• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would stop pressing it as a "Monster Hunter Killer." That type of hype (Halo Killer) really did Killzone and other games in.

Ditto and I really truly beleive that wasnt Keiji's intention for the game. its the press that is trying to make this connectiong to drum up controversy. I don't even think anyone at Sony has billed this as a MH clone let alone killer.

neoemonk

Is there any game that actually was marketed as a popular franchise killer and lived up to that?

WoW killer...no

Halo killer...no

That's all I can think of right now.

Sid

Is there any game that actually was marketed as a popular franchise killer and lived up to that?

WoW killer...no

Halo killer...no

Wasn't uncharted called the tomb raider clone or killer before it was released?Also god of war was a reaction to dmc's success and is the best selling action game franchise now by a large margin.

Been playing some torchlight 2 and man.. I'm craving a loot driven ARPG on the vita. Warriors lair is seemingly in hell, no way Diablo will ever be on it, how about torchlight? Or a new ip?

zroid

Banned
But real talk, even though CoD wasn't marketed as a Halo killer, it kind of was. At least, it put an end to its dominance.

Well there was a successful GTA killer:
GTA4 LOLOLOLO

RHgIX.gif

FUNNY

EDIT: YOU'RE FUNNY

I wish they would stop pressing it as a "Monster Hunter Killer." That type of hype (Halo Killer) really did Killzone and other games in.
Blegh, you're so right... hopefully this doesn't crash and burn. At least Killzone is still around?

The demo is single player only, but the full game will have multiplayer
From what it sounds like, the demo kind of needed multiplayer...

Ok why didn't you change it earlier?
People said they liked my old one, so I decided to keep it for another few days. :D

beason52

Neo Member
I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to the 32gb. There were times when I had it in my shopping cart (in both retail and online) and I couldn't pull the trigger. Gaddamnit I need moar room though. I don't think I have 1/10th of my possible games (PSone, PSP, and Minis) on my Vita right now.

I'm hoping they will have some good deals on BlackFriday

I just got one for $65 shipped off ebay last week. Don't pay $100 but there are deals out there...I see it on amazon for $70-80. (not sure where you live of course, but regardless no one should be paying full retail)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From what it sounds like, the demo kind of needed multiplayer...
I don't know, i didn't feel the need, maybe because i'm a single player lover.
The game it's not perfect, but it has some intriguing features, i can see me enjoying it, infact i'll buy it even if i already know that i'll be one of the few.

Grinchy

Banned
Kinda weird, but I think my cleaning the screen while it was on and doing a Near update screwed up my touch screen (until I turned it all the way off and back on). I use a microfiber cloth and a little spray of water.

VanWinkle

Did a battery test with my Vita, and the Nyko Power Grip. Played Netflix at medium brightness and medium volume. Got almost exactly five hours with the Vita itself, and then a little over two hours from the Nyko Power Grip. So it's not exactly the "double battery life" it advertised, but it's a nice bump. Should get a little over seven hours Netflix with the Vita in combination with the power grip. Not sure about games, because I didn't know if it went into sleep mode after not touching buttons for a certain amount of time in games or not (I knew it didn't with video).

Sid

I don't know, i didn't feel the need, maybe because i'm a single player lover.
The game it's not perfect, but it has some intriguing features, i can see me enjoying it, infact i'll buy it even if i already know that i'll be one of the few.
You didn't find it repetitive at all?

Foxix Von

Did a battery test with my Vita, and the Nyko Power Grip. Played Netflix at medium brightness and medium volume. Got almost exactly five hours with the Vita itself, and then a little over two hours from the Nyko Power Grip. So it's not exactly the "double battery life" it advertised, but it's a nice bump. Should get a little over seven hours Netflix with the Vita in combination with the power grip. Not sure about games, because I didn't know if it went into sleep mode after not touching buttons for a certain amount of time in games or not (I knew it didn't with video).

yeah I wouldn't say it doubles it but it's a life saver. If I want to crank the brightness and volume up it makes long play sessions totally viable. Kind of a must have IMO like the extra battery for the 3DS.

The only downside is having to remove it to change out carts but the added comfort of the grip and battery life make it a worthy trade off.

zroid

Banned
Thought:

The LBPV intro says "you are the paintbrush" and "the painting is LittleBigPlanet". Shouldn't LittleBigPlanet be the canvas?

I defy you, Mr. Fry

Thought:

The LBPV intro says "you are the paintbrush" and "the painting is LittleBigPlanet". Shouldn't LittleBigPlanet be the canvas?

I defy you, Mr. Fry

the editor is the canvas. the stuff you make with the editor makes the planets which becomes the painting.

MisterC20XX

You can definitely play any game card with any memory card, that's no problem. But if you own an EU copy of the game, you can only buy its DLC from the EU PSN store. So that's not gonna fly, unless you make an EU PSN account (and you'd need a second memory card for that).

So I'm seriously thinking about getting the AC3L bundle and using that Vita for a Japanese account. Question is, how do you add funds? Do you have to buy Yen-based PSN cards?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Lol,why did you change your avy?

I see you've met Heaper, he does that all the time. Expect a new avatar next week!

Meanwhile...

I still do the Daily Tournaments in HSG. In today's adventure, I hit a -9, currently ranked 27th! I missed one god dammed birdie, if I would have hit that, I'd probably be ranked #1 right now. QQ

WoW killer...no

Halo killer...no

I don't know why people think there's a need to replace the game. Or have the equivalent of a certain game on another platform... this type of labeling is really stupid.

I don't recall if Resistance (the first game) was labeled as a Halo Killer, but having no love for Halo, I purchased Resistance solely because I was like "ooh an interesting looking FPS for my new console". And I loved every second of it. I couldn't care less if it was labeled as a Halo Killer or not. Some stupid need in the industry keeps perpetuating it though. :\

I see you've met Heaper, he does that all the time. Expect a new avatar next week!

Meanwhile...

I still do the Daily Tournaments in HSG. In today's adventure, I hit a -9, currently ranked 27th! I missed one god dammed birdie, if I would have hit that, I'd probably be ranked #1 right now. QQ

I gave up on HSG when putting made no sense. :(

zroid

Banned
I don't suppose there's a way to crop the photos you turn into stickers

Carl's avatar has been immortalized in my game :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
For putting, look at the grid that lays over. If it is looking like the waviness is going towards the right, move it to the left and vice versa. Also, pay attention to the top of the screen, it'll tell you how much of an incline or a slope there is. Orange indicates it is an upslope and blue is down. Takes a bit of practice once you get used to it, it can be a bit easy (hitting it closer to the cup helps too:p ), but some of the courses, especially the last two you unlock are a pain in the dick to putt on.

Thought:

I defy you, Mr. Fry

Well, the canvas and the painting are the same thing. LBP is a canvas already painted for you to explore. orsomethinglikethat.

Actually in the context of the game "My Moon" is your canvas.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Load times on Silent Hill are crazy long, the Zone 2 took so long to load my Vita's screen went dim, anyway that aside I enjoyed the demo, lots of stuff to collect and unlock, special missions to gain extras, levelling up weapons, old school maze like level structure which I like, combat is a little dry and repetitive though but that's just one part of the game.

Load times on Silent Hill are crazy long, the Zone 2 took so long to load my Vita's screen went dim, anyway that aside I enjoyed the demo, lots of stuff to collect and unlock, special missions to gain extras, levelling up weapons, old school maze like level structure which I like, combat is a little dry and repetitive though but that's just one part of the game.

I'm looking forward to the game. The Silent Hill Experience comics convinced me that you can be a silent hill resident battling demons and exploring the town.

Its because you spend too much time changing avatars and not enough on the virtual Vita greens :p

VBs I want a decent rhythm game, are there any for PSP via DD? Dont say Miku or the Vita technika, lol :)

Parappa and Um Jammer Lammy. The latter particulary, it's the best "parappa" game released.

Noi

Heaper actually has an avatar I can get behind now.

Also, the temptation for New Little King's Story is big, but I blew all my money on VLR. Why so many games. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom