• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
I really don't know if your being sarcastic or not, lol. Either way, it's actually worth it for that, even if your only playing ported PS1 games..

No sarcasm. So far I've re-beaten only Soul Reaver, but Cool Boarders 2 plays great and with the way you can drop in and out of games, I can't imagine not having the system in my bag. :)

I like the PSP Grand Turismo just fine, but a true Vita version with fleshed out modes would be very much welcomed.

I haven't actually played a real Vita game since Sound Shapes. I think that's where all the complaints come from. It has to be, because there's certainly no lack of content on the PSN store. They could permanently drop some prices though.

I love how the last topic ended on the first day of Autumn for those in America.

Jeepers this board moves fast. Is there a filter I can set up so I don't miss stuff like this? I'd rather find out about GR2 than see the 1000th Wii U thread.
Yeah, it was up last night! No filter, jsut... keep an eye out and use search a lot, I guess?

YES! Finally beat Event Horizon 2.

I had 0.0s left on the clock lol. Now I can relax.
congrats :3

Oh look, new thread.

off to #6

Mondriaan

Has anybody found any good user-created LBP Vita levels yet? I haven't played the game since the first day the servers went up (except to check it a couple of days ago to see if anything looked interesting), because there were no good levels.
There was a hilarious pure text adventure game (something like a mildly raunchy choose your adventure). Its title was something like "text adventure".

I wouldn't be surprised if there are already too many people that good griefed it, though.

Takao

Banned
So what's the reference of the title?
I think i heard something similar, but i don't remember the source, but i remember that was nothing good for the one who would be the king.

For some reason I am reminded of the 4Kids opening for One Piece.

Foshy

Happy that Sly has a release date. we need more platform games on this wonderful machine!

Sound Shapes, Mutant Blobs Attack, LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins, Snapshot, Dokuro, Sly, Tearaway...Vita has and will get quite a few platformers!

sajj316

In thinking about ZOE more, I'm wondering if Konami is waiting for PSABR to be released for Vita before committing to another port project on the Vita. Maybe ... just maybe. If so, I'm ok with it. Better late than never and by a dev team that knows how to do it.

mshlive

Good job, added myself to the spreadsheet and I'll be adding some like-minded vitabros soon.

Does anybody have some good recommendations on the best cases and screen protectors for vita? I'm a UK-Gaffer and I'm going to Florida next Sunday so could do with something good!

Also, everybody buy LittleBigPlanet. It's a masterpiece!

alexein

I've added myself even though i dont have my vita, yet but its suppose to come by tuesday at worst.
You can add me my psn id is Alexein88, i play aon ps3 too
Did someone have tales of innocence R, i see it for a good prie maybe gonna buy.
I hope to play with you soon, i'm probably importing from US Ragnarok odyssey.
Then Persona 4 by november and i'm okay with not getting monster hunter, i've tried it on psp and didnt like it much, i prefer phantasy star.
God eater maybe too, but i'll have to buy the first one

Jawmuncher

This Holiday (Oct-Dec) is actually really good for the vita

Highlights:
Virtues Last Reward:Zero Escape
Persona 4 Golden
Assassins Creed Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Playstation All Stars
Street Fighter X Tekken
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Silent Hill Book of Memories
Call of Duty......(If it isn't shit)

That's a good amount of stuff that I wouldn't mind playing.
With Bolded being must buys.

While on 3DS im seeing the big titles are
Pokemon Black & White 2 (I know it's not a 3DS title but still)
Code Princess
Professor Layton and the Mircale Mask
Paper Mario:Sticker Star
Virtues Last Reward: Zero Escape

I only used Amazon Coming Soon, so I might be missing some big titles.
Regardless it's good to own portables.

But the main reason I posted the list is because of just how radically the games are.
The vita is rolling out a lot more M rated and T stuff then the 3DS. Personally this is why I have always loved the Sony Handhelds, since they are much more geared towards older gamers. Don't take that the wrong way though not saying something like Mario or Layton is bad though. Just wanted to further cement why I think there's room for two handhelds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom