• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this was announced at Sony's TGS conference.

how did i miss this??? one of my favorite games (of a very small number i enjoyed at all) on wii. i've been dreaming of a PS3 port forever since the producer teased it a long time ago. i thought those projects were canned...

Its' existence is not new news, but the 'Mysterious Legend of the Genroku Era' name for the DLC is new.

it is quite possible that fainting will become happening if a NA release is announced. so excite. when's the famitsu out with the details? hopefully there's clever use of the vita's features.

Vitacat

Buy LBP Vita or you are a terrible person. FACT.

$36 on PSN with 2 free costumes if you buy this week. About 1.1GB for USA.

Quick

Banned
Still not decided on LBP. Barely played LBP2 and thought it got stale pretty fast.

And the demo is the same size as the full game. Does that mean it installs the whole thing, then installs an unlock file if I buy it?

Vitacat

Still not decided on LBP. Barely played LBP2 and thought it got stale pretty fast.

And the demo is the same size as the full game. Does that mean it installs the whole thing, then installs an unlock file if I buy it?

Yes, the demo will update into the full game, and then the extras will install as well. That's how I did it.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I bought a hard shell case for my Vita, but it requires the shoulder buttons to be pushed down while it's in said case. Is this bad for my Vita?

Skyzard

Banned
dafuq

gif from earlier:

lbpv-For-InternetLoop_zps8ddb7450.gif

On a user-made level..you don't get that sort of precision with loose controls. Game is so much fun, even more so in MP. Not to mention endless content...

zroid

Banned
The bright side is if I don't like LBP for some reason, I can just trade it in to get P4G or Paper Mario for free in November (probably). :p

Digital sucks

LuchaShaq

Banned
Buy LBP Vita or you are a terrible person. FACT.

$36 on PSN with 2 free costumes if you buy this week. About 1.1GB for USA.

Eh I really disliked both of the Ps3 games. Definitely the type of game I enjoy more looking at the best user made levels for 15 min every 6 months than actually playing it.

Also 36$ isn't nearly cheap enough for me to give up my resale rights.

Vitacat

So are you liking it so far?

Yes, enough to buy it after playing the demo for like 10 minutes. :eek:)

BUT, full disclosure -- the only LBP I ever played was the PSP one, which I liked, and this is obviously way better. So I can't compare to the PS3 games, and anyone who really didn't like those I guess might not like this. I'm not qualified to advise in those cases.

Eh I really disliked both of the Ps3 games. Definitely the type of game I enjoy more looking at the best user made levels for 15 min every 6 months than actually playing it.

Also 36$ isn't nearly cheap enough for me to give up my resale rights.

Totally understood. I bought it because the demo seemed awesome, I liked the PSP LBP, and also because I want to support good Vita game devs.

As for giving up resale rights... yeah. I will admit that still really messes with my head sometimes. I have never bought so many expensive games digitally before. On iOS there was no real buyer's remorse to be had because games were so cheap. On PSN... you really do want to be sure you like the game well enough to (a) overpay for it (Sony really fucked the DD pricing model up, as expected), and (b) accept never being able to resell/trade it. And sometimes you can't really be sure until after you buy the game (demos only tell you so much). I'm really enjoying being all digital, but I am still very uncomfortable with the costs and the loss of rights. If Vita crashes and burns, and I end up feeling fucked over... I will likely NEVER buy into a DD experience like this one again. And certainly NEVER, EVER AGAIN from Sony.

Grinchy

Banned
I really like Treasure Park a lot.

I really hate with a passion the fact that it does not automatically download sheets from Near even after you tell it to. It makes me grab each sheet individually from any location I come across. So to get sheets, I have to scan through every single person to find one who uploaded a sheet, then bring the game up and wait for the loading screens, then go back to Near, wait for it to load again, and go back to checking each person again to find another sheet.

What the hell are they thinking. Stuff from other games all download automatically just fine.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
2012 GOTY
what is a paper mario are you in the right thread what's going on

And 2012 GOTY in the same year as Yakuza 5, Sleeping Dogs, LittleBigPlanet, and Virtua Tennis 4 for Vita? Girl, please.

I'm getting it sometime, just not... now time? I'll probably get it around my birthday, 11/18.
I love that you casually slipped in your birthday. I'm making a note of it now. Expect a lovely birthday note on December 15th when I finally remember.

I guess I can wait by then, so long as you get Sega Racing in the interim. I don't know how long I'll be keeping LittleBigPlanet.

Argh! I am an idiot. I had £36 of ShopTo credit and the £35 instant code is out so I got to buy a £25 and a £10 one to get LBP. I get the £25 and then look and they don't do a £10 one :( I now have to wait till tomorrow to go to town to get a £5 voucher.

Noi

because i like one piece and moe and other things

And you spend $50 on pirate musou. It's like I barely know you anymore

Yes, enough to buy it after playing the demo for like 10 minutes. :eek:)

BUT, full disclosure -- the only LBP I ever played was the PSP one, which I liked, and this is obviously way better. So I can't compare to the PS3 games, and anyone who really didn't like those I guess might not like this. I'm not qualified to advise in those cases.

LBP Vita is at least 150% better than LBP1/2. I say this as someone that didn't think the improvements done between LBP1 and 2 could be topped again, much less by a handheld game.

what is a paper mario are you in the right thread what's going on

And 2012 GOTY in the same year as Yakuza 5, Sleeping Dogs, LittleBigPlanet, and Virtua Tennis 4 for Vita? Girl, please.

there's all kinds of crazy people out there.

Then again, Katawa Shoujo is one of my GOTY contenders.

Ponn

Banned
Played the demo and i'm sold on digital version. Will get it tomorrow when I have some money.

Question though, looking at my download list on Vita and it's not showing the costumes i've acquired through LBP and LBP 2 that are supposed to be cross compatible for download so how do I get them?

Also holy shit does Sony need to get folders on Vita asap.

Noi

Played the demo and i'm sold on digital version. Will get it tomorrow when I have some money.

Question though, looking at my download list on Vita and it's not showing the costumes i've acquired through LBP and LBP 2 that are supposed to be cross compatible for download so how do I get them?

Also holy shit does Sony need to get folders on Vita asap.

The in-game store. When you look at the costumes there, they show up as "free" so you can nab 'em there.

I love that you casually slipped in your birthday. I'm making a note of it now. Expect a lovely birthday note on December 15th when I finally remember.

I guess I can wait by then, so long as you get Sega Racing in the interim. I don't know how long I'll be keeping LittleBigPlanet.
i love it too

But no, really, it's the time of year I get a bit more disposable income. Birthday, Christmas, bonuses, overtime, etc.

But only one of those games you named is any good
what the fuuuck

And you spend $50 on pirate musou. It's like I barely know you anymore
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME ):

Yeah, not feeling Little Big Planet. :/
I guess I'll buy it after I plat MGS2 HD.
you know what's up omegazero

Vitacat

O_O You can get more costumes if you have the PS3 games?!

I don't... I don't have a PS3. *cries*

Vitacat

Heh, it always surprises me when there are Vita owners who lack a PS3. I still see the Vita as a "Sony fan's" system.

I kinda like all systems. Just can't realistically support them all. Heck, I didn't even have a current gen system until my wife bought me the 360 last xmas. Loved my PSP, and my DS, so it was inevitable that I would get one of the new handhelds. What can I say, I love Wipeout more than Mario. :) So here I am: Vitacat.

I don't even buy 360 games anymore. Can't justify it, especially since I have a bunch of games in my backlog for it already. Always did like handhelds more (little did my then-fiancee realize).

Having said all that, maybe I will get a PS3 at some point. I already have some games for it thanks to Vita (WO HD and Sound Shapes).

Vitacat

You really should. PS3 is great!

Well, I'll tell you something... ordinarily I would not be able to justify the expense. However...

Before finally deciding to go all DD on Vita, I preordered Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition on Amazon. Apparently it was a very limited edition. So maybe I'll resell it for a decent profit and get a PS3. I dunno. Never did anything like that before, but if I'm not gonna play the cart I might as well.

Heh, it always surprises me when there are Vita owners who lack a PS3. I still see the Vita as a "Sony fan's" system.

That's part of the problem, IMO.
Sony has marketed this thing as a compliment to the PS3 (from the ads that I've seen in NA).

It deserves better for being such a nice piece of hardware with a huge backlog of software from multiple generations. Hopefully they do that with all the bundles coming up.

Ponn

Banned
The in-game store. When you look at the costumes there, they show up as "free" so you can nab 'em there.

Thanks for reply, i'm back to being pissed off at Sony over this FF3 bullshit though. I'm not in the mood to give them my money right now.

Ponn

Banned
Hadn't read up on that until you mentioned it just now... WOW. That's terrible.
KuGsj.gif

It's like being in love with a red-headed step child that her parents hate, or Meg. You try really hard to love her qualities and look past the bullshit but the parents constantly remind you how much they hate her and actively try to make her look unattractive.

Vitacat

It's like being in love with a gorgeous, potentially brilliant red-headed step child that her parents hate, or Meg. You try really hard to love her qualities and look past the bullshit but the parents constantly remind you how much they hate her and actively try to make her look unattractive.

Fix'd. :eek:) But yeah, good metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom