• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Silent Hill Book of Memories demo is bad, i mean, really really bad, looks like having the Silent Hill name wasn´t bad enough, so they made the game itself awful too...ugh

Takao

Banned
It's pretty sad that I have to run around asking Sony what titles will launch with PlayStation Mobile instead of them, you know, telling the world that.

OmegaZero

It's pretty sad that I have to run around asking Sony what titles will launch with PlayStation Mobile instead of them, you know, telling the world that.

Sad and hilarious.

Ok, Silent Hill Book of Memories demo is bad, i mean, really really bad, looks like having the Silent Hill name wasn´t bad enough, so they made the game itself awful too...ugh

What, the entire thing is bad? No redeeming qualities whatsoever?

EDIT:
Weird game.

All you do is move from room to room, attacking enemies and collecting keys and puzzle pieces.
The keys open more rooms, and if you have collected all the puzzle pieces, you can solve the puzzle that ends the level.

Doesn't sound that bad unless there's nothing else to it. No loot or anything?
Maybe the combat is terrible?

KalBalboa

Banned
Couldn't get into LBP 1 and 2 on the PS3.

Not sure I'd be able to get into the Vita version. Though if it hits $20, I'm game.

It's without a doubt my favorite LBP game, if that helps. I actually have my Vita in my pocket right now at the office in sleep mode mid-level. I've been trying to ace it whenever there's downtime. The touch controls alone make everything feel far more involving.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I know it's been said already, but LBP Vita plays and feels a lot better than 1 and 2. I couldn't stand the first two (floaty platforming was REALLY bad), but Vita edition really refined it and made it feel "right".

DemonNite

Yep Silent Hill is indeed bad.

You go from room to room and just button mash your way thru nurses/dogs etc.. sometimes you get to some challenge/puzzle room which gives you a condition to complete e.g. kill all enemies in 60 secs. This gives you some statue that you need for the big final door on that level which is a puzzle. Completing the level takes you to another zone.. zone 2 for example where you do the whole sequence again.

There are no redeeming qualities in this game at all. The screenshots did look worse than it does on the vita screen however. But the mindless combat in this game is so bad even for a hack n slash.

Demo deleted. :(

Takao

Banned
Haha, it seems that anecdote about Destructoid liking bad things, and hating good ones rings true. A shame though, I had hoped Wayforward could've got things together with Book of Memories.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone looking to make a quick buck/grab cheap games should check their local craigslist.

Grabbed a bundle for 170 that included a 3g vita/4 games/16 gb memory card and almost doubled my money with little work selling on amazon.

Have done this like three times so far.

So who do we need to kidnap and have beaten to get PSN prices on parity with MSRP retail prices?

I'm willing to kick in a few bucks to hire some guys to do it.

Why get me to buy a 32 gb card for a reasonable/slightly crazy price and get me to buy digital games on sales when they can sell me a 8gb card and then I rent 99% of what I play? Pshhhh Sony doesn't need my money it's not like they are broke as fuck right now.

sajj316

More PSP on Vita screens .. Prinny

ibao75c4ovvEt0.jpg

ibv9Gb2gqpwehf.jpg

OmegaZero

You go from room to room and just button mash your way thru nurses/dogs etc.. sometimes you get to some challenge/puzzle room which gives you a condition to complete e.g. kill all enemies in 60 secs. This gives you some statue that you need for the big final door on that level which is a puzzle. Completing the level takes you to another zone.. zone 2 for example where you do the whole sequence again.

There are no redeeming qualities in this game at all. The screenshots did look worse than it does on the vita screen however. But the mindless combat in this game is so bad even for a hack n slash.

Well, fuck. :(
At least my wallet will die less this holiday.

Maybe I'll wait to see what reviews and GAF impressions say before I write this off completely.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Gutted to hear about Silent Hill being bad, was looking forward to playing that when I got home :-(, I will still give it a bash though, looking forward to playing Stardust psp with dual sticks, looked fantastic on my old psp but just couldn't gel with the controls.

Vitacat

No surprises there. Everything about it had shit written all over.

One less game to spend money on.

Kazerei

Banned
Welp ... thanks guys for saving me the trouble of downloading the Silent Hill demo. It's too bad because some of WayForward's other games are great.

Foshy

So I've been playing Soundshapes on my Vita. First off, I love the Vita D Pad. Secondly, the Superbrothers levels are amaze. I'm on the Deadmau5 levels now and they feel (And sound) really poor in comparison.

I've also picked up Rayman, and have Everybody's Golf coming tomorrow.

Lots of Vita fun.
The deadmau5 levels were my favorite ones together with Beck's :[ I guess they're not for everyone though.

Also, I've just beaten the LBP story mode. Boy, those credits were LONG. Amazing game though.

Takao

Banned
MarvelousAQL is kind of everywhere on Vita. They developed New Little King's Story, and are behind Soul Sacrifice. Aside from that they have Assault Gunners, Browser Sukoshi NEXT (though that's been MIA for a while), Big Boob Ninja Versus, Valhalla Knights 3, and Muramasa.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't understand all the hate for silent hill, i enjoied the demo, it's not a true silent hill and it's not a true dungeon crawler, it's a sort of experiment.
It has some problems like the graphics and the stupid puzzles, but there are some intersting things like rooms with strange events, the karma etc.

The problem is the official site has quests listed as DLC as well, with several quests already available. Aside from that, there will be items and costumes. The costumes are available for both citizens and princesses and they actually do have stat bonuses.

cyborg009

Banned
MarvelousAQL is kind of everywhere on Vita. They developed New Little King's Story, and are behind Soul Sacrifice. Aside from that they have Assault Gunners, Browser Sukoshi NEXT (though that's been MIA for a while), Big Boob Ninja Versus, Valhalla Knights 3, and Muramasa.

compare to Square Enix they have been quite for a while now. They had a unity game for PSV and PS3 in development for a while.

Funny too since they kinda supported the PSP so well in all regions.

Sid

They may just be the japanese nihilistic,only better.

I don't understand all the hate for silent hill, i enjoied the demo, it's not a true silent hill and it's not a true dungeon crawler, it's a sort of experiment.
It has some problems like the graphics and the stupid puzzles, but there are some intersting things like rooms with strange events, the karma etc.

Sounds like it's meant to be played with others too... does the demo even allow that?

Carl

Wish there was a demo for Little King. Tempted but i still dont really know what it is after reading thw OT. £35 is a lot to spend on something i'm not sure i will like.

Might just wait and see if SCEE does a sale on it at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom