• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
rh5E0.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/27021771.html

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had a good streak going in Treasure Park yesterday...Buuuut I broke it when I was thinking with my finger. :| I was a bit too close to the screen as I was mapping out potential bomb locations. I didn't uncover a bomb, but I did uncover a blank space. Normally, I'd be cool with this (as it would lead me towards the gem), but I didn't NEED to waste that turn locating the general location. As a result, it came down to a 33% guess (1 move left, gem could have been in one of 3 locations that simply could NOT be deduced by any logic).

Give me more treasure park puzzles to solve!

Also, that US PSN deal going on next month?? I just gotta buy $100 in stuff to get $20 back? If so, my Vita will love me in October. :)

Sid

Not following since I'm locked out due to work on gaming sites. What's the summary?
Google translate is BS but i think the gist of it is tecmo is in bed with sony for ps vita and are developing a new musou title and talks about that new action game which was announced at tgs i think?

sajj316

Google translate is BS but i think the gist of it is tecmo is in bed with sony for ps vita and are developing a new musou title and talks about that new action game which was announced at tgs i think?

Hope true. I would love to have DOA5 on my OLED :)

Synless

I finally got through Gravity Rush. I bought the game on launch and had a hard time going through it. The game was hit or miss for me. A lot of interesting concepts that I don't think we're fully realized, especially in the gameplay department. A pretty solid game overall. I just downloaded the LBP demo, I'm hoping like it better than the console versions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Done.

SOLVE MY MAZE

Thanks - I'll give my thoughts over lunch!

I finally got through Gravity Rush. I bought the game on launch and had a hard time going through it. The game was hit or miss for me. A lot of interesting concepts that I don't think we're fully realized, especially in the gameplay department. A pretty solid game overall. I just downloaded the LBP demo, I'm hoping like it better than the console versions.

I'm not struggling per se, but the controls are a BIT frustrating for me and making it less desirable than I would have liked. I've decided to not even bother with getting anything beyond bronze on the challenges (as I don't want to fight controls), so that should help keep the game exciting. :)

Synless

Thanks - I'll give my thoughts over lunch!

I'm not struggling per se, but the controls are a BIT frustrating for me and making it less desirable than I would have liked. I've decided to not even bother with getting anything beyond bronze on the challenges (as I don't want to fight controls), so that should help keep the game exciting. :)
Gravity kick is horrible, I almost threw my vita at a wall several times because of it.

I'm holding off buying any Vita games in the store at the moment, hanging out till November to see what the PS+ brings along. Wouldn't mind seeing them do a blanket discount on all games, but I know that it's very unlikely :(

Takao

Banned
What game is that?

Smart As

A new series in the dynasty warrios thingie to launch on Vita?
And because Vita is dead, they'll bury themselves?

They're talking about Toukiden. If all SCEJ can get out of Japanese studios is PSP/Vita games (and even then, it's still not all cool PSP games getting a Vita sku) then yeah. SCE used to be pals with Konami, Scamco and Square Enix. Now they're pals with Tecmo Koei (who sleeps with everybody), and MarvelousAQL. SCE couldn't even get a DoA title, original non-waifu Gust games, One Piece/FotNS/Gundam Muso port or a sequel to DW Next from Tecmo.

Cornbread78

Gravity kick is horrible, I almost threw my vita at a wall several times because of it.

I'm with you here, too many time you have the enemy "locked in" then you are goin way past the enemy into nowhere.... makes the times missions almost impossible at times, oh and don;t even flinch when in motion, you'll really send Kat on a ride...

I'm with you here, too many time you have the enemy "locked in" then you are goin way past the enemy into nowhere.... makes the times missions almost impossible at times, oh and don;t even flinch when in motion, you'll really send Kat on a ride...

Timed missions? Laaaaame.

Looks like I'll be waiting for an extreme price drop on GR.

Tiamant

I bought New Little King's Story and I'm certainly having a good time with it. While de 2d pictures suck ass with that animu style, the 3d characters are still charming, the music is great (the same? Idk) and it seems like a long game just by checking the map (very similar to the zelda lltp one)

Recomended buy!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why didn't he just outright say there will be no mh vita? http://www.gamezone.com/news/will_monster_hunter_4_land_on_vita noone was going to buy the vita hoping it lands on it anyway.

I really really wish we forget about this series and learn how to live with Vita without thinking about it. (this has nothing to do with my opinion on MH as games...really)

Thing is main line MH is locked for Nintendo systems for years and years to come,Nintendo work with deals that involve huge amount of money,it's their business style and strategy for a long time now,just see how they announce their third party "exclusives" when companies top producers,CEO and executives( like from SE or Capcom and other) show in person on their press conferences and take photos shaking hands and all that crap,they give marketing money to these games and all that too.

Vitacat

I bought New Little King's Story and I'm certainly having a good time with it. While de 2d pictures suck ass with that animu style, the 3d characters are still charming, the music is great (the same? Idk) and it seems like a long game just by checking the map (very similar to the zelda lltp one)

Recomended buy!

I've watched some video of this game, but still don't completely get what you're supposed to do. It's basically an action RPG of sorts, right? Honestly it just doesn't impress me much -- seems like some of the old PS1 RPG's look better. Am I wrong to think that?

Koroviev

Recomended buy!

You don't like portrait art? So many PSP games used it. I think it looks great.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've watched some video of this game, but still don't completely get what you're supposed to do. It's basically an action RPG of sorts, right? Honestly it just doesn't impress me much -- seems like some of the old PS1 RPG's look better. Am I wrong to think that?

If it's still like the Wii game,then it's more of RTS/Sims hybrid,build Your Kingdom,hire farmer/soldier,conquer other kingdoms,make your people happy,kidnap a princess and force her to be your queen..ects

If it's still like the Wii game,then it's more of RTS/Sims hybrid,build Your Kingdom,hire farmer/soldier,conquer other kingdoms,make your people happy,kidnap a princess and force her to be your queens..ects

That's sounds kinda... Awesome. Ill have to check reviews and videos for it. Pity there isn't a demo :(

Edit: with this news - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=493324

"Furthermore, nowadays there are various ways to access the game world - you're not just playing in your living room on your games console," Kojima continued. "You may also access through your cell phone and other devices and still access that same game. I think in that respect that motherbase system lends itself very well to that system, and that's something we're planning on for Ground Zeroes."

Do you think there's any chance if metal gear on the vita?

Tiamant

You don't like portrait art? So many PSP games used it. I think it looks great.

I very much prefer this:

00af92906d39909e2a422d5831d766de.jpg

To this:

new_little_kings_story_king_corobo.JPG

But as I said the 3d models are charming and don't have the same style as the 2d portraits so in the end everything's right.

I don't know how it's in english but the translation to spanish is hilarious, it makes me laugh quite a lot (I remember de Wii version getting a lot of hate because of this)

Also I'm seeing the game has got a bunch of good reviews (+8) so here's hope it sells decently.

mauaus

I very much prefer this:

00af92906d39909e2a422d5831d766de.jpg

To this:

new_little_kings_story_king_corobo.JPG

But as I said the 3d models are charming and don't have the same style as the 2d portraits so in the end everything's right.

I don't know how it's in english but the translation to spanish is hilarious, it makes me laugh quite a lot (I remember de Wii version getting a lot of hate because of this)

Also I'm seeing the game has got a bunch of good reviews (+8) so here's hope it sells decently.
i wish i could see a video of the framerate issues, ill probably end up getting it either way

Sid

I really really wish we forget about this series and learn how to live with Vita without thinking about it. (this has nothing to do with my opinion on MH as games...really)

Thing is main line MH is locked for Nintendo systems for years and years to come,Nintendo work with deals that involve huge amount of money,it's their business style and strategy for a long time now,just see how they announce their third party "exclusives" when companies top producers,CEO and executives( like from SE or Capcom and other) show in person on their press conferences and take photos shaking hands and all that crap,they give marketing money to these games and all that too.
Yeah the thing is i don't care for mh but vita support is suffering due to the lack of it.

The old LKS art, if that's official, makes me want to grab a melon baller and scoop my eyes out... I'd say the new art, while not in a style I prefer, is a vast improvement. To each their own though. :)

I"m surprised they didn't include like a "classic" option to use the assets from the original release. Seems like it would be easy to do and a nice bonus for people who might not prefer the new art direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom