• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand how game/app updates are handled on the Vita... you have to open each one's page and wait a few seconds to see if there is an update. There can be arguments made that this is sufficient, but it really should be consolidated like how it is on other platforms. It makes the life of the compulsive updater rather difficult.

PS+ will bring change?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh man, if you have a japanese account, play picotto knights, it's a free to play castle crashers with rpg elements, it's soo good, missions are small and funny, you play always with 3 other persons, there are levels and abilities(tied to the class of weapon you used), customizations etc.
I really hope someone bring it here! XD

STG

Sid

hoping for this 2nd brand to be big too? Capcom have the expertise in that genre it seems, and every big brands start somewhere.
Then that would require a ton of marketing and i don't think vita will provide a good enough starting point for it,sony are better off to spend this cash elsewhere and get a big third party IP spinoff or even god eater 3 as a vita exclusive.

Sintoid

Oh man, if you have a japanese account, play picotto knights, it's a free to play castle crashers with rpg elements, it's soo good, missions are small and funny, you play always with 3 other persons, there are levels and abilities(tied to the class of weapon you used), customizations etc.
I really hope someone bring it here! XD

You're Emanuevil!

kiyomi

Went back to GR today, forgot how bad the combat is/was.

Actually, scratch that, it's just in this one chapter that it is particularly bad.

Chapter spoiler :
Curiosity Killed the Cat. With the complete lack of your full abilities. So frustrating.

But I got through it, hopefully that's the end of that kind of gameplay 'spin'. I really love just flying around finding gems.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

That looks amazing

Now that is the shit Sony should be fucking championing, making those companies bring this shit stateside

F2P in NA is still iffy on the VITA, if they can make this a $14.99 DL killer app or hell take everything and add enough shit to last a long time and charge $40, my body is ready
Or be a hybrid of both

$14.99 gets you basic access, stuff, extra missions/stuff = DLC
$39.99 fully paid upfront sets you up 1+ year worth of content
Some shit along these lines

Went back to GR today, forgot how bad the combat is/was.

Actually, scratch that, it's just in this one chapter that it is particularly bad.

Chapter spoiler :
Curiosity Killed the Cat. With the complete lack of your full abilities. So frustrating.

But I got through it, hopefully that's the end of that kind of gameplay 'spin'. I really love just flying around finding gems.

Loved that chapter; it made you think way outside the box the game had trained you to stick in up to that point. There's no more of it in the rest of the game, if that makes you feel better about it.

I can't stand how game/app updates are handled on the Vita... you have to open each one's page and wait a few seconds to see if there is an update. There can be arguments made that this is sufficient, but it really should be consolidated like how it is on other platforms. It makes the life of the compulsive updater rather difficult.

I never check that way. I just boot the game. If it starts to connect and is downlevel, you get a warning about applying the patch to connect, just like on 360 and PS3...

Carl

So apparently, all being well, FuturLab should have two games ready for Playstation Mobile launch. Great stuff. More info next week apparently. Beat Slider is already a launch game, so there will be one FuturLab game at least :p

Prepare to have me telling you all to buy their two new games.

kiyomi

Loved that chapter; it made you think way outside the box the game had trained you to stick in up to that point. There's no more of it in the rest of the game, if that makes you feel better about it.

Fair enough, I just felt it was a little too restrictive and I thought the shortcomings of the combat just became more apparent.

And it does, yeah, hehe.

So apparently, all being well, FuturLab should have two games ready for Playstation Mobile launch. Great stuff. More info next week apparently. Beat Slider is already a launch game, so there will be one FuturLab game at least :p

Who is FuturLab and why should I care, Captain Space Blobs?

Darkangus

The pre-requirements to get in the Vita club are geting higher... =)

Mondriaan

Secondly, it would probably be cheaper to money hat a new MH than for SCE to pay for the development and marketing of another. Thirdly, SCE already has their own MH clone in Soul Sacrifice. Why in the world would they make another? Lastly, if by some reason this is real why wasn't it announced at TGS? This is an exclusive to PlayStation ...
I suspect that it'll be something more along the lines of a F2P cat village 2.5d MH-super-lite title (e.g. Capcpom trolling).

AwRy108

Best looking mobile game to me has to be Infinity Blade and I would love to have that on my Vita. I also wonder why TT didn't put Walking Dead on Vita.

The Vita is suffering from so much missed potential on the digital games front that it drives me crazy. I see so many decent PSN/XBLA titles selling poorly (eg. Shoot Many Robots, Retro/Grade, Dyad, Rainbow Moon), SONY should really be throwing some money at getting them ported to the Vita so that they get a second life.

Whereas lots of PSN exclusives are a tough sell to the mass market console owners AND wouldn't work on smartphones due to power and/or lack of physical controls, the Vita seems like it would be a natural fit for some of these games. Even cross-play would be acceptable.

fixed it for you.

PS. How often do you change your avatar haha

EA Sports definitely does things like this, but I'm talking more in general. EA almost goes out of its'' way to be a business do what many others don't want them to do, ultimately fucking themselves and the consumers over. I just wish they put out less games that I look forward to.

Once a week, probably a little less! I've even got my next one lined up. :D Though I'm rather fond of the one I have now...

mauaus

EA Sports definitely does things like this, but I'm talking more in general. EA almost goes out of its'' way to be a business do what many others don't want them to do, ultimately fucking themselves and the consumers over. I just wish they put out less games that I look forward to.

Once a week, probably a little less! I've even got my next one lined up. :D Though I'm rather fond of the one I have now...

i feel like i need to change mine, im bored of it...

MisterC20XX

One more day!

lbpmain.jpg

Ponn

Banned
i feel like i need to change mine, im bored of it...

It's a constant reminder to me of how much I wanted to play Lego Batman 2 on Vita and the disappointment of it turning out to be a 3DS port.

Don't you dare screw up LoTR Lego Travellers Tale.

Takao

Banned
It's a constant reminder to me of how much I wanted to play Lego Batman 2 on Vita and the disappointment of it turning out to be a 3DS port.

Don't you dare screw up LoTR Lego Travellers Tale.

Most definitely going to be a 3DS port, even with SCE doing bundles for it.

Skyzard

Banned
Debating between lbp, most wanted and assassins creed for my vita game to last till Xmas, any opinions?

Hmm hard not to get all 3. At least wait for NFS MW footage...but that ought to be really good too..

edit: TE has some good advice below

----btw team picks aren't empty now in LBP, just checking out the levels now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom