• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

Take a photo of this, making sure the numbers are inside the squares:

16by1630i2q.png

You shouldn't have a hard time to finish the 2 lower difficulties, but for the final one, I've used a puzzle solving program:

http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/Download/Puzzle15.zip

When you start a puzzle on the Vita, let it move the tiles around, then click the PS-button to pause.
Now in that nifty little program, click "setup" and move the tiles to match those on your Vita.
Set "weight for distance" to 25 and let it solve the puzzle.

Now, you can use that program to see every step to finish the puzzle. Each time you click "replay (1 move per click)", you see 1 move.
Just memorize 2 or 3, unpause your Vita, do the steps, pause. Repeat.

I had 10 seconds to spare with 60 moves.
You are a God. I'm going to try this out later :D

zroid

Banned
TBH I'm actually interested in AC3 and Lib, but as a general rule I just don't buy Ubisoft games day 1. I've too often been burned by their notorious price drops barely 1-2 months after release.

I'm pretty sure Revelations was down to 20 bucks before 2011 was up.

TBH I'm actually interested in AC3 and Lib, but as a general rule I just don't buy Ubisoft games day 1. I've too often been burned by their notorious price drops barely 1-2 months after release.

I'm pretty sure Revelations was down to 20 bucks before 2011 was up.

Yup, Im gonna wait and try to avoid the OT/Spoiler thread that will inevitably be on GAF.

Takao

Banned
Anyone have that CoD Blops Declassified gif where it shows the gun shaking instead of dispensing empty rounds? lol

If no one else steps to the plate I'm gonna do an OT just with that gif and leave.

chizmiz

Banned
What the hell just happened? Did I just have to go through 30 minutes of credits at the end of the story mode in LBP Vita? Just... Wow. Extreme.

OmegaZero

Anyone have that CoD Blops Declassified gif where it shows the gun shaking instead of dispensing empty rounds? lol

If no one else steps to the plate I'm gonna do an OT just with that gif and leave.

That would be amazing.
Can't find the gif though.

Sid

Don't even do that, the OT should have just "No comment" .

Vitacat

Ended up getting this case:

41oaYv34eUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Turns out to be pretty damn cool. Not the best protection in the world, but compact and absolutely perfect for watching movies on plane trips. The integrated stand is superb.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Ended up getting this case:

Turns out to be pretty damn cool. Not the best protection in the world, but compact and absolutely perfect for watching movies on plane trips. The integrated stand is superb.
Nice choice. It looks nicer than my face case (?), although I decided to opt for protection instead of looks. Naturally, my Vita got nicked a week later. :(

future shop exclusive AC3L steelbook
Ugh, why is Canada so much better than America.

I wonder how well it will sell actually. It's obviously of low quality and the majority of vita owners are enthusiast. I wonder if it might flop..

spats

I wonder how well it will sell actually. It's obviously of low quality and the majority of vita owners are enthusiast. I wonder if it might flop..

The overall impression the videos give is that it's not a good game. Even with a big brand attached to it, I think the majority of the Vita consumer base will see right through it.

Massa

The overall impression the videos give is that it's not a good game. Even with a big brand attached to it, I think the majority of the Vita consumer base will see right through it.

Looks like a decent B-tier game to me. Resistance Burning Skies was far from perfect but it was actually pretty fun.

zroid

Banned
NICE.

Do we get this immediately when we pre-order? Would look badass with my ACIII steelbook.

I can pre-order in-store right?

Nah, it will be shipped or given to you along with the game. Steelbooks can be a little iffy in-store, but usually they are allocated a small quantity at least. Online is generally the only way to guarantee you'll get one.

(also it doesn't look like it's available just yet, they only posted the image)

Sid

Looks like a decent B-tier game to me. Resistance Burning Skies was far from perfect but it was actually pretty fun.
Yeah it was pretty fun and an easy platinum too, cod looks better than resistance though, i hope the sp is at least as good.

Quick

Banned
Nah, it will be shipped or given to you along with the game. Steelbooks can be a little iffy in-store, but usually they are allocated a small quantity at least. Online is generally the only way to guarantee you'll get one.

(also it doesn't look like it's available just yet, they only posted the image)

Just saw that it's the jumbo pack, like they had for the Mario games on DS/3DS. Kind of iffy on it now. Seems kind of pointless packing the game inside its original case in another case.

And for anyone in Canada that hasn't bought LBP Vita, Future Shop's having trade-in deal: Trade one select game, get LBP in exchange.

Vitacat

Yeah, have that one too; combined with the crystal case.

("old" pics)

Ah, brilliant! Maybe I'll do that as well. What crystal case is that? Do you have an Amazon link for it?

EDIT: Looks like the Cosmos one ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078J3KVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20 ).

fernoca, does the Vita in the crystal case actually fit OK in the Sony carry case? I'm looking at my naked Vita in it right now, and it doesn't seem like it would fit with a plastic case on as well. Does it insert normally, close normally etc?

In that last video, did the player just manually aim the dart or was that just me?

Looking good by the way. Pre-order justified.

Its not exactly manual aim, you put the reticle over them and then push and hold the button and then it goes into auto aim mode and the regular ac long distance aiming takes over. Press again to fire off the shot.

zroid

Banned
Just saw that it's the jumbo pack, like they had for the Mario games on DS/3DS. Kind of iffy on it now. Seems kind of pointless packing the game inside its original case in another case.

Yeah I agree, the NSMB2 one I have is absolutely useless. But fortunately I don't actually keep my games in steelbooks anyway, I just put 'em on display on my "table of random gaming paraphernalia", and this one looks real purdy.

Probably still not going to pre-order this game though :(

Also I've been harping on about how I'm trading KH3D for LBP tomorrow for days now xD

MooMoo

Can't wait for tomorrow. LBP, maybe FF3 (if it's Vita compatible day one, which I doubt), and hopefully a new slew of PS1 games (which hopefully include some RPGs). Okay, so maybe two out of those three are huge maybes but at least LBP will be good!

Noi

Also I've been harping on about how I'm trading KH3D for LBP tomorrow for days now xD

Totally off-topic, but does KH3D get better later? I keep plugging away at it bit by bit, but the game seriously isn't doing it for me, and I'm a "thinks Re:Coded is one of the better games in the series"-level fan.

Edit: Oh my, new page. Umm, hi VitaGAF!

Totally off-topic, but does KH3D get better later? I keep plugging away at it bit by bit, but the game seriously isn't doing it for me, and I'm a "thinks Re:Coded is one of the better games in the series"-level fan.

The lore in this new one is easily one of the greatest things I have ever experienced.

I don't have a 3DS so I had to read it on the internet and not experience it first hand, though. ):

zroid

Banned
I honestly haven't even played it yet. :(

I just admitted to myself that I'm probably not going to get around to it for months so I might as well trade it for LBP (which I actually want to play now), and re-buy it down the road. (EDIT: Also I totally can get double club nintendo coins this way, wahahaa)

This whole flowmotion thing is pretty fun, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom