• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

Woah now don't get crazy. What about persona? Or ragnarok? Or lbp? Or wipeout? Or sound shapes? Or whatever else I'm missing

All are amazing games but I love AC, you know.
I bought my vita when Liberation was announced, but as you well say, there will be more contenders for the PS Vita GOTY. We will see, exciting times ahead.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm hoping my new debit card arrives sometime today or tomorrow so I can purchase digital LBP. Sounds like it turned out to be great.

Did anyone who ordered LBP from Newegg get theirs or are in shipping status yet?

Nice preview of AC by ign -
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/the-fresh-familiarity-of-assassins-creed-iii-liberation

Seems very in depth and like a true AC game but made portable.

"Anyone playing also playing the PS3 version of ACIII, however, will be able to unlock several new elements in Liberation - including the ability to specifically play as Connor in that mission."

C'mon they better have a PS3+Vita game bundle for this soon.

Goldrusher

Just got 100% in Welcome Park.

Then I found out you can't delete that game. But it's installed on internal memory, iirc? It doesn't take up memory card space, right?

All are amazing games but I love AC, you know.
I bought my vita when Liberation was announced, but as you well say, there will be more contenders for the PS Vita GOTY. We will see, exciting times ahead.

Very much so ;) it's why I get annoyed at people saying vita has no gamez

spats

"Anyone playing also playing the PS3 version of ACIII, however, will be able to unlock several new elements in Liberation - including the ability to specifically play as Connor in that mission."

There's a bundle available for preorder on the European PSN store.

Did anyone who ordered LBP from Newegg get theirs or are in shipping status yet?

as a 360/vita owner, that seems like a major thing to lock out for me...

Sid

Play as connor in only one mission? Why not the whole game?

Vitacat

as a 360/vita owner, that seems like a major thing to lock out for me...

Same here. 360/Vita. :-/

Kinda wish my wife had gotten me a PS3 for Xmas instead of XB360, but eh... was still a great gift, and I will play the hell out of Halo 4.

I've been adamant about not buying a PS3... but with all the Vita tie-ins, and the fact that I now own several PS3 games as a side effect of buying certain Vita games (Wipeout HD, Sound Shapes etc.), I'm starting to break a little inside. If Sony offered that new slim model for $199 I'd probably break. $199 is the magic number for most people I think. Sadly Sony is brain dead when it comes to marketing.

whaaaaat

Aw man, I always get the AC series(and most multiplatform games) on my Xbox. Looks like I'll have to rent AC3 on PS3. =(

Goldrusher

Congrats, I still have yet to get 100%, that damn puzzle thing.

Take a photo of this, making sure the numbers are inside the squares:

16by1630i2q.png

You shouldn't have a hard time to finish the 2 lower difficulties, but for the final one, I've used a puzzle solving program:

http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/Download/Puzzle15.zip

When you start a puzzle on the Vita, let it move the tiles around, then click the PS-button to pause.
Now in that nifty little program, click "setup" and move the tiles to match those on your Vita.
Set "weight for distance" to 25 and let it solve the puzzle.

Now, you can use that program to see every step to finish the puzzle. Each time you click "replay (1 move per click)", you see 1 move.
Just memorize 2 or 3, unpause your Vita, do the steps, pause. Repeat.

I had 10 seconds to spare with 60 moves.

Vitacat

Anyone know where I can buy just the Sony Vita Pocket Pouch? The one from the starter kit? This one:

413X2IezC9L._AA300_.jpg

I don't need/want the entire kit, just the pouch. But so far haven't found it for sale by itself, just the Travel Pouch which is too big. Or feel free to recommend a good substitute. I want something compact and form fitting, as small as possible.

16by1630i2q.png

You shouldn't have a hard time to finish the 2 lower difficulties, but for the final one, I've used a puzzle solving program:

When you start a puzzle on the Vita, let it move the tiles around, then click the PS-button to pause.
Now in that nifty little program, click "setup" and move the tiles to match those on your Vita.

Now, you can use that program to see every step to finish the puzzle. Each time you click "replay (1 move per click)", you see 1 move.

Thank you for that Goldrusher! :)

16by1630i2q.png

Thanks for this, now 100% the 15 piece puzzle was killing me!

STG

16by1630i2q.png

not working at all for me :(

this is all I get, every time: http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot-20120924_2d9owy.jpg

Takao

Banned
Sony and Ubisoft have always been bros in regards to AC, so that's not a surprise. Even Bloodlines and ACII shared stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom