• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

I thought Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita was supposed to just as good as the ps3 version?

I'm not too concerned about EA games and Criterion the developer. My issue is with EA Sports and their product management philosophy with Vita.

Here's an opportunity to provide some sort of platform parity with FIFA 13 and they half-ass it. I can forgive Madden since it's their first attempt. Not with FIFA, one of their best sellers for Vita in Europe.

Snowballo

Just came here.

Concerning Fifa 13 I heard that american people can find it in store right now.
Looking at these opinions it seems a shitty copy and paste from Fifa Soccer.

Can you unlucky owners confirm this please?

jn3196.JPG

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Can you unlucky owners confirm this please?

i decided not to pull the trigger on it early today TK time

very glad i didn't - all signs point to it being not significantly different from Fifa 12

Hanmik

damn those Fifa 13 impressions are all over the place.. some say it has changed, some says it is the same.. come on vitabros..

Shinriji

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10 - Updated

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Sound Shapes
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss / Motorstorm RC
3. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
4. Super Stardust Delta
5. Lumines: Eletronic Symphony / Mortal Kombat / Tales of Space /Wipeout 2048
6. MGS HD Collection
7. Rayman Origins / Treasure of Montezuma Blitz / Unit 13
8. Gravity Rush / Treasure Park
9. Hustle Kings
10. Escape Plan

PS1 - Added Table Ice Hockey, Table Top Tanks, PulzAR and Table Soccer.
PS1 - Someone deleted all data from Gravity Rush. If you have it, be sure to add your name again. Don't make Kat cry. Thanks.

Super stardust portable (psp) is free for EU ps plus this week - is it vita compatible?

Kinda pointless with delta out but eh, interested anyway.

kiyomi

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

2. Sound Shapes
4. Super Stardust Delta
6. MGS HD Collection
9. Hustle Kings
10. Escape Plan

PS1 - Someone deleted all data from Gravity Rush. If you have it, be sure to add your name again. Don't make Kat cry. Thanks.

Fantastic work Shin.

Why would anyone delete the GR data -.-

Anyway, added myself back in now.

Shinriji

Fantastic work Shin.

Why would anyone delete the GR data -.-

Anyway, added myself back in now.

Thanks. Gonna make this update weekly, always on thursday (because is after the PSN store update on the US and EU).

And feel free to add more games or info on the list.

AwRy108

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

2. Sound Shapes
4. Super Stardust Delta
6. MGS HD Collection
9. Hustle Kings
10. Escape Plan

Great work, thanks. If you would, please add a statement that tells people sending Friend Requests to state that they're from the NeoGAF "PS Vita General Discussion Thread". I've been getting a lot of new Friend Requests since LBP Vita came out, but I end up not accepting most of them b/c the person doesn't mention how they got my PSN ID. I'm sure I am not alone.

Thanks again!

Cornbread78

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

2. Sound Shapes
4. Super Stardust Delta
6. MGS HD Collection
9. Hustle Kings
10. Escape Plan

*hit control F for Disgaea III*

hey WTF? WTF is going on in here... I think you forgot sumtin'!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Great work, thanks. If you would, please add a statement that tells people sending Friend Requests to state that they're from the NeoGAF "PS Vita General Discussion Thread". I've been getting a lot of new Friend Requests since LBP Vita came out, but I end up not accepting most of them b/c the person doesn't mention how they got my PSN ID. I'm sure I am not alone.

Thanks again!

On this, I went through the entire Vitabro list and sent requests. Hopefully I didn't lose too many folk due to the fact that I didn't say who I was, haha.

I've already accepted the fact that after Soul Sacrifice and PSO2, there won't be a single game on Vita worth our time.

It's a damn shame (DOA5 and TTT2 should've been shoo-ins for Vita, for instance) and we all know who's to blame. Fortunately, those two games alone seem to justify my $250 $200 purchase.

I've already accepted the fact that after Soul Sacrifice and PSO2, there won't be a single game on Vita worth our time.

It's a damn shame (DOA5 and TTT2 should've been shoo-ins for Vita, for instance) and we all know who's to blame. Fortunately, those two games alone seem to justify my $250 $200 purchase.

Why not? We don't even know whats releasing next year.

Shinriji

Thanks again!

Fixed. Added a disclaimer that says "FEEL FREE TO ADD THE PEOPLE THAT PUT DOWN HIS/HER PSN ID, BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT THAT YOU ARE FROM GAF ON THE FRIEND REQUEST MESSAGE. THANKS."

I think that this will do.

Cornbread78

new MC sales :(

:'(

Ya that's what the ouch is at, I mean at least it's hovering around 10k constantly not dropping but damn...

Honestly, this continues to boggle my mind. Why isn't Sony doing more to help it along? Is it arrogance? Are they that far behind in R&D money? They should have dropped it $50 and really put on a good marketign campaign for the holidays. And the software, where is it all, why can't they get SE on board? Where is our RE portable? How can they keep lettign these half a$$es sports ports onto the sytem and not push full retain titles? Dammit Sony, moneyhat some kind of decent franchise for VITA will ya! $hit, throw money at Konami for a Suikoden sequal, something... They are just makign it seam they do not care at times....

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Seems a bit premature honestly.

I don't really care how the Vita is selling because there are still games coming out for the system here and abroad. Given the obvious difference in sales between the 3DS and Vita I honestly feel that is very little difference in both the quality and quantity of games coming out for both systems. At some point I guess I would expect that to change given the sales but it really hasn't happened yet.

kuroshiki

I have a feeling that DOA5 will be on the system. Couldn't care much about TTT2.

UberTag

I love how even the trophies for FIFA 13 are a direct copy-and-paste from the launch day title.
I don't believe I've seen anything quite so shady in terms of sports releases in a long time. EA has set a new standard for duplicity here.

Dammit Sony, moneyhat some kind of decent franchise for VITA will ya! $hit, throw money at Konami for a Suikoden sequal, something... They are just makign it seam they do not care at times....
It makes me sad because I love the Vita quite a bit.
To be fair, it's the lack of marketing and the price point that is killing the system far more than the software support... for this year, at least.

I love how even the trophies for FIFA 13 are a direct copy-and-paste from the launch day title.
I don't believe I've seen anything quite so shady in terms of sports releases in a long time. EA has set a new standard for duplicity here.

Hahaha, if they even got the glitched "Stadium" trophy in, they deserve to be sued.

Cornbread78

Sony has no money and will soon go bankrupt.
It makes me sad because I love the Vita quite a bit.

I know, I'm right with you, I love this thing and I've spend more money on it right out of the gate than I ever have with a console release.

It might not even show on the NPD charts considering how past Vita titles have fared. It's only hope is that it is an extremely slow month for other games.

God that's depressing. :(

It's strange how some obvious things would make the vita sell far better and yet Sony refuses to do them. I mean I get that people want SE games etc but who knows perhaps that's just not possible right now. Things like showing more and better ads, more bundles, price cut. These are all things Sony can do themselves and are obvious ways to reinvigorate the system, especially with the holiday season here.

sajj316

Sid

God that's depressing. :(

It's strange how some obvious things would make the vita sell far better and yet Sony refuses to do them. I mean I get that people want SE games etc but who knows perhaps that's just not possible right now. Things like showing more and better ads, more bundles, price cut. These are all things Sony can do themselves and are obvious ways to reinvigorate the system, especially with the holiday season here.
Yeah,the way the vita is selling now sony should have done a price cut to $199 and bundle every vita with a game and a 4gb memory card and do a lot of marketing for the coming months,god knows how much will the sales taper off when monster hunter 4 is released and sony seemingly doesn't have any system selling exclusive for the next year,they have to moneyhat titles so as to make the hardware sell more and instill confidence among the publishers to provide the platform with adequate and quality suport.

daoster

Honestly, this continues to boggle my mind. Why isn't Sony doing more to help it along? Is it arrogance? Are they that far behind in R&D money? They should have dropped it $50 and really put on a good marketign campaign for the holidays. And the software, where is it all, why can't they get SE on board? Where is our RE portable? How can they keep lettign these half a$$es sports ports onto the sytem and not push full retain titles? Dammit Sony, moneyhat some kind of decent franchise for VITA will ya! $hit, throw money at Konami for a Suikoden sequal, something... They are just makign it seam they do not care at times....

Suikoden sequel won't make money, and it'd just be another DS/PSP style Suikoden anyways.

And the only answer I can give you is that Sony just doesn't care anymore...What did Nintendo do when 3DS was trending way below their expectations? They cut the price, and 3DS sales improved almost immediately.

What does Sony do? Absolutely nothing.

Now I understand that they might not want to sell their unit at a massive loss (which they might, if they cut the price), but they need to sacrifice short term gain for the long term for the Vita, if they want it viable platform for a while.

This year's E3, Gamescom, and TGS have shown that Sony is having a hard enough time getting developers on board the VITA, and if the Vita continue to sell as it is, next year, the conferences will be even more sparse. WE'll see if Vita is even well supported by the end of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom