• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
2eC1m.png

For NA? Just wow. I can't believe that Sony failed at announcing all these games at TGS (and E3). WTH is going on over at Sony HQ.

Takao

Banned
LBX is something that SCE has failed so far, or maybe Level-5 told them to buzz off? I dunno. But you'd think a conglomerate with divisions in every form of media would help a longstanding partner's new cross media venture situated on a game on your hardware gain a footing in the west, but nope.

OmegaZero

hmm there is that PSN spend $100 and get $20 for October, what games are releasing this October to reach that mark?

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ragnarok Odyssey, Street Fighter X Tekken, Silent Hill Book of Memories, DJ Max Technika Tune, Zero Escape, and Spy Hunter.

Off the top of my head.

Toki767

I might actually cancel my Newegg order of Ragnarok Odyssey for $30 and buy it digitally to help get up to that $100 total. If only I wasn't sure whether XSEED is going to sell it for $36 or $40.

Takao

Banned
On Gyrozetter, that's a franchise started by Square Enix, a company Sony owns 10% of. Like LBX it's cross media with games, anime, manga, toys, and more. Unlike LBX, Gyrozetter is situated to push a 3DS game. The kicker, Sony's own animation studio, A1 Pictures is doing the animation for the show.

Is it touchscreen like dj max or buttons? Also how many songs?
There are some touch screen notes where you have to swipe the screen, but it's mainly button presses. There are 37 songs with more probably coming as DLC.

Everything I'm reading about it says nothing but HUGE praise.

*ordered* Should have it early next week.

Do not let me down GAF!
Well, there's a few things wrong with it... the PVs are sub HD, for example.

I might actually cancel my Newegg order of Ragnarok Odyssey for $30 and buy it digitally to help get up to that $100 total. If only I wasn't sure whether XSEED is going to sell it for $36 or $40.
Safer to think $40, I would wager. But who knows?

On Gyrozetter, that's a franchise started by Square Enix, a company Sony owns 10% of. Like LBX it's cross media with games, anime, manga, toys, and more. Unlike LBX, Gyrozetter is situated to push a 3DS game. The kicker, Sony's own animation studio, A1 Pictures is doing the animation for the show.

What is Sony even doing. I heard there is an app for Sony Picture movies on 360 and not on PS3. Very confusing and no communication between the divisions.

hmm there is that PSN spend $100 and get $20 for October, what games are releasing this October to reach that mark?

You could buy some of the day 1 PS3 titles, like RE6.
Jet Set Radio for Vita is probably $10 towards it.
I can't really think of anything else personally... You might be able to buy digital copies of some of the Vita games for october (SFxT, Ragnarok Odyssey, AC:L, etc.).

Do we have any info on FFX? I'm kinda itching to play it.

I was so disappointed by this game when I bought it on release day back in like end of January 2002. However, I kind of want to give it another shot, now that it's been 12 years. So yeah, I might actually buy it too, but alas, no info on it lately.

Sid

Look at this shit from the review for assassin's creed ios,rated by ign @8.3
http://m.ign.com/articles/2009/04/23/assassins-creed-iphone-review

THE VERDICT
Think on this for a moment: Assassin's Creed is an enhanced version of a $30 Nintendo DS game for only $10. For $10, you are getting around six hours of game. That is the very definition of value and a huge reason why I am bullish on the game. Set aside the fact that the game looks amazing and is accompanied by an excellent soundtrack. This is a console game for your iPhone that sacrifices very little.The controls may not be to every gamer's liking, but I was very comfortable with the virtual stick and suffered only a few instances of slipping off a rooftop or beam. Assassin's Creed set a new bar for the kind of hardcore/traditional games the iPhone can host. I cannot wait to see what tops it.

COD declassified is a AAA game going by this logic.

Takao

Banned
That review was from 2009 btw. You'll hit the link and see the insanely hideous visuals and wonder how it was pushing the iPhone in any way, lol.

Sid

That review was from 2009 btw. You'll hit the link and see the insanely hideous visuals and wonder how it was pushing the iPhone in any way, lol.
I know it's from 2009 but it wasn't a console quality game then and it sure as hell isn't now,this is the same website which rated the psp one much lower than this despite bloodlines being much closer to console quality than this game.

Takao

Banned
I know it's from 2009 but it wasn't a console quality game then and it sure as hell isn't now,this is the same website which rated the psp one much lower than this despite bloodlines being much closer to console quality than this game.

I might get in trouble for this, but the usual iOS gamer probably has a lower berometer as to what qualifies as good because the games are so cheap. What they fail to realize is that a bad game for $30 doesn't automatically become a good game for $10 because ultimately it's costing you time that could've gone towards a legitimately good game.

Carl

Haha i did that just after posting my reply, was confused for a second before i saw the date.

Sid

I might get in trouble for this, but the usual iOS gamer probably has a lower berometer as to what qualifies as good because the games are so cheap. What they fail to realize is that a bad game for $30 doesn't automatically become a good game for $10 because ultimately it's costing you time that could've gone towards a legitimately good game.
No matter their barometer this game is not console quality and is rated much higher than the psp one WTF?

Chesskid1

Banned
been reading about ragnarok odyssey. never played a monster hunter game, but the idea of an online rpg grindfest seems like it'll be amazing on the vita.

think i'll day 1 it as well and AC:L.

gonna cancel my virtue's last/999 sequel preorder i think. it's fun but ill play it once then neva touch it again. the story and stuff will be cool i suppose -- but the gameplay isnt there for me. idk still deciding.

that djmax game looks good, but $50 and the cramped screen just seem so backwards to me. (especially all the tablets are out). i appreciate them supporting the viita, i will pick it up for $30ish probably.

LBPV + wifi online battery dies so fast, heh.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If it ever comes out :(

At thins point I really think that VBlank should have just released it for XBLA first (Microsoft will most likely will hype the shit of it and put it in summer of arcade or something like that) then 6 month later they can release it on other platforms(if they done this we might even get it before the end of the year) just kneel down and don't fight the power.

Noi

Thinking of what to buy now that I'm cancelling my PS All Stars pre-order. Who else is picking up Ragnarok Odyssey on launch? :x

Takao

Banned
So the anime is coming over eh?
Oh wait, the 3DS version?

Dang.

There will be LBX games in the west. When and what platforms is yet to be seen.

No matter their barometer this game is not console quality and is rated much higher than the psp one WTF?

I guess what you should be angry about his how the same game on different platform received a better score than the original release. But again, different reviewers, and expectations with those games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Thinking of what to buy now that I'm cancelling my PS All Stars pre-order. Who else is picking up Ragnarok Odyssey on launch? :x

I'm not up to date with development or the beta of this game,so why the jump out?(Vita port is shitty? game is shitty?)

Takao

Banned
Ok but what i'm trying to say is it is not even close to a console experience and does not sacrifice 'very little' as stated in the review.

It is very close to the experience that could be found on the DS which is a handheld game console.

Except virtual buttons.

I'm not up to date with development or the beta of this game,so why the jump out?(Vita port is shitty? game is shitty?)

Worse, roster is shitty.

Sid

It is very close to the experience that could be found on the DS which is a handheld game console.

Except virtual buttons.

Worse, roster is shitty.
Wowzerz and as for all stars i saw more of the game and the movesets and i won't be getting it.

Takao

Banned
I'm actually in the beta, and the game itself is a lot of fun on both PS3, and Vita. It runs great on both. It's just that roster. Stupid Evil Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom