• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Well at least we got a bit of PSMobile talk going on there for a whole page. I think we just talked more about it than Sony has since it was launched.
Seriously the first thing sony should have done is to bring all the awesome mobile games like shadow guardian,modern combat 4,real racing 3,nova 3 etc. over/announced for vita through it.

Derrick01

Banned
Is playstation mobile just so they can put these crummy smartphone games on Vita or something? I'm totally confused to the purpose of it.

Carl

Is playstation mobile just so they can put these crummy smartphone games on Vita or something? I'm totally confused to the purpose of it.

Not really. It's a development environment for Android, first and foremost. Developers can make a game to the PSMobile specifications and it will work on 100% of PS Certified phones and tablets. That's the main draw. Saves developers having to make sure their games work on all of the different hardware spec of Android devices. Vita is just added in to make the deal extra sweet, i suppose.

Sid

I think it's supposed to put crummy and non crummy games aka 'console quality' stuff like nova 3,modern combat 4 etc. on the vita but so far all we have are the crummy ones.

Carl

Oh yes, they're supposed to be "Playstation Quality" games, whatever that means. I suppose having the Playstation named attached could help sell some copies though. Maybe.

Takao

Banned
why didn't they get square to help them out and put finaru fantaji dimensions on ps mobile

phoenix wright hd would make over 9000 cents too

Sid

why didn't they get square to help them out and put finaru fantaji dimensions on ps mobile

phoenix wright hd would make over 9000 cents too
Sony seems to have an allergy towards getting good third party games for the vita even if they are mobile ones.

Zen

Banned
Seriously the first thing sony should have done is to bring all the awesome mobile games like shadow guardian,modern combat 4,real racing 3,nova 3 etc. over/announced for vita through it.

Well Gameloft was listed as supporting PS mobile, so Nova 3 is comming... right?

I'm itching for a good FPS on the platform.

Man, I just kind of assumed that all of the above mentioend games were a given....

Carl

Well Gameloft was listed as supporting PS mobile, so Nova 3 is comming... right?

I'm itching for a good FPS on the platform.

Man, I just kind of assumed that all of the above mentioend games were a given....

GameLoft are a developer but i can't recall seeing any confirmed games from them.

Tratorn

Not possible, because they already fucked PSMobile up with making a weak phone like the "Xperia Play" ps-certified.

The only option to get games like that, is probably waiting for PSMobile 2.0 lol.

Noi

pingu is the killer app

B6eO2.gif

I wanted an excuse to post this.

OmegaZero

I would love to be pleasantly surprised by Declassified, but in order for that to happen, I'll have to keep my expectations low.

Declassified will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom