• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only there was a Morrowind HD Vita exclusive.

Vita=Saved.

If an open world, WRPG hits the Vita, and it's good, or at the level of Bethesda's RPGs? I'd probably die of happiness. The guys behind Borderlands really want it on Vita but they can't do it themselves..

I think Borderlands would be great on Vita, but there are some other open world games coming like AC III: Liberation and NFS: Most Wanted. Warrior's Lair is a Diablo-esque dungeon crawler so that might be able to scratch the itch a bit but who knows when/if that is coming still.

LastNac

Then which ever is cheapest!

Edit: any elder scrolls or fallout game would make the vita my favourite console ever. If fallout 3 came out on it I might actually be sorted for the rest of my life.

There was an Oblivion for the PSP in the works.

I don't see why there can't be an HD Morrowind. People would flock to pick one up.

Carl

Been seeing a fair few positive impressions of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation from Eurogamer Expo. Definitely one to keep an eye on :)

LastNac

If an open world, WRPG hits the Vita, and it's good, or at the level of Bethesda's RPGs? I'd probably die of happiness. The guys behind Borderlands really want it on Vita but they can't do it themselves..

I think Borderlands would be great on Vita, but there are some other open world games coming like AC III: Liberation and NFS: Most Wanted. Warrior's Lair is a Diablo-esque dungeon crawler so that might be able to scratch the itch a bit but who knows when/if that is coming still.

I wouldn't want any ports of something that is out there now. Morrowind is classic enough people would pick it up.

Would prefer an all new Borderlands for the Vita, new enough for a handheld title anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm so close to hitting the order button...Nearly $100 for a vidja game. I've never imported before, so this may be a huge moment for me. D:

Derrick01

Banned
Not really. It's a development environment for Android, first and foremost. Developers can make a game to the PSMobile specifications and it will work on 100% of PS Certified phones and tablets. That's the main draw. Saves developers having to make sure their games work on all of the different hardware spec of Android devices. Vita is just added in to make the deal extra sweet, i suppose.

Oh ok so in reality it really doesn't have much to do with Vita at all, just phone/tablet crap. I kind of hope it doesn't get too successful because Sony doesn't need any extra reason to ignore Vita.

Then which ever is cheapest!

Edit: any elder scrolls or fallout game would make the vita my favourite console ever. If fallout 3 came out on it I might actually be sorted for the rest of my life.

I feel the same way with Fallout 3. If I had that experience, on a handheld, I'd pretty much never touch my PC/consoles again except for those big, ridiculous experiences like TLOU and Uncharted.

Also, you know what I'd really love to see hit Vita? Minecraft. You'd think it would've been done already but who knows, it might be a political thing. Still, I think it'd be a perfect fit for Vita.

I feel the same way with Fallout 3. If I had that experience, on a handheld, I'd pretty much never touch my PC/consoles again except for those big, ridiculous experiences like TLOU and Uncharted.

Also, you know what I'd really love to see hit Vita? Minecraft. You'd think it would've been done already but who knows, it might be a political thing. Still, I think it'd be a perfect fit for Vita.

Considering how much a hassle the Xbox version was to get made I have a feeling we will never see it on a playstation :(

AwRy108

I'm over half done with LBP Vita, and I'm so sad that it has to end. Anyone else blown away by how good the gameplay is? The platforming, grappling, and jump pads combined with the incredible level design have turn the game into one of my favorite platformers ever.

Tarsier Studios has completely out-done themselves with this game, even to the point that it's managed to reinvigorate the series for me: playing through the Story mode has been an incredibly joyous experience thus far, to the point that it has put Mm's single player modes in LBP 1 & 2 to complete shame. I'm also shocked by how polished the whole package is, it's way more fluid and responsive than either of the console versions.

If Tarsier puts out any single-player DLC out for this game, they already have my money.

MisterC20XX

Bethesda would probably outsource the Vita version to Nihilistic anyways.

tracey-jordan-nope.gif

LuchaShaq

Banned
I just tried dead trigger it doesn't control well so yeah 'not passable' is more appropriate but damn does it look great,this thing needs buttons or the N.O.V.A. series and MC series need to come to the vita through ps mobile or whatever.

I tried dead trigger on ios and it had some great ideas, but virtual sticks are basically the quickest way to make your game bad.

If it had a vita version I'd try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom