• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

pretty awesome of EA having 2 versions of fifa on the vita store - '12 and '13, with both being the same price

when you release a new version of a game, aren't you supposed to drop the price of the old one? i realize that its only a roster update between the 2, but who the hell would buy '12 when '13 was available if they didnt know any better

oh EA...... i was hoping to pick up '12 at a discounted price since there is basically no difference between the 2
No retail discounts in your area?

LBP Vita accessory kit is arriving in stores now....

Not my photo

lbpvita_kit_21.jpg

Im really curious about it. Do I need to play and finish 999 though to get Zero Escape?
According to the Virtue's Last Reward thread here on GAF, there are spoilers and surprises re: 9 Persons 9 Hours 9 Doors in the game. So though VLR is stand-alone, you'll get even more out of it if you've played 999 previously...

...and as someone who has just recently played through 999, I can say that you need to play this game! It's awesome!!

LBP Vita accessory kit is arriving in stores now....

Not my photo
ooh... I wants it for the softie case!

pretty awesome of EA having 2 versions of fifa on the vita store - '12 and '13, with both being the same price

when you release a new version of a game, aren't you supposed to drop the price of the old one? i realize that its only a roster update between the 2, but who the hell would buy '12 when '13 was available if they didnt know any better

oh EA...... i was hoping to pick up '12 at a discounted price since there is basically no difference between the 2

They're cheap in the 2nd hand market. But PSN prices are atrocious.

is the pouch like the one from Sony?

It's more like a soft-hard shell zipper case.

Edit

Maybe they are just trying to milk the games like they always do and a year from now there will be a updated Vita version to resell to people for both games. BELIEVE!

BearChair

Are there any good RPGs coming for the Vita, other than Persona 4.

I've played the SMT games on the DS and enjoyed them and really like the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4. I was in college and abroad during the PS2 heyday and never bought one, so I've never actually been able to play the game.

It seems really silly though to pay $300 for a handheld and a game if nothing else is coming. I play rpgs almost exclusively now.

What is the argument for buying a Vita? I already have an iPad.

I've played the SMT games on the DS and enjoyed them and really like the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4. I was in college and abroad during the PS2 heyday and never bought one, so I've never actually been able to play the game.

It seems really silly though to pay $300 for a handheld and a game if nothing else is coming. I play rpgs almost exclusively now.

Off the top of my head - god eater, soul sacrifice, persona 3 psp, all the other psp titles, ps1 rpgs, little kings story, piccoto knights, rainbow moon, ragnarok, pso2, disgea and probably a load of others I've forgotten!

Little King's Story has light RPG elements, we also have Ragnorak Odyssey which is more Action RPG with online co op as well. Really we are at the mercy of some of the Japanese games being localized. Really hoping Ys Celceta comes over.

Oh and Rainbow Moon was just announced to be ported over, it's a $15 SRPG. Also if you didn't own a PSP there is a lot of RPGs there to catch up on.

Did you have a PSP ever? If not there are tons of RPG's for you. They look and play a lot better as well because of the screen and extra analogue that can have other controls assigned to it.

Personally i have

Persona 3 portable (PSP)
Tactics Ogre (PSP)
Ys Seven (PSP)
Alundra (PS One classic)
Vagrent story (PS One classic)
Disgaea 2 (PSP)
trails in the sky (PSP)

There are tons more I dont own as well.

also, but not really rpg's really -
Monster hunter
and god eater burst

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I have an iPad and an iPhone, so I get your comment...Portable gaming is very different on the Vita vs the iOS, though.

The suggestions above me are selling points for the RPG genre, and the PS1 classics/PSP titles have a number of RPGs worth playing. But as someone who plays a LOT of iOS stuff, the Vita has been such a refreshing device. It's incredibly powerful, looks gorgeous, feels great, and has a much larger library than people give it credit for.

Pro-tip...Get a Vita on CL and save yourself some coin if that's your concern. :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

2050%252520-%252520anime%252520facepalm%252520mspaint%252527d%255B1%255D.jpg

Take a vita and you'll understand why.
(lol at the facepalm)

Carl

Can't believe Playstation Mobile is out next week and we still don't have a full list of launch games.

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Hungry Giraffe (Laughing Jackal)
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box
Underline (Albino Pixel)
Positron

Games coming "soon" (could be launch, i have no idea).

Rebel (PomPom Games)
Rockoboshers (Tikipod)
Word Blocked (Quircat)
Flick Hockey
Frederic - Resurrection of Music
Panic
Passing Time
Samurai Beatdown
Tipper
Alien Breed
Lemmings
Chimpact
Zoo Zoo Go!
In Vivo
Pro Zombie Soccer: Apocalypse Edition
Cubixx

Japanese launch lineup

- Qruton (Numblast in the US)
- Minna no Mini Game (Hot Shots Shorties in the US)
- Frederic: Resurrection of Music
- Wipe!
- Magic Arrows
- NanPlay 1000
- Eufloria
- Leg Massage
- NyoQix
- Twist Pilot
- Tricicle Trails
- Merican Mail
- Bear Contest (?)

List pieced together from twitter and with help from Kassatu.

Can't believe Playstation Mobile is out next week and we still don't have a full list of launch games.

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box

Rebel (PomPom Games)
Rockoboshers (Tikipod)
Word Blocked (Quircat)
Underline (Albino Pixel)

List pieced together from twitter.

Ooo eufloria and super crate box? Day 1 bro.

Also I just realised that worms should be on the vita. 2D high res sprites would look gorgeous and it'd work well as pass and play, ad hoc, and online!

Carl

Ooo eufloria and super crate box? Day 1 bro.

Also I just realised that worms should be on the vita. 2D high res sprites would look gorgeous and it'd work well as pass and play, ad hoc, and online!

Yeah looks like a pretty decent list so far, and seems to have a fair bit of support. Just wish they would tell us the full lineup

KalBalboa

Banned

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box

I've heard great things about some of these. They really should have some more details about PSM "platform" being pushed.

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box

Rebel (PomPom Games)
Rockoboshers (Tikipod)
Word Blocked (Quircat)
Underline (Albino Pixel)

These will all have trophies right?

Carl

I've heard great things about some of these. They really should have some more details about PSM "platform" being pushed.

Indeed. Like i said, it's out next week and there's a fair bit of stuff we still don't know. They need to push it if they want people to actually know it exists. Even moreso if they want mobile phone users to actually use it.

These will all have trophies right?

Not initially at least, though there is talk about possibly adding trophies into the SDK into the future. What Sony need to do is get trophies in there and get mobile phone gamers earning trophies, so they feel "attached" to PSN and more likely to buy a Vita/PS3/PS4/whatever

Massa

Yeah looks like a pretty decent list so far, and seems to have a fair bit of support. Just wish they would tell us the full lineup

They're probably preparing a blog post about it. Those community managers need to find something to do while @yosp does their job for them.

Not initially at least, though there is talk about possibly adding trophies into the SDK into the future. What Sony need to do is get trophies in there and get mobile phone gamers earning trophies, so they feel "attached" to PSN and more likely to buy a Vita/PS3/PS4/whatever

I seem to remember then saying they didn't want to 'devalue' trophies since developers could make games where the trophies are easy to hack or Cheat your way to getting

Indeed. Like i said, it's out next week and there's a fair bit of stuff we still don't know. They need to push it if they want people to actually know it exists. Even moreso if they want mobile phone users to actually use it.

I thought that was a bullet point of PSM? They have to cut it out for the time being or was it never intended?

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box

Rebel (PomPom Games)
Rockoboshers (Tikipod)
Word Blocked (Quircat)
Underline (Albino Pixel)

Exciting, want to see more smartphone games on Vita.

AwRy108

Asked this question before and got completely ignored, so I thought I'd try once more: what's everyone using to store the physical versions of their games at this point?

I've almost filled up two of the official SONY plastic game cases, and I really don't want to buy another because it's starting to seem silly. I see that the PDP Pull n' Go Folio has places to store a decent amount of games, but it seems like they would be prone to fall out, which is a concern considering how much they cost a piece. Plus, I already have a case for the Vita itself that I'm happy with.

Anyone have any ideas or makeshift "folio" style cases for their games? I prefer buying physical copies whenever it's an option, so please no snarky responses about buying a bigger memory stick (I already have the 32GB, anyways).

Carl

They're probably preparing a blog post about it. Those community managers need to find something to do while @yosp does their job for them.

Yeah probably something like that. It's insane especially when @shahidKamal on twitter is tweeting about what games are launching on PSM - so obviously the lineup is all finalised.

I seem to remember then saying they didn't want to 'devalue' trophies since developers could make games where the trophies are easy to hack or Cheat your way to getting

Not heard that one. Makes sense i suppose, but even so.

I thought that was a bullet point of PSM? They have to cut it out for the time being or was it never intended?

As far as i know it was never promised for launch.

Asked this question before and got completely ignored, so I thought I'd try once more: what's everyone using to store the physical versions of their games at this point?

I've almost filled up two of the official SONY plastic game cases, and I really don't want to buy another because it's starting to seem silly. I see that the PDP Pull n' Go Folio has places to store a decent amount of games, but it seems like they would be prone to fall out, which is a concern considering how much they cost a piece. Plus, I already have a case for the Vita itself that I'm happy with.

Anyone have any ideas or makeshift "folio" style cases for their games? I prefer buying physical copies whenever it's an option, so please no snarky responses about buying a bigger memory stick (I already have the 32GB, anyways).

Seems like your best bet is going to be upgrading to one of the Hori cases that holds 12 games. Not seeing anything that holds more.

Carl

Asked @ShahidKamal on twitter and he said we'll know the full PSM launch lineup on Wednesday, so either he's not in the know about this sort of thing or Sony just aren't going to bother to tell us what the launch lineup is.

Off to a good start on that one, Sony.

Asked @ShahidKamal on twitter and he said we'll know the full PSM launch lineup on Wednesday, so either he's not in the know about this sort of thing or Sony just aren't going to bother to tell us what the launch lineup is.

Doesn't this launch next week. So much for the fanfare. How hard is it to put together a Blog Post?

Sony being Sony lol.

Carl

Doesn't this launch next week. So much for the fanfare. How hard is it to put together a Blog Post?

Yeah, launches in 11 countries (i think?) across Vita and mobile phones, next wednesday. And at this point they're still pretending it doesn't exist.

As i said, they're going to have to buck their ideas up if they want mobile phone users to know it exists and actually use it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I was like, "oh ok, wednesday, good"
Wait a minute, that's the start of PSM anyway!

lol wat
It definitely is silly if you only care about hardcore RPGs.
Though I'm not sure how the iPad fits into this.

Foshy

Yeah, launches in 11 countries (i think?) across Vita and mobile phones, next wednesday. And at this point they're still pretending it doesn't exist.

As i said, they're going to have to buck their ideas up if they want mobile phone users to know it exists and actually use it.

Has anyone got the full list of those 11 countries? I hope Switzerland is a part of it.

And I hope we will get the YouTube app some day.

Carl

it's nice to see sce be so serious about playstation mobile

"WHAT'S A PLAYSTATION MOBILE?"

Has anyone got the full list of those 11 countries? I hope Switzerland is a part of it.

And I hope we will get the YouTube app some day.

Apologies it's actually 9 countries. Japan, the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom