• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt even mentioned on the blogcast this week.

--

In other news we will have a load of PSM dev Q/As on my site next week

What site is that may I ask?

But yes, the entire way they have handled PSM is even more of a clusterfuck than how they are handling vita. It's a very cool idea and its a pity it's not getting the spotlight it deserves

Carl

Got a reply from Shane Bettenhausen

I'm hoping to be able to share it soon... "around 30 titles" is spot-on, and I'm loving many of them.

They all just seem to avoid the question, really. Sigh. I should hope he is able to share it soon, the bloody thing launches in 5 days.

Carl

Wow... So the two people who should be doing the most to get this sort of info out there...

Edit: great website too, hasn't heard of it before but is now bookmarked!

Yeah you'd think it would be their job to do this sort of thing, right? Really crazy.

PSNStores is great. Kass does a lot of awesome stuff. V_Ben and a couple of others on GAF write there as well.

Sid

Did anyone else see the trailer for Modern Combat 4?looks amazing! Even better looking than what was shown of killzone mercenary.

Shinriji

Can't believe Playstation Mobile is out next week and we still don't have a full list of launch games.

Partial list

Eufloria
Beat Slider (FuturLab)
Twist Pilot
Tractor Trails
Hungry Giraffe (Laughing Jackal)
Aqua Kitty (TikiPod)
Super Crate Box
Underline (Albino Pixel)
Positron

Games coming "soon" (could be launch, i have no idea).

Rebel (PomPom Games)
Rockoboshers (Tikipod)
Word Blocked (Quircat)
Flick Hockey
Frederic - Resurrection of Music
Panic
Passing Time
Samurai Beatdown
Tipper

List pieced together from twitter.

From the official JP Listing

- Qruton (Numblast in the US)
- Minna no Mini Game (Hot Shots Shorties in the US)
- Frederic: Resurrection of Music
- Wipe!
- Magic Arrows
- NanPlay 1000
- Eufloria
- Leg Massage
- NyoQix
- Twist Pilot
- Tractor Trails
- Merican Mail
- Bear Contest (?)

It is?maybe the 4s screen makes it look better and i just meant the looks not the controls as i know they'll be passable.

Hmm perhaps, watched it on my pc and while I was impressed (especially that smoke effect) the textures are about ok par with what we have seen of killzone but the models were much less detailed, to be fair it has to push a higher res for the iPhone and iPad than the vita so it's more taxing on the hardware though.

Edit: ^ what is leg massage?!

Carl

- Wipe!
- Magic Arrows
- NanPlay 1000
- Eufloria
- Leg Massage
- NyoQix
- Twist Pilot
- Tricicle Trails
- Merican Mail
- Bear Contest (?)

Are all of those coming west? :) Awesome if so.

- Wipe!
- Magic Arrows
- NanPlay 1000
- Eufloria
- Leg Massage
- NyoQix
- Twist Pilot
- Tricicle Trails
- Merican Mail
- Bear Contest (?)

Day One.

Takao

Banned

- Wipe!
- Magic Arrows
- NanPlay 1000
- Eufloria
- Leg Massage
- NyoQix
- Twist Pilot
- Tricicle Trails
- Merican Mail
- Bear Contest (?)

iba9Sy538Xcj04.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we're not getting this one.

Sid

The controls for FPS on touch screen are the definition of "not passable". No thanks.
I just tried dead trigger it doesn't control well so yeah 'not passable' is more appropriate but damn does it look great,this thing needs buttons or the N.O.V.A. series and MC series need to come to the vita through ps mobile or whatever.

I just tried dead trigger it doesn't control well so yeah 'not passable' is more appropriate but damn does it look great,this thing needs buttons or the N.O.V.A. series and MC series need to come to the vita through ps mobile or whatever.

NOVA1 is a mini I believe and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they were a big supporter of PSM, dungeon hunter is a gameloft joint remember

Takao

Banned
Oh man i hope they bring Modern Combat 4 over with upgraded graphics,hopefully the game is good and with dual analog controls it would be even better.

PlayStation Mobile has a bottleneck in terms of what you can do. You have to remember the code has to run on phones like Xperia Play ...

Shinriji

Oh man i hope they bring Modern Combat 4 over with upgraded graphics,hopefully the game is good and with dual analog controls it would be even better.

Modern Combat was THE SHIT on the PS3. So many hours played. The best CS ripoff ever.

Carl

So they'll downgrade the graphics for that version?

It's all one version. The very idea of PSM is that developers can make a game and they'll know 100% for sure that it runs on all PS Certified devices. It overrides the complex different types of Android phone out there.

Sid

It's all one version. The very idea of PSM is that developers can make a game and they'll know 100% for sure that it runs on all PS Certified devices. It overrides the complex different types of Android phone out there.
Damn i was hoping it would get FIFA'd and we'll get the real version.

Carl

Well at least we got a bit of PSMobile talk going on there for a whole page. I think we just talked more about it than Sony has since it was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom