• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I bought Fifa13 right even after hearing about how horrible it was supposed to be...I like it. The game has definitively undergone some much needed changes. The framerate is way more stable, menus are way smoother, the physics have been heavily tweaked, new animations added, controls are super tight... I wish Madden got the treatment Fifa recieved.

Hope NHL makes it someday. Or someone should make a total blades of steel ripoff via Mobile.

Did they add tactical defense at least? Or it's just the same old one where you just press X button and watchthe defender screw the forward somehow?

Hanmik

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ice-the-vitas-potential-monster-hunter-slayer

A nice article about Soul Sacrifice.:!

h its foreboding art style and grim systems, Soul Sacrifice represents a bold new change of direction for the man behind the Blue Bomber, but it's a welcome one. Its focus on player choice and interpersonal drama represents a thought-provoking spin on Monster Hunter, while the melancholy story flies in the face of the "rah-rah" mentality one usually expects from a co-op action game. I can already tell that I'll be sacrificing plenty of time to it when it hits western shores sometime next year.

man i cant wait to get a Tekken game and DOA game on vita.

i know nothing is been annouced as of yet but i am sure at one point they will port it to vita.

god knows how many hours i played tekken 6 on psp.

i spent more time playing it than the console version. it was perfect portable game.

i really liked DOA on 3ds too. tekken was ok there but i want them on vita.

i am buying Need for speed on vita too and long with the ps3 version for online play... i passed on the run because i thought its shitty but i liked NFS HP alot and used to play it online on ps3.

oh and i want ace combat on my vita too

man i cant wait to get a Tekken game and DOA game on vita.

i know nothing is been annouced as of yet but i am sure at one point they will port it to vita.

god knows how many hours i played tekken 6 on psp.

i spent more time playing it than the console version. it was perfect portable game.

i really liked DOA on 3ds too. tekken was ok there but i want them on vita.

i am buying Need for speed on vita too and long with the ps3 version for online play... i passed on the run because i thought its shitty but i liked NFS HP alot and used to play it online on ps3.

oh and i want ace combat on my vita too
All the games you want are on the 3DS...

Vitacat

All the games you want are on the 3DS...

3DS Tekken and DOA are pretty crap compared to what Vita versions could be like. So of course we want Vita versions. Not to mention the 3DS dpad... cmon now, it's pretty bad.

I'm partial to Tekken, myself. Tekken DR was probably my most played PSP game. Tekken for Vita would be a killer app for me.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I don't think Need For Speed Most Wanted is on 3DS(which ll_l_x_l_ll want too)..so I really doubt that Ruud even read the post.

but lets keep calm and buy some 3DSs and cute Iwata posters and stickers.

Vitacat

Hate to bring bad news but...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/09/25/nfs-most-wanted-ps-vita-version-delayed/
http://ps3blog.de/2012/09/26/need-f...at-sich-verfahren-und-erscheint-etwas-spater/

Apparently NFSMW Vita is delayed till Spring 2013. :-(

According to a claimed translation:
“Release for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 is scheduled on 31 October this year. Special edition for PlayStation Vita owners will be available on market Spring 2013.”

EDIT: ok, so I guess I was beaten. Feel free to discuss anyway.

kerrak

I skipped WRC1 and WRC2 on ps3 due to poor graphics, performance, unusable incar view and too many good games to play, including some racers.

I wasn't expecting nothing special on the WRC3 demo, but I really liked. Ok graphics, fun gameplay, and perfect incar view. While this is no indication of the vita version quality, i take it as a good sign. Definitely it is a game that i will check, even more if the delay for NFSMW is confirmed.

Sid

Imo if delayed the vita version will have all the dlcs or something else.

The source is ea poland
Apart from EA poland noone said anything,even sony announced a bundle for this game for the fall,so are we sure that all the regional versions are delayed?

Apart from EA poland noone said anything,even sony announced a bundle for this game for the fall,so are we sure that all the regional versions are delayed?

No, I think that's the point - nothing has been said except this one person so no one knows if it is true or false. I haven't seen any big site pick this up and follow it up.

LBP Vita is damn gorgeous for a Vita game. Buy far the best looking Vita game I think.

My only complain so far is the level loading is very very slow. At least for the PSN DL version. I don't know about the cart version.

Sid

LBP Vita is damn gorgeous for a Vita game. Buy far the best looking Vita game I think.

My only complain so far is the level loading is very very slow. At least for the PSN DL version. I don't know about the cart version.
It takes like 4-5 seconds in story mode though the community levels take a bit more time.

Vitacat

In regards to the NFSMW delay, I read this on the PS Vita Forums:

http://psvitaforum.com/threads/need-for-speed-most-wanted-autolog-2-0.7245/page-15#post-153151

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

That's a relief if true. Fingers crossed.

Maybe by "special edition" that EA Poland blog was referencing plans for a NFSMW Vita bundle in the Spring?

Yes, it is gorgeous, but I would say it's one of the best looking, not necessarily THE best looking. But it's right up there, no doubt.

As for load times, seems fast enough to me from my 32GB card. Never more than a few seconds.

sajj316

I'll believe it when either NFS is delivered to my door or if one of you guys score an early copy and post impressions here.

Regarding EA Sports, this is par for the course no?

Madden 12.5
FIFA 12.5

You are still a getting console quality in your hands but it's not the same version. I don't think you'll ever get version parity with these sports titles and FIFA is proof of this.

Vitacat

Weird question...

What are the chances of a new Kenka Bancho for Vita? Zero, I guess...? :-/

I loved that game on PSP. Might even rebuy it from PSN if Atlus does another sale. Anyone else liked that game a lot?

Takao

Banned
Weird question...

What are the chances of a new Kenka Bancho for Vita? Zero, I guess...? :-/

I loved that game on PSP. Might even rebuy it from PSN if Atlus does another sale. Anyone else liked that game a lot?

I'd say chances are good for future Kenka Bancho games to appear on Vita. It's one of Spike's most successful series. Would it get localized? Uh, no. There's plenty of Kenka Bancho games that have stayed Japan-only.

Sid

I'd say chances are good for future Kenka Bancho games to appear on Vita. It's one of Spike's most successful series. Would it get localized? Uh, no. There's plenty of Kenka Bancho games that have stayed Japan-only.
How do you think vita will perform after monster hunter 4 is released?

Vitacat

If a KB gets made for Vita I will beg Atlus to localize it every day until [a] i die or it happens.

Such a fun game. Criminally underappreciated imo.

Hate to bring bad news but...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/09/25/nfs-most-wanted-ps-vita-version-delayed/
http://ps3blog.de/2012/09/26/need-f...at-sich-verfahren-und-erscheint-etwas-spater/

Apparently NFSMW Vita is delayed till Spring 2013. :-(

According to a claimed translation:

EDIT: ok, so I guess I was beaten. Feel free to discuss anyway.
If it means a more polished game, I'm OK with it. The thing is that it was probably one the big holiday titles for the Vita.
Maybe it's for the better and it doesn't have to compete with AC3:L and COD.

I fix it for you.
NFS is the "same game" than PS3 version,at least this is what I read so far. We will see.

I'd be doubtful myself but I've seen to many trusted people say how impressed they are that the vita version is the same as the ps3 one except for slightly worse graphics and less players in MP.

Tailzo

I'll believe it when either NFS is delivered to my door or if one of you guys score an early copy and post impressions here.

Regarding EA Sports, this is par for the course no?

Madden 12.5
FIFA 12.5

You are still a getting console quality in your hands but it's not the same version. I don't think you'll ever get version parity with these sports titles and FIFA is proof of this.

I thought Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita was supposed to just as good as the ps3 version?

bud23

I thought Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita was supposed to just as good as the ps3 version?

Yes.
Incredibly, the Vita version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted is essentially the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 games. “Everything from what we the ‘TV game’ is here on the small screen,” he announces. And when he says everything, he means it – every highway, back street, bridge and tunnel. All of the cars, the meet-ups, the challenges and the drive-through garages – they’re all in the game, and importantly they haven’t been cut down or changed to fit the Vita.

“This is pretty much the PS3 version of the game shoehorned onto Vita very tightly,” he continues. “This is a very technically ambitious thing to do - there aren’t any open-world games on Vita so far. To keep the world the same, to not make any compromises – that’s what we’ve done.”

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/need-for-speed-most-wanted-vitas-hidden-gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom