• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamespawn

Okay, so I bought Fifa13 right even after hearing about how horrible it was supposed to be...I like it. The game has definitively undergone some much needed changes. The framerate is way more stable, menus are way smoother, the physics have been heavily tweaked, new animations added, controls are super tight... I wish Madden got the treatment Fifa recieved.

Hope NHL makes it someday. Or someone should make a total blades of steel ripoff via Mobile.

Noi

can someone explain this bullshit to me please

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492912

Does he mean Adhoc party that used for PSP and Vita games or the Adhoc feature on Vita (local multi) or the cross play?

From the way he's wording it, local multi, which has always been called Adhoc.

In which case:

iGrW4hrHyN3QE.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I assume he means local multi vita

:/

So because Vita is selling low this ex-SCEA dude think cutting local multi from all Vita games is a good idea or what Sony should do with Vita games (aka no local multi for all)? the hell?

No wonder why SCEA were/still doing nothing right on Vita.

Vitacat

Okay, so I bought Fifa13 right even after hearing about how horrible it was supposed to be...I like it. The game has definitively undergone some much needed changes. The framerate is way more stable, menus are way smoother, the physics have been heavily tweaked, new animations added, controls are super tight... I wish Madden got the treatment Fifa recieved.

Hope NHL makes it someday. Or someone should make a total blades of steel ripoff via Mobile.

Well, that's good to hear.

GOD FORBID that Sony should fucking do jackshit to make people aware that the game HAS actually improved and might be worth buying if you like Fifa. I hate those lazy bastards so much for letting Vita and its games just go out to die, day after day. Amazing hardware with a growing (albeit not fast enough) selection of solid games, and no marketing worth a damn. I never saw anything quite like it before.

IllumiNate

He meant the fact that the only way to play multiplayer while away from wifi is ad hoc, and since no one has a Vita it makes it pointless

bakedpony

Hi guys I have a question. I know that Vita memory cards are now restricted to one account only and it would require reformatting to switch accounts. The question is,

Can I use my PS3 to solve this problem? For example:

say I wanna buy Game X on the Asian store but my Vita account is a US one. Can I just log in to my Asian account on a PS3, buy and download the game from the Asian store. Then, I would switch my PS3 account to that of the US one (same as the Vita) and simply transfer?

Noi

Hi guys I have a question. I know that Vita memory cards are now restricted to one account only and it would require reformatting to switch accounts. The question is,

Can I use my PS3 to solve this problem? For example:

say I wanna buy Game X on the Asian store but my Vita account is a US one. Can I just log in to my Asian account on a PS3, buy and download the game from the Asian store. Then, I would switch my PS3 account to that of the US one (same as the Vita) and simply transfer?

I'm not 100% sure, but it's likely you won't be able to transfer it unless the Vita has the same account as the one the game is registered to. I wouldn't risk it.

He meant the fact that the only way to play multiplayer while away from wifi is ad hoc, and since no one has a Vita it makes it pointless

And that's the worst justification for axing local multiplayer I've ever heard.

Noi

Beaten like a Vita.

YOSP is on it though, at least one person at Sony means well and actually responds.

Seriously. They even made YOSP look bad, since he said that Tokyo Jungle would come with the Remote Play patch by default, and he didn't know it didn't until someone in the OT tweeted it at him.

FFIII PSP releases on PSN today, only Vita compatible via buying it on a PS3 and then downloading it on Vita through the download list.

SCEA "fixes" it so you can't do that anymore.

Riots start, SCEA building is burnt down.
Apparently FF3 PSP was initially available through the Vita PSN Store, but... they removed it. No one knows why. The PSN monkeys probably have no idea why either.

I am now convinced that SCEA works for Nintendo.
tumblr_m96ujuCyWF1rugp94o1_400.gif

are you kidding me scea

Beaten like a Vita.

YOSP is on it though, at least one person at Sony means well and actually responds.
Yoshida's the man, man.

zroid

Banned
It's not really surprising that perhaps the only thing Sony has managed to do right with PlayStation since the PS3's launch is deliver some pretty sweet new first party content.

That's Shu's job.

Ponn

Banned
Got second reply from Yoshida after clarifying for him. He's taking info and passing it along and looking into it. I thanked him for being the only one responding to this info, I don't want to sound like a pissed off fanboy even though thats the way I feel. I know its not his fault and really appreciate a down to earth higher up like him actually putting himself out there to the consumers and responding.

Okay YOSP, you win this round, I will still buy LBP Vita tomorrow.

Vitacat

Got second reply from Yoshida after clarifying for him. He's taking info and passing it along and looking into it. I thanked him for being the only one responding to this info, I don't want to sound like a pissed off fanboy even though thats the way I feel. I know its not his fault and really appreciate a down to earth higher up like him actually putting himself out there to the consumers and responding.

That actually is pretty amazing, to see an exec that high up actually give a shit about customer concerns. It's like he cares about people being able to buy stuff.

Oops, did I say "exec?" I meant to say "Sony exec." There, now it makes more sense.

sajj316

I've added to your tweets as I've been speaking to Jeff Rubenstein about Vita compatibility. Hopefully SCEA gets their stuff together and does the right thing!

Tailer

Man I really look forward for the day when I can play with Americans without any lag. And ironically enough it doesn't lag when I play with Japanese people and that was 5~ years ago too :/.

branny

I keep telling myself that I don't want LBPV, but it'd be nice to run through a level or two right now.............................

:|

darkwing

my golly, after finally getting LBP, I think the Vita is the perfect platform for it, after realizing you can place and resize stickers with the touch screen

:O

LBP on vita truly is a killer app. Best game on the platform, and instead of being a watered down console version this is actually by far the definitive version of the game and perfectly suited for the vita.

Spectacular level design and boss battles. Significantly better than the previous versions. I'm incredibly impressed.

zroid

Banned
my golly, after finally getting LBP, I think the Vita is the perfect platform for it, after realizing you can place and resize stickers with the touch screen

It's kind of amazing just how well-suited LBP is for a device like the Vita -- that is, one with standard controls as well as a touchscreen.

If I didn't know any better I'd think the games were designed with the Vita in mind, but then released on PS3 instead.

Apath

LBP sounds great from what everyone is saying, but I've played 1, 2, and the PSP version and have found the core gameplay mechanics to be painfully dull. I mean.. it's pretty much the same thing for the Vita version right?

Wow I wake up to a cavalcade of random vita news...

Glad to hear FIFA is good, if not as good as its supposed to be.

Tokyo jungle not having remote play yet just killed my purchase of that game until the patch comes out.

Littlebigplanet is awesome.

So what games do you reckon will be the first free ones with plus?

branny

do it do it do it do it
where is grim to protect me from this robot

LBP sounds great from what everyone is saying, but I've played 1, 2, and the PSP version and have found the core gameplay mechanics to be painfully dull. I mean.. it's pretty much the same thing for the Vita version right?
The demo made it seem kinda like LBP2 with additional touch stuff.

It will be one game, and that game will be Little Deviants.

zroid

Banned

Well, I wouldn't have expected it to change anyone's mind about the series, but lunch is at least one example of that happening.

Noi

It's a tough sell if you don't like the core mechanics. You should give the demo a whirl, tough pretty much the best I can say is that the controls are much, MUCH better, to the point that you can actually perform some pretty tough platforming sections without a problem.

Katamari, F1 racing and Little Deviants.

Or just to spite Carl, Mutant Blobs Attack.

where is grim to protect me from this robot

Off playing some musu game about pirates or something

darkwing

I think many people will agree with me that the Vita is perfect platform for LBP

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I just wish to:

-Use buttons in the pod (touch WHY.jpg)
-Turn off backtouchpad. It hinders more than it helps.

Otherwise it's a damn decent game/port of LBP.

I'm playing LBP and I noticed that my (matte) screen protector seems to be making some of the touch-based levels more difficult (especially that Puzzle Bobble clone on The Land of Odd). Is this just me? I'd take the protector off but I don't think I'd be able to re-apply it.

Noi

I'm playing LBP and I noticed that my (matte) screen protector seems to be making some of the touch-based levels more difficult (especially that Puzzle Bobble clone on The Land of Odd). Is this just me?

The puzzle bobble level is really hard in general, so that's not a good level to test that, haha.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
After being very disappointed with LBP 2's campaign compared to LBP 1, the Vita edition is amazing. It's just that good.

It may honestly be the best LBP. Gat damn.

After being very disappointed with LBP 2's campaign compared to LBP 1, the Vita edition is amazing. It's just that good.

It may honestly be the best LBP. Gat damn.

The level design is so much better than the previous games that I'd venture to say that if you had a problem with the core mechanics feeling dull, it probably was because of the level design.

In the vita version, everything just feels smoother and there never feels like there's a dull moment. Superb production values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom