• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Fifa Vita Trophies:

Aerial Threat (Bronze)
Against the Odds (Bronze)
All My Own Work (Bronze)
Around the World (Silver)
Back of the Net (Bronze)
Control the Open Space (Bronze)
Crosser (Bronze)
Distance Shooter (Bronze)
Established Keeper (Silver)
Experimental (Bronze)
FIFA for Life (Gold)
Folklore (Silver)
Good Form (Silver)
Good Week! (Bronze)
Great Month (Bronze)
Home and Away (Silver)
Home Maker (Bronze)
Hundred and Counting (Gold)
In for the Win (Bronze)
In the game (Bronze)
It's in the Blood (Silver)
Mastermind (Bronze)
Nimble Fingers (Bronze)
Once in a Lifetime (Silver)
Pass Master (Silver)
Perfect Keeping (Bronze)
Pinpoint Accuracy (Bronze)
Playmaker (Bronze)
Poacher (Bronze)
Pressure is On (Bronze)
Rising Talent (Silver)
Safe Hands (Bronze)
Sharp Shooter (Silver)
Soccer Legend (Platinum)
Thread the Needle (Bronze)
Training Time (Bronze)
Virtual Legend (Gold)
Warming the Gloves (Bronze)
Woodwork and In! (Bronze)
You Pointing at Me? (Bronze)

Fifa 13 Vita Trophies:

A Man Down (Bronze)
Against the Odds (Bronze)
All My Own Work (Bronze)
Back to Back (Gold)
Challenging Schedule (Silver)
Classy (Bronze)
Control the Open Space (Bronze)
Cup Upset (Silver)
Custom Sixty Four Winner (Silver)
Defiance (Bronze)
Don't Blink (Bronze)
Festive (Silver)
FIFA Fair Play (Bronze)
Folklore (Silver)
Football Legend (Platinum)
Fortress (Gold)
Good Form (Silver)
Good Week! (Bronze)
Great Month! (Bronze)
Hundred and Counting (Gold)
In the Game (Bronze)
Massive Signing (Bronze)
Nimble Fingers (Bronze)
No Draw for You! (Bronze)
Off the Top of my Hat (Silver)
One Goal a Season (Bronze)
Pass Master (Silver)
Pinpoint Accuracy (Bronze)
Pressure is On (Bronze)
Ruud boy (Bronze)
Sharp Shooter (Silver)
Sparkly Clean (Silver)
Thread the Needle (Bronze)
Tiki Taka (Silver)
Top of the League? (Bronze)
Tour Bus (Bronze)
Trait-or (Bronze)
Woodwork and In! (Bronze)
You Pointing at Me? (Bronze)

Suikoden sequel won't make money, and it'd just be another DS/PSP style Suikoden anyways.

And the only answer I can give you is that Sony just doesn't care anymore...What did Nintendo do when 3DS was trending way below their expectations? They cut the price, and 3DS sales improved almost immediately.

What does Sony do? Absolutely nothing.

Now I understand that they might not want to sell their unit at a massive loss (which they might, if they cut the price), but they need to sacrifice short term gain for the long term for the Vita, if they want it viable platform for a while.

This year's E3, Gamescom, and TGS have shown that Sony is having a hard enough time getting developers on board the VITA, and if the Vita continue to sell as it is, next year, the conferences will be even more sparse. WE'll see if Vita is even well supported by the end of next year.

At this rate we'll see if it has ANY support at the end of next year. Besides first party that is.

Sid

EA is slowly becoming the 'premier' supporter of the premium gaming handheld officially known as the playstation vita.

AwRy108

Honestly, this continues to boggle my mind. Why isn't Sony doing more to help it along? Is it arrogance? Are they that far behind in R&D money? They should have dropped it $50 and really put on a good marketign campaign for the holidays. And the software, where is it all, why can't they get SE on board? Where is our RE portable? How can they keep lettign these half a$$es sports ports onto the sytem and not push full retain titles? Dammit Sony, moneyhat some kind of decent franchise for VITA will ya! $hit, throw money at Konami for a Suikoden sequal, something... They are just makign it seam they do not care at times....

To take this in the PSN direction: why aren't we seeing more of the PSN titles getting Vita versions? Should this be something that SONY is pushing/encouraging/funding?

For instance, "Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit" is a recent PSN release that I won't buy b/c I'll never prioritize it in my PS3 backlog, but it would be a day-one purchase on the Vita. Same goes for games like "Shoot Many Robots", "Retro/Grade", "Tokyo Jungle", etc. I'm pretty sure that all these titles saw terrible sales on the consoles, so why doesn't SONY give them a second life on the Vita?

It's all really frustrating, especially since the situation feels so similar to the PSP's early days, yet with a vastly superior device.

To take this in the PSN direction: why aren't we seeing more of the PSN titles getting Vita versions? Should this be something that SONY is pushing/encouraging/funding?

For instance, "Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit" is a recent PSN release that I won't buy b/c I'll never prioritize it in my PS3 backlog, but it would be a day-one purchase on the Vita. Same goes for games like "Shoot Many Robots", "Retro/Grade", etc. I'm pretty sure that all these titles saw terrible sales on the consoles, so why doesn't SONY give them a second life on the Vita?

It's all really frustrating, especially since the situation feels so similar to the PSP's early days, yet with a vastly superior device.

Retro/grade is soo good. God damn that would make a perfect vita game.

Shinriji

DCharlie: Hero of the Vita. He have almost all games, even the more obscure ones like Asphal Injection and Ciel no Surge! :bow:

Noi

Even first party is iffy, if Tgs is anything to go by

There is already a Vita entry either released or announced for nearly all of Sony's major IPs, along with a few new ones. I'm content with waiting a bit for more first party announcements.

Wouldn't mind a God of War for Vita myself though, more so if it got the same attention as the PSP ones did.

sajj316

There were "three" new first party titles announced/rumored at TGS. Over My Dead Body 2, Open Me Box (it counts!), and maybe Gravity Rush 2.

Yup. nothing was earth shattering but I thought it was a good flow of updates and announcements.

There is already a Vita entry either released or announced for nearly all of Sony's major IPs, along with a few new ones. I'm content with waiting a bit for more first party announcements.

Wouldn't mind a God of War for Vita myself though, more so if it got the same attention as the PSP ones did.

God of War and Gran Turismo which are 2 biggest franchises sony has.

sajj316

God of War ain't happening because Ready At Dawn is interested in committing suicide with a next gen new IP and Sony Santa Monica is doing GoW: Ascension. GT is well ... GT.

God of War Vita could be Sony Bend's new title .. could be (is the key two words)

Sid

God of War ain't happening because Ready At Dawn is interested in committing suicide with a next gen new IP and Sony Santa Monica is doing GoW: Ascension. GT is well ... GT.
SSM didn't touch the psp i doubt they'll make a gow for vita and as for gt,it should have been announced a long time ago.Ready at dawn will do well with a new next gen ip if it hits early.

Takao

Banned
God of War Vita could be Sony Bend's new title .. could be (is the key two words)

Nah, the director of Ascension said a Vita GoW isn't even in preproduction yet and I doubt Bend could do a GoW game justice. Angry QTEs isn't their thing.

We won't hear about a GT for the Vita until they announce GT6. Polyphony take their sweet ass time with doing anything.

It would be smarter to scale down the GT5 assets for a GT on Vita that links up with GT6 before it's announced so the focus is entirely on it.

So joe danger 2 is coming to psn, reckon there's any chance of a vita version?

I doubt it but it would be another cool downloadable game. I'm still waiting on that urban trials game, a trials game or similar would be perfect on vita!

MisterC20XX

Good news, more confirmation that NFS is not delayed.

UPDATE: EA UK has told VideoGamer.com that there is "no delay" to the Vita version of Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and reconfirmed that the game will launch on November 2 alongside other formats.

ORIGINAL STORY: The PlayStation Vita version of Need For Speed: Most Wanted has been delayed until spring 2013, EA's Polish website has suggested.

Source: Videogamer.com

Good news, more confirmation that NFS is not delayed.

UPDATE: EA UK has told VideoGamer.com that there is "no delay" to the Vita version of Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and reconfirmed that the game will launch on November 2 alongside other formats.

ORIGINAL STORY: The PlayStation Vita version of Need For Speed: Most Wanted has been delayed until spring 2013, EA's Polish website has suggested.

Source: Videogamer.com

Awesome! Thanks very much bro, that is some fantastic news.

Cheech

God bless you guys and the eternal optimism. This thread makes me all nostalgic for the old Dreamcast thread right before Sega pulled the plug.

daoster

Were any of these for the Japanese market? Were any of these unique games, or were they simply Cross-Play PS3 ports? For the life of me, I can only come up with only one truly new unique first party game that had anything significant shown...and that was Teraway (and I am sooo excited for that game)

Don't get me wrong, I am loving the fact that I can play games like Sly 4 and PSABR on the VITA as well as the PS3, but these types of games will not help turn the Vita's fortune around.

There were "three" new first party titles announced/rumored at TGS. Over My Dead Body 2, Open Me Box (it counts!), and maybe Gravity Rush 2.

Sequel to a niche JRPG, a game that I'm not quite sure what it's about, and a game...not even officially announced, and nobody would have known were it not for twitter.

None announced at the Sony conference for TGS. Weee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom