• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure online is confirmed for soul sacrifice, no idea about god eater though

Soul Sacrifice is looking pretty damn good. A must buy for me at the moment.

Tomb Raider Anniversary was fine on PSP when I played it back when it was released. That might've been the only Tomb Raider game I've beaten lol

Might have to check it out at somepoint. I loved tomb raider 1 when it came out. I hated 2 onwards for some reason (been a long time but I think it had something to do with fighting a lot of people which was crap because of auto aim). I like legend and then got anniversary on my PC and liked it a lot but never finished it due to other games and time restraints. Then I rented underworld and hated that lol.

So seeing as anniversary is one of the few ones I actually liked its a tempting buy for me.

So after looking at the vids of God Eater 2 I decided to re download Gods Eater Burst as I havnt played it for months. Yup I def think its way more fun than monster hunter. I can totally see why people might prefer monster hunter but GEB is just so much faster and more fluid and more my kinda thing. Im sorta getting back into it now and already put another 3 hours into it. Its got a surprising amount of depth and customisability to it for what it is. I wish the environments and monsters were a little more varied but hopefully the sequel will have that.

I put about 20 hours into monster hunter as well a while back after playing GEB the first time and I did like it but the combat just felt way to clunky for my tastes. I would prob love it mulitplayer but that just isn't an option as the only person I know with a Vita is my brother and he lives 40 mins drive away and doesn't own the game.

Please add internet play to GE2 and Soul Sacrifice..... That would be rather amazing for me. I think the fact that with GEB at least you have a team of AI with helps as well.

It's weird, I really want GEB, but after watching some vids I'm feeling very appreciative that MHFU lacks a story, which honestly looks terrible in GEB. GE2 is absolutely Day 0, but I don't feel drawn to the series enough to go through the first in the meantime. I also hope GE2 improves a lot in that department.

Eh, I may cave in a month or so, I always do.

sajj316

Utter disappointment, EA should be fucking ashamed.
All that money and dev resources and they can't even be arsed updating the Vita version, very worrying,

I'm doing my best to bring as much negativity as I can via twitter @sajj316. Others are as well to the handle @EASPORTSFIFA and @EA.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's weird, I really want GEB, but after watching some vids I'm feeling very appreciative that MHFU lacks a story, which honestly looks terrible in GEB. GE2 is absolutely Day 0, but I don't feel drawn to the series enough to go through the first in the meantime. I also hope GE2 improves a lot in that department.

The story is one of the best things in geb imo.

As a follow up to the UK blockbuster sale I popped in my local store and took a look around -

Vita sale blockbuster
Modnation racers £10
FIFA football £20
Lego Batman 2 £15
Resistance £20
Little deviants £5
Ridge racer £10
Lumines £13
Reality fighters £5
Mortal kombat £20
Uncharted £25
Rayman £10
Wipeout £13
F1 2011 £15
Umvc3 £15
Everybodys Golf £5
Dungeon hunter £15

Some pretty good deals there, it's very dependant on local stock though - I didn't see any gravity rush for instance.

Edit: should point out these are only preowned as far as I know.

I guess it's a promo voucher? Is there a PEGI sign on it or only BBFC? If it's a PEGI sign, it can also be downloaded in other EU PSN stores. :)

Yes promo voucher, there's a PEGI 12 sign on it. Hmm actually now that you mention that, I wanted to try the code to see if it works at all and I used my UK account, I could've downloaded it, then I tried on my Swiss account and got a message "the code is for another region or something like that". Could it be, that I already activated the code by accident on my UK account??

Edit: It doesn't show up on my Transactions or Download list, so it shouldn't be activated, right?

GJS

Yes promo voucher, there's a PEGI 12 sign on it. Hmm actually now that you mention that, I wanted to try the code to see if it works at all and I used my UK account, I could've downloaded it, then I tried on my Swiss account and got a message "the code is for another region or something like that". Could it be, that I already activated the code by accident on my UK account??
Do you know if it is in your UK account psn history?

Marv_79

Neo Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Does anyone know if God Eater Burst works on the vita? if so does it have online co-op?

If not are there any PSP games similar that have online co-op that would work on the vita?

The wait for Ragnarok Odyssey to come to the UK/US is killing me I need something to take my mind off it.

TIA

Well from what I have played its just a typical quirky strange Japanesey story. Its not really what the games about though. However I much prefer have this odd story that the nothing that is in the MU games.

If you like the sound of a MU game without the gathering and the complexities of temperatures and stuff, faster more arcadey and less clunky combat and an overall faster game then I suggest you give it a try. Its pretty cheap (at least in the UK £6.99 I think)

The story is one of the best things in geb imo.

Not sure if thats a slight at the game or not lol

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Does anyone know if God Eater Burst works on the vita? if so does it have online co-op?

If not are there any PSP games similar that have online co-op that would work on the vita?

The wait for Ragnarok Odyssey to come to the UK/US is killing me I need something to take my mind off it.

TIA

Yes it works... no online co op (but you get 3 AI team mates). Just adhoc as far as i know. I think all these games on PSP are like that. Phantasy star portable has online but that isnt available, which sucks as I would buy that in a heart beat.

So apparently little kings story has some issues with text size, namely it being far too small. Similar to the issues with banjo kazooie on sd televisions :(

Edit: people say its fine so don't be out off by this

Marv_79

Neo Member
Yes it works... no online co op (but you get 3 AI team mates). Just adhoc as far as i know. I think all these games on PSP are like that. Phantasy star portable has online but that isnt available, which sucks as I would buy that in a heart beat.

Ah right, thank you.

Skyzard

Banned
So apparently little kings story has some issues with text size, namely it being far too small. Similar to the issues with banjo kazooie on sd televisions :(

Not so sure...looks pretty clear to me, although yes small. The blurring is just the focus.

PVbNJ.jpg

... :p

Skyzard

Banned
I am speaking solely from second hand experience here so I hope you are correct :)

It sounds like they chose a small font and someone disliked it and exaggerated...also speaking just from videos - so not entirely sure...but don't see why it would be any different - screenshot looks good to me :)

It sounds like they chose a small font and some one exaggerated...also speaking just from videos - so not entirely sure...but don't see why it would be any different.

Fair enough :) I've been watching some videos of it and considering buying it. Again though - I Really wish it had a demo

Skyzard

Banned
Fair enough :) I've been watching some videos of it and considering buying it. Again though - I Really wish it had a demo

Might get a few more videos now that it is releasing (or maybe released..) in the UK?

I base most of my purchases on youtube vids anyway, but yeah definitely demos do help....not on the Japanese store either?
/
The game looks decent but for me it is taking a back seat while I save up for some of the other titles coming out in October..

Might get a few more videos now that it is releasing (or maybe released..) in the UK?

I base most of my purchases on youtube vids anyway, but yeah definitely demos do help....not on the Japanese store either?
/
The game looks decent but for me it is taking a back seat while I save up for some of the other titles coming out in October..

Ya that's a good point, I need to save for te deluge of games on all landforms in the months ahead, ill probably pick it up after Xmas

Is there anything out there that shows how long the Vita lasts while playing psp games? Just say the Amazon GC deal and I have $260 in amazon GC credit. I am thinking about dipping.

Is there anything out there that shows how long the Vita lasts while playing psp games? Just say the Amazon GC deal and I have $260 in amazon GC credit. I am thinking about dipping.

I think it depends a little which game but I've had my vita last well over 20 hours while playing p3p and having it on standby at night

Edit: that's lowest brightness and no other stuff turned on btw

kiyomi

Do it.

Doooo itt.

Dooooooo iiiiiiitt.

Lasts forever on standby. Actual usage, the battery seems a little bit mixed for me, but then I haven't sat down with it and done just one activity for several hours, my time with the Vita is divided between games, PSP game, PS1 games and YouTube, I'd probably say I get 4-5 hours out of it using it like that.

i get 3.5 - 5 for vita games and about 8 on psp games. its really good. stand by lasts freaking ages as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Soooo...When will 32 gig cards go on sale? I don't want to go digital, but I WOULD like to be able to store more PSN titles on my card. And with the sale in October coming up, I'll NEED to buy some more stuff. :| I only have an 8 gig card, though.

Vitacat

Soooo...When will 32 gig cards go on sale? I don't want to go digital, but I WOULD like to be able to store more PSN titles on my card. And with the sale in October coming up, I'll NEED to buy some more stuff. :| I only have an 8 gig card, though.

Got mine for $72 on Amazon. Keep an eye out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got mine for $72 on Amazon. Keep an eye out.

Will do, thanks!

In other news, a Vita is on CL near me on the cheap. Wifi + 8 gig card + Uncharted + Unit 13 for $250. Probably would go a little cheaper in order to get it off his hands. I suggest ANYONE who is interested in a Vita to hunt CL first. :p

As a follow up to the UK blockbuster sale I popped in my local store and took a look around -

Vita sale blockbuster
Modnation racers £10
FIFA football £20
Lego Batman 2 £15
Resistance £20
Little deviants £5
Ridge racer £10
Lumines £13
Reality fighters £5
Mortal kombat £20
Uncharted £25
Rayman £10
Wipeout £13
F1 2011 £15
Umvc3 £15
Everybodys Golf £5
Dungeon hunter £15

Some pretty good deals there, it's very dependant on local stock though - I didn't see any gravity rush for instance.

Edit: should point out these are only preowned as far as I know.

I believe that they are new, mine certainly was. The guy when I bought mine took it from the new section as he had to ask a team member where the new ones were kept. Still some good prices there. Wipeout is well worth the £13 and EG should be in everyones collection at that price too.

I believe that they are new, mine certainly was. The guy when I bought mine took it from the new section as he had to ask a team member where the new ones were kept. Still some good prices there. Wipeout is well worth the £13 and EG should be in everyones collection at that price too.

That's even better then! Also grats on membership!

codhand

As someone who has never played a Silent Hill, but sank 20 hours into Hunter the Reckoning, is Book of Memories really that bad?

Utter disappointment, EA should be fucking ashamed.
All that money and dev resources and they can't even be arsed updating the Vita version, very worrying,

I'm no EA defense force, but the last FIFA vita game came out in february. How much did people expect it to change with that short of a dev time?

I rented it, it plays better than the february version, but yeah - it's not much different. Not worth the $40 if having up to date squads isn't a huge priority. But considering they developed the game for about 45 minutes it's pretty decent. They even added online leagues.

mauaus

wow, its gonna be really easy for me to jump into the spend 100 get 20 back on psn in october...

New Little King's Story
Ragnarok Odyssey
Assassin's Creed III:Liberation
Dokuro

Sid

pretty awesome of EA having 2 versions of fifa on the vita store - '12 and '13, with both being the same price

when you release a new version of a game, aren't you supposed to drop the price of the old one? i realize that its only a roster update between the 2, but who the hell would buy '12 when '13 was available if they didnt know any better

oh EA...... i was hoping to pick up '12 at a discounted price since there is basically no difference between the 2

pretty awesome of EA having 2 versions of fifa on the vita store - '12 and '13, with both being the same price

when you release a new version of a game, aren't you supposed to drop the price of the old one? i realize that its only a roster update between the 2, but who the hell would buy '12 when '13 was available if they didnt know any better

oh EA...... i was hoping to pick up '12 at a discounted price since there is basically no difference between the 2

Buy it physical it will of plummeted in price now ;)

Edit: that post below me is brilliant. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom