• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusken77

I'm looking at picking up a vita next week, but daayum, they quite pricey.

Best I can find is 230 with uncharted and no memory card. And that's pounds not dollars.

I'll need disgea too.

My wages for the week will be gone :(

Buy the LittleBigPlanet Vita bundle online from Sainsburys - £189. Add the 10% code, knocking 19 quid off - £170. Subtract the price of LBP (£30) and the memory card (£10) and you're getting the system for £130. Absolute bargain.

Dev hell. It's in development at Sony San Diego right now.

eighty(one) was saying that could potentially be one of the reasons Type-0 hasn't been launched in the west yet.

Almost all of their iOS releases are ports though. Ports of games that have made back their money a long time ago. Type-0's localization costs haven't been recovered yet.

Chaos Rings? Demons Score? Final Fantasy Dimensions? Drakerider? Guardian Cross?

They've been ramping up recently....I just wouldn't put it past them or any third party (anymore), I guess.

not after their huge betrayal of FFXIII anyways :0/

Mondriaan

Ugh and all these Play 4 Play (P4P) levels are clogging up the Cool Levels so nothing good (except the REALLY GOOD) are at the top anymore.
A possible solution would be to have a trophy for hearting/promoting 100 good levels that have fewer than 20 plays and are at least one week old.

I would guess that it would take roughly three weeks for people to start gaming that system, though.

Noi

Chaos Rings? Demons Score? Final Fantasy Dimensions? Drakerider? Guardian Cross?

They've been ramping up recently....I just would put it past them, I guess.

A port of a mobile game to other mobile devices!

I'm just bitter that there is still NO WORD about the Android version in the US/EU even though it's out in Japan.

What was with Project Diva f being shown at E3? Is the game getting a western release or not?

I feel like it was a last minute substitution for another game that was supposed to be on display at Sony but was either cancelled or not ready. Everything about it screamed last minute filler - even on the demo reel where games were being shown with a set of hands playing it, Project DIVA f's was just a still photo with previously released game video superimposed on the screen area.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's a decent amount of titles so get the white vita now if you can coz i think i looks better than my black one and then buy more games along the way.

Yeah. I'll probably ask the guy whether he sells the white one for S$299 as well. He has like 30 unsold Vitas lying around beckoning to be bought. Maybe I can strike a discount with him if I buy more stuff but most of his games are already being sold at a really low price.

Massa

maybe via search? store update isn't officially up in US yet though... there's no ps blog entry for it.

After last week's SCEE problems I wouldn't buy games via search. Download demos early? Sure, but don't spend your money on PSN until they've tested (lol) and officially published it.

Famassu

He was responding to my above Response. I was hypothesizing Type-0's disappearance and silence, as SE moving it quietly to IOS. They are being silent and with their heavy iOS endeavors, it wouldn't surprise me if they shifted development over to that platform.

Just me speculating...though.
The thing is, their games have been at least somewhat smartphone friendly. Type-0 is not. Even on a proper gaming device (PSP) it has its issues not to even mention it's quite the complex game requiring all kinds of button combinations, touchscreen only controls would only make them a lot worse. The game simply isn't possible on smartphones without huge changes (and I mean in the scope of making Type-0 like that shitty Metal Gear Solid iOS thing).

sajj316

Just tried playing SoTC via Remote Play. It was pretty laggy for me.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Are you connecting over the internet or directly to the PS3?

Setting up the PS3 as an access point was MUCH better than me connecting to my PS3 through the internet (even if my connection is solid)

Takao

Banned
so LBP Vita US up yet ?

The North American Store has yet to update at all.

They've been ramping up recently....I just wouldn't put it past them or any third party (anymore), I guess.

As mentioned before, Dimensions is a port. Outside of Chaos Rings the other ones you mention are all very obvious low budget fair to the degree of something like Army Corps of Hell.

I understand devs and publishers not wanting to take risks when it comes to putting content on Vita (SE and Type-0 for example) but then why is it Falcom can afford to develop and publish a very good looking Y's game on it? I just cant comprehend how big name devs are unwilling to assist in growing a market due to perceived costs but smaller devs who shouldn't be expected to, are the ones taking those risks. Capcom? SE? EA? Activision? They should be the ones setting the trends not sitting on their hands. God bless devs like Falcom, Aksys, Index. Sony has an obligation to ensure that some of this content makes it over to the west by absorbing some of that localization/marketing costs and maximizing profits for those devs and growing the Vita market. A game like God Eater 2 should be announced for NA already. Vita customers shouldn't be in doubt. A game like Soul Sacrifice should have the tremendous engine of the Sony machine behind it, not sent to die at the feet of MH4.

I wouldn't exactly be praising Index here. All they did was add content to a PS2 port ... their 3DS support has been considerably better. As for Aksys, well I assume you mean Arcs System Works and Spike Chunsoft? Once again, ports. Only real effort is coming from Falcom, and as mentioned earlier that's because they have a devoted fanbase that'll settle wherever they choose. That said, they're developing on PyreEngine now meaning a multiplatform release in the future is not unlikely.

For the localization stuff I agree. It's always been a bit baffling that SCE has never tried to push Tales in the west. Those games sell well on PlayStation in Japan, but struggle to get localized because Scamco US hasn't heard of the wonders marketing can do to a game.

Carl

So Playstation Mobile finally releases a week tomorrow. Who's excited? The possibilities of what it could bring, along with 1 (maybe even two!) FuturLab games on launch day makes me very excited.

Is someone doing a PSM OT?

Sid

I'm just wondering as to how hard a beating will the vita take in japan after mh4 is released,sales will tank a lot more just because of sony's idiocy to not keep this franchise exclusive since they don't have many japanese portable system sellers and the support will be a lot less than this year from third parties.

Takao

Banned
So Playstation Mobile finally releases a week tomorrow. Who's excited? The possibilities of what it could bring, along with 1 (maybe even two!) FuturLab games on launch day makes me very excited.

moi

How expensive could it be for SEGA to release Valkyria Chronicles on PSP/Vita, even if only with English Subtitles? That and FF-Type 0 would be such killer titles for the Vita.

I wish I could read Japanese....

I'm excited but for the app potential than the games. The desktop app is cool but who knows what else will be made!

sajj316

I'm very excited and looking forward to downloading and trying out stuff on PSM!

sajj316

How expensive could it be for SEGA to release Valkyria Chronicles on PSP/Vita, even if only with English Subtitles? That and FF-Type 0 would be such killer titles for the Vita.

I wish I could read Japanese....

Sony couldn't even confirm whether FF III PSP works on the Vita .. it's shameful!

hyogen

Neo Member
Wow FIFA 13 is out already

How do I download the rare green clover tshirt costume? I own lbp2..

Also how to get all the costumes I own from LP from ps3?

Thanks

Carl

Should've guessed :p when's it going up?

I'm excited but for the app potential than the games. The desktop app is cool but who knows what else will be made!

Fair enough. More interested in the games myself. Could bring lots of great indie games with actual button control. Which is always nice.

I'm very excited and looking forward to downloading and trying out stuff on PSM!

Nice one. I'm looking forward to having a new game or two to make everyone buy.

darkwing

Wow FIFA 13 is out already

How do I download the rare green clover tshirt costume? I own lbp2..

Also how to get all the costumes I own from LP from ps3?

Thanks

go to the Add On section in the LBP Vita PSN store area, it will say free for what you have

hyogen

Neo Member
go to the Add On section in the LBP Vita PSN store area, it will say free for what you have

Thanks. Hmm I think there are some costumes for free which I never bought like pirates of Caribbean ..

Maybe that green clover tshirt is only available to me if I got in on the launch costume when lbp2 came out? :(

Wonder how FIFA 13 is compared to 12--probably an improvement!

mauaus

Who wants to help a Vitabro out?

I have an Amazon $35 Gift Card and need to trade it for PSN cards, anyone want to trade it for a $20 and $10 psn card ($30 total)

im not in the US and used to buy my PSN cards online at best buy but now thats over its a complete suckfest to buy PSN cards...

Kafel

Banned
If there's quantity (and quality) we should have a monthly PSM thread like the one for XBLIG. Plus I saw today Sony makes a nice contest like DBP in the UK.

branny

Oh... Right. I forgot I was mad about MvC:O not being on Vita.

and lol @ the first comment on the ps store update post

Andrefpvs said:
When are we finally getting Wake-up Club? I’ve been late to my classes every single day lately! SONY PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom