it is enough for me. Might be ready by the time I get home.

At least plus is awesome here in Europe :) hopefully that trend continues on the vita, only a couple of weeks till we find out!

Edit: that picture above is really fucking freaking me out :/

Il look forward to trying that tonight.

Hopefully they will fix killzone lib now.... or at the very least offer a refund.
I'd just be happy if they let PAL area VITA owners be able to play Tomba!, I swear its up on the US store for VITA owners, why the heck isn't it working in the PAL areas (yet I can get it fine on my PSPGo)

Good news on Killzone Liberation front

https://twitter.com/L1keMike/status/258904120600170496

The guy that tweeted that works on the Playstation Store team

Edit* Thanks for the update Carl, what would this thread do without you :)

Also, has anyone tried using the DLC form Liberation on the Vita? I know someone mentioned earlier that you can still find it floating about online and in theory it should work as long as the file is the right type and stored on your content manager on your pc but i wondered about the practicality of it working on a Vita.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Anyone who likes JRPGs NEEDS to get Breath of Fire IV(PS1 Classic) on their Vita. I'm having a blast and it looks just as good if not better as any PSP RPG. The sprites are super smooth and gorgeously animated even when on the FULL/STRETCH option. I'm having a blast playing the game and it's only $6 effing dollars.

Yeah, I'm aroused. So what.

Takao

Banned
eqYqR.jpg

uZVsu.jpg

Carl

Also, has anyone tried using the DLC form Liberation on the Vita? I know someone mentioned earlier that you can still find it floating about online and in theory it should work as long as the file is the right type and stored on your content manager on your pc but i wondered about the practicality of it working on a Vita.

You're welcome. Afraid i have no idea about the DLC though. Didn't even know there was any.

Rather more than a bit spider. Almost entirely in fact.

Heh, bollocks. That was supposed to be a BIG spider...Stupid keyboard ;)

Doesn't work. I've tried.

Thanks for crushing my dreams :(

Best bet is to hassle SCEE about it. The guy that just got the download working would be a good place to start.

Why they didn't just re-issue KZL after it came out with the DLC built-in, I've no clue. Seems like it was a lot of work for something that barely anyone probably played (and wasn't even available online for at least a couple of years).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Delays to JSR and Dokuro (Canada) totally screwed up my $100 master plan, had to take FF III off my list too since I got it elsewhere.

Without Dokuro (god forbid):
Total $62.44
Still need $37.56

With Dokuro:
Total $82.43
Still need $17.57

Time to bite the bullet on LBP Vita I guess. Only good news out of this crummy week would be my copy of Project Diva coming in on Friday.
Same. Having purchased Retro City Rampage (meh), my original plan was to add JSR and Dokuro, rounding off the cents that cheap Sun game.

Now, I have no idea what to buy. PS+ seems like a risk, since it hasn't started yet and I may just get trashy discounts on content I already bought. I might just not do the deal anymore.

awesome. Glad I took the risk and paid for it last night.

After work I have PASBR and KZ:L to looks forward to. Good times.

Also went back to playing some tactics ogre. Forgot how good it was. Only about 9 hours in and I know its a huge game. Will be like P3P and be one of those games I keep going back to during dry spells.

Vitacats and VitaDawgs depending on your preference.

More a dog person so il go for the later. however in just under 6 months il be a vita dad instead so...... I guess I can be both those things.

Carl

I am still waiting on Chessmaster; The art of learning and Final Fantasy V on the US store....
Who shall I or can I contact?

Don't personally follow any US PS Store staff on twitter, so i don't know. Either comment on their weekly blog post or ask Morgan Haro (he posts here too).

Are you sure the DLC is the same region of the game? I'm quite sure they're different depending on the region

Nah, I'm pretty sure it won't even download. They came up with it back when the PSP didn't even have an online store, so it was designed to download to a folder on your PSP memory stick. Vita doesn't have the same file structure, so we're boned.

Shikoro

Damn, now I'm thinking about buying KZL even though I got ~20 quid left from my scholarship. :/

If only I hadn't lost my PSP with the KZL UMD. T_T

Delays to JSR and Dokuro (Canada) totally screwed up my $100 master plan, had to take FF III off my list too since I got it elsewhere.

Without Dokuro (god forbid):
Total $62.44
Still need $37.56

With Dokuro:
Total $82.43
Still need $17.57

Time to bite the bullet on LBP Vita I guess. Only good news out of this crummy week would be my copy of Project Diva coming in on Friday.

What about Street Fighter X Tekken this coming Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom