• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjet81

Hey guys: anyone hear if/when we get any DLC for Hot Shots Golf?

I haven't put this much time and effort into a portable game since MGA2.

Every game needs to be on vita.

Big news! Sony buys rights to every game ever, will only publish on vita! Vita saved! Every other platform dead!

Hmm. That could be... Interesting. Not a god of war game but a game similar to Zeno clash could be pretty awesome on vita.

with accelerometer support and gyro. use that to look around and turn left/right. Use the back touch to pin point your punches and hits on screen. blow into the mic to shout at them.

with accelerometer support and gyro. use that to look around and turn left/right. Use the back touch to pin point your punches and hits on screen. blow into the mic to shout at them.

Plus AR support so your opponent appears in the real world in front if you! Dodge your opponents hits realistically!

Sid

Flip the vita and smash it on the wall to destroy it.

daoster

Every game needs to be on vita.

Big news! Sony buys rights to every game ever, will only publish on vita! Vita saved! Every other platform dead!

At the very least, most if not all future PSN games should be on VITA!

And Flower would be amazing on the Vita!

I wish thatgamecompany was still Sony exclusive so Sony could get them to make another game...for the Vita...interested to see what they could come up with.

sajj316

At the very least, most if not all future PSN games should be on VITA!

I wish thatgamecompany was still Sony exclusive so Sony could get them to make another game...for the Vita...interested to see what they could come up with.

Sony owns the rights to Flower and Journey (I think). They can hire them or outsource to BluePoint for a port :)

Got in on the Wal-Mart deal; Picked up Gwabbity Sqweeze, a copy of Uncharted to just re-sell, and grabbed Resistance to round it out... for what I'll end up paying out of pocket, I figured it was $20 or less to play through it...

zroid

Banned

Do not want :(

Flower and Journey are meant for the "home theatre experience", anything less would be an injustice.

A new TGC game for Vita would be pretty cool though.

Cornbread78

At the very least, most if not all future PSN games should be on VITA! And Flower would be amazing on the Vita!

We've been saying this for awhile now, there is no reason at all that they haven't been made available as of yet on VITA. How difficult would the porting really be?

sajj316

Flower and Journey are meant for the "home theatre experience", anything less would be an injustice

you sure ..

ibsKHkwtXjXBy7.jpg

Sid

We've been saying this for awhile now, there is no reason at all that they haven't been made available as of yet on VITA. How difficult would the porting really be?
Everyone wants to support it but will do so only if it has a large install base but that won't happen if they don't support it.

daoster

Flower and Journey are meant for the "home theatre experience", anything less would be an injustice.

I can see why you wouldn't want Journey on the Vita, but I think Flower would be a great experience on the Vita...

Everyone wants to support it but will do so only if it has a large install base but that won't happen if they don't support it.

And this is where Sony should step in and encourage these developers through incentives and/or funds to make their PSN games compatible with the Vita as well. Most of these PSN games aren't crazy intensive and should be able to be played on the Vita, no problem. But that would require work from Sony.

Sid

I can see why you wouldn't want Journey on the Vita, but I think Flower would be a great experience on the Vita...

And this is where Sony should step in and encourage these developers through incentives and/or funds to make their PSN games compatible with the Vita as well. Most of these PSN games aren't crazy intensive and should be able to be played on the Vita, no problem. But that would require work from Sony.
I don't think sony cares much anymore just look at their tgs announents.

I don't think sony cares much anymore just look at their tgs announents.

Never understood that opinion. Do people really think Sony don't care? It's not at all realistic that they would release a handheld which no doubt cost millions to create then less a year after its released not care about it anymore - especially when they are in financial trouble.

spannicus

Wrath of Dead Rabbit could have easily been a good Vita title also. Its like you think man this game just makes since on the Vita but, where is it. Okami HD for instance. Nothing really ever makes since when it comes to the Vita, I guess we get what we get. I just hope they dont stop giving us PSN games when they release PSM

MisterC20XX

A new TGC game for Vita would be pretty cool though.

But, but... if I wear a good pair of headphones and hold my Vita really close to my head in a dark room it's almost just like a home theater experience!

Sid

Never understood that opinion. Do people really think Sony don't care? It's not at all realistic that they would release a handheld which no doubt cost millions to create then less a year after its released not care about it anymore - especially when they are in financial trouble.
What first party exclusives do you think will come next year?Vita needs gt and exclusive big budget third party games now.

zroid

Banned
We agree to disagree friend. The length of these games makes it perfect for a handheld game. There incredibly unique and deserve to be on more platforms than just a PS3.

Don't get me wrong, lol -- it's not like I actively don't want it to be on more platforms :p

It's just not an experience I personally want. Certainly not to have for the second time.

The controls would be great, but everything else would be lacklustre.

Most wanted is not delayed! XD

I really wish we had some footage of it running on the Vita though. I have complete faith in Criterion but I just don't want to see it not be everything it can/should be. NFS: Most Wanted on Vita will basically be my major title for this fall/year.

Sid

Oh no I get that - never said they are any good at it. Just do you honestly think they would so easily throw away so much money on purpose?
Nope but seeing how insanely popular mh was on the psp sony should have struck an exclusivity deal with capcom, vita would have sold a lot more then thus gaining more support.At least GE 2 should have been vita exclusive.

Nope but seeing how insanely popular mh was on the psp sony should have struck an exclusiviy deal with capcom, vita would have sold a lot more then thus gaining more support.At least GE 2 should have been vita exclusive.

Now that I agree with! Just because they are bothering doesn't mean they don't fucking suck at it lol

daoster

Oh no I get that - never said they are any good at it. Just do you honestly think they would so easily throw away so much money on purpose?

No of course not.

But it just seems like this:

- Vita is probably costing Sony a lot money and resources.
- In order to sell more Vitas, it will cost Sony even MORE money and resources
- Sony doesn't seem to want to spend more money and resources that are required to turn the Vita's fortune around, and seem to be clinging on to the notion that things will turn around.

Again, Sony is probably thinking in the short term, they don't want to lose more money. But if the Vita fails, then it'll do much more damage to their Playstation brand and gaming division, and ultimately, their bottom line in the long term.

Sid

Now that I agree with! Just because they are bothering doesn't mean they don't fucking suck at it lol
Exactly,heck they even ported hotshots 6 to the ps3 so that even less people would buy a vita for it and it was one of the very few vita exclusives which sold well in japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom