• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

So apparently, all being well, FuturLab should have two games ready for Playstation Mobile launch. Great stuff. More info next week apparently. Beat Slider is already a launch game, so there will be one FuturLab game at least :p

Prepare to have me telling you all to buy their two new games.

Have they showed any screenshots or videos of Beat Slider? I'm curious in it since it's FuturLab, but I've seen absolutely nothing about it.

Vitacat

Debating between lbp, most wanted and assassins creed for my vita game to last till Xmas, any opinions?

Get all 3? They are each completely different types of games. LBP is the only 100% known quantity -- it IS great. NFSMW seems like it'll be good, but we have no proof. AC, same thing.

Can't believe people are actually putting Golden Abyss over Uncharted 2, but GA did have a bigger focus on exploring. UC2 completely changed the game and gave birth to all the Uncharted clones we have coming in 2013. It's easily the best one and the most influential out of the 4 Uncharted games, it was phenomenal. UC2 >>>> UC3 > UC:GA > UC1.
This is exactly why I prefer Golden Abyss to the other Uncharteds ('cept maybe the first, 'cause it was the first, but anyway)... I never quite jibed with the whole "I've reached point x, now I can kill another near endless swarm of stupid bad guys!" structure in this series, no matter how well they staged it (and they've staged it very well indeed)... I really liked collecting all the treasures and rubbings and artifacts in Golden Abyss; made me feel more like a treasure hunter and less like Duke Nukem...

Finally picked up LBPv today, but I also found a copy of the FFVIII Brady Guide, and I was thinkin' of playing Final Fantasy VIII on the Vita the other day... decisions, decisions...
I'll pro'ly be playing FFVIII and jump into LBP when it all gets too much ;)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, I wish I could convert my retail copies to digital. Need Disgaea and LBP in here at all times.

Vitacat

Man, I wish I could convert my retail copies to digital. Need Disgaea and LBP in here at all times.

Go all digital. I did. And I'm happier (albeit poorer) for it.

Still have one retail game left to sell (Lumines ES) before I'm fully converted to digital. If anyone wants it, I'm just asking $20+shipping.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Haven't heard much, really... I hear there might be some frame rate dips here and there, but I haven't heard anything for a long time. There's also the people that won't stop complaining about the new art. =/
I think I've moved beyond the art and my biggest problem is that the game just seems weirdly sexualized and lacks the charm that the original oozed. I liked the old art, and I actually like the new art, I just wish that the developers didn't find the need to also change the game's personality along with the art style. Still, I'm not going to own a Wii anytime soon, so I'm interested in the game.

spannicus

Silent Hill Book of Memories is actually looking pretty fun. please give it a chance people's I'd love to play multiplayer with a few of you guys. Seems like its going to be a lot of fun.

Foxix Von

Another good preview for AC. I'm starting to get pretty hyped for it..

Yeah, I think I'm actually going to put a reservation down. It actually seems like they've addressed some of the issues that got in my way from enjoying the previous titles. The removal of the infinite block and parry system, a dedicated jump button and that whole costume system sounds really, really interesting.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/2...rsion-cross-play-and-other-features-detailed/

The Phantasy Star Online 2 development team held a Q&A panel at the Tokyo Game Show last week, where they answered questions about the upcoming PlayStation Vita version of the game, slated for release in Spring 2013. The Phantasy Star Fan Blog has translated some of these details that were collected at Famitsu.com and 4Gamer.

PC/Vita cross-play:

While PC players and PlayStation Vita players will be able to play together, only certain blocks on a server (called “ships”) will be designated for cross-play. As illustrated in the image above, green blocks are PC + Vita, while everything else is PC-only. However, team chat will be viewable regardless of which block you’re in.

Free-to-play and online-only:

Just like the PC version of the game, the PlayStation Vita version will be completely free to download and play, and will be an online-only game. You will be able to download the game from the PlayStation Store when it releases.

One account per memory card:

Since PlayStation Network accounts are tied to Vita memory cards, you will only be able to have a single account per memory card. If you want to create multiple characters under the same account, you can pay Arks Cash to avail this service.

A beta is in consideration for the PlayStation Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2, but a timeframe for the same has not been announced yet.

PSO2 Vita stuffs.
A quick google search turns up very little other than this: E3 2012

Sounds interesting.

Gameplay video

Yeah, I personally can't wait for it. Just wish I had the income to pick it up...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AW MY GAHHHHHHD. The LittleBigPlanet demo includes the Wack-a-mole game that Donkey Show did.

SOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE. <3

Just smashed my TOM:Blitz score, need more active friends though to compete with...

KJFNp.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Go all digital. I did. And I'm happier (albeit poorer) for it.

Still have one retail game left to sell (Lumines ES) before I'm fully converted to digital. If anyone wants it, I'm just asking $20+shipping.
Cost is definitely the primary deterrent. Probably saved over 80$ by buying my Vita games at retail so far.

1 day:

The amount of time it would take me to toss that turd back at the GameStop employee whence it came!

uahahahaha
too bad one piece is digital only so you can't toss shit back

i hate you btw

Vita does cross play with pc now? Nice!
Yeah, they annoucned it at TGS. I'm looking forward to it!

Btw, I liked your previous avatar more!
Seconded!
Heh. I'll go back for a bit if you guys want.

I have no doubt,I'm going to buy AC. The previews are fantastic and the gameplay I saw so far is just great.

I say AC for PS Vita GOTY ;)

Woah now don't get crazy. What about persona? Or ragnarok? Or lbp? Or wipeout? Or sound shapes? Or whatever else I'm missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom