• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah OK - so there's still SOME region locking? As in, I can play the EU cart, but I can't access DLC for the game UNLESS I do so from the EU store? Fair enough.

The thing is that the DLC is made for a specific game version, and you can only get the dlc for that version on that regional store.

On the PS3 this is not a problem since you can have many accounts. ie. buy a EU game, buy the DLC with your EU account but play it on you US account and still get access to all the dlc. On the Vita this would require switching accounts, which is a PITA.

Ah OK - so there's still SOME region locking? As in, I can play the EU cart, but I can't access DLC for the game UNLESS I do so from the EU store? Fair enough.

Correct. Sony changed how you switch accounts with the 1.80 update, I believe. You can no longer switch regions/account without formatting your current memory card or using a new card altogether.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Correct. Sony changed how you switch accounts with the 1.80 update, I believe. You can no longer switch regions/account without formatting your current memory card or using a new card altogether.

The thing is that the DLC is made for a specific game version, and you can only get the dlc for that version on that regional store.

On the PS3 this is not a problem since you can have many accounts. ie. buy a EU game, buy the DLC with your EU account but play it on you US account and still get access to all the dlc. On the Vita this would require switching accounts, which is a PITA.

OK, thank you guys! It's now MUCH clearer what's going on, haha.

As a result, I'm sad that I will have to buy New Little King's Story in digital format. :( I really wanted a hard copy of that one.

spats

Just gritted my teeth and pulled the trigger on a 32GB card.

$80 on Amazon, will be here tomorrow. At least it's not $100!

Welcome to the 32GB card club
of shame

I've started to struggle with free space even on the biggest one, Sony really needs to put out bigger models and sort out the pricing. 64/128GB cards need to happen, and I hope they know they can't charge like 200 dollars for them.

I'm also looking to finally get a 32gb card when I get paid in two weeks but the cheapest I can find is £58 on amazon... Anyone got any better places in the UK?

Edit: also any news on cod vita having a zombies mode? The new trailer for blops2 makes me want some portable zombies goodness!

Chances of a US release?

Also, can someone learn me on the region free gaming of Vita? I want to buy the EU New Little King's Story cart (and wouldn't mind Hatsune Miku), but I don't get how DLC and my memory card would work. D:

No chance for US release unfortunatly, DLC won't work but memorycard is no problem. :)

Sid

If Declassified had co-op zombies, I would buy it.
But you think they would've shown or mentioned that by now.
They said it would have all the classic black ops modes so it should have zombies,i just hope the sp is just as good or better than burning skies and the zombie mode is fun to play.

Book of Memories isn't too shabby really, providing you go in with the right expectations. Graphics are servicable, but look a fair bit better than what screenshots would have you believe, plus more great music from Licht and the RPG-lite side allows for some nice customisation.

Sid

Book of Memories isn't too shabby really, providing you go in with the right expectations. Graphics are servicable, but look a fair bit better than what screenshots would have you believe, plus more great music from Licht and the RPG-lite side allows for some nice customisation.
The demo is up on the EU store?

branny

Soooo, I played through the whole first world in LBPV after succumbing to peer pressure...

The game really is as good as people are making it out to be. I can't believe it. I was so wrong.

The demo should have been the whole first world, though, because it ends right when things start firing on all cylinders IMO.

OmegaZero

Played the silent hill demo. :( Soooooooo bad!

And? What was so bad about it?

Thank you. This paints a better picture for me.

EDIT:
They said it would have all the classic black ops modes so it should have zombies,i just hope the sp is just as good or better than burning skies and the zombie mode is fun to play.

Hope that's true. I'll be keeping an eye out anyway.

Soooo, I played through the whole first world in LBPV after succumbing to peer pressure...

The game really is as good as people are making it out to be. I can't believe it. I was so wrong.

The demo should have been the whole first world, though, because it ends right when things start firing on all cylinders IMO.

No. Stop it. You can't do that.

spannicus

If Declassified doesn't have zombies than I will laugh my ass off at Activision calling it a TRUE CoD experience, its already as fake as it gets. " 6 maps, Hardcore 4x4 Multiplayer over WiFi, 2 Care Packages, Lowered resolution and shitty textures. Everything Resistance was and more down to the death animations. Watch your enemies all fall to the ground strikingly similar as your instrument of death shakes without discharging rounds. CAAAAWWWS OOO DUTEEEEE.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Dantis

So I've been playing Soundshapes on my Vita. First off, I love the Vita D Pad. Secondly, the Superbrothers levels are amaze. I'm on the Deadmau5 levels now and they feel (And sound) really poor in comparison.

I've also picked up Rayman, and have Everybody's Golf coming tomorrow.

Lots of Vita fun.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've been playing Soundshapes on my Vita. First off, I love the Vita D Pad. Secondly, the Superbrothers levels are amaze. I'm on the Deadmau5 levels now and they feel (And sound) really poor in comparison.

I've also picked up Rayman, and have Everybody's Golf coming tomorrow.

Lots of Vita fun.

Just wait until you play Beck's levels. Seriously, best thing ever.

am i gonna be the only one that doesn't get lbp vita jesus branny

No. I think it'd take another Wal-Mart buy 2 get 1 for $40 to get me to buy it and even then, only if it was a 3rd game to fill out the order (like Resistance was in my current order; I would have felt like a giant douche copping a second Gwabbity Wush to sell and fucking someone else out of being able to get a good deal on it...).

OmegaZero

It's terrible and I apologise but if it has online co op zombies ill buy it regardless of how good the other stuff is

If the zombie mode is actually fun, I'll bite. And I had fun with Black Ops DS Zombies, so it'll take something pretty crappy to dissuade me.
Assuming zombies is actually in, that is.

I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to the 32gb. There were times when I had it in my shopping cart (in both retail and online) and I couldn't pull the trigger. Gaddamnit I need moar room though. I don't think I have 1/10th of my possible games (PSone, PSP, and Minis) on my Vita right now.

I'm hoping they will have some good deals on BlackFriday

I read that as vibrators.
I'm sorry

Vitabrators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom