• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I'm not up to date with development or the beta of this game,so why the jump out?(Vita port is shitty? game is shitty?)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/playstation-all-stars-no-more-new-characters

It's not quite the game I was lead to believe it was.

I'm actually in the beta, and the game itself is a lot of fun on both PS3, and Vita. It runs great on both. It's just that roster. Stupid Evil Cole.

This makes it all the more frustrating. I love the gameplay, but a crossover fighter without characters I want to play as is pointless.

Ratchet and Clank, Kratos, Sir Dan, Cole, Nariko, Drake, Sackboy, and Sly are certainly characters i care about :)

I don't get excited over Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach and co. being in Smash bros. It's the Marths, Ikes, Lucases and Cap. Falcons that keep me interested. :(

Carl

Yeah I said it before about the roster, Smash Bors is about nostalgia and your favorite classic characters, BR is about marketing third party games and characters no one care about.

Ratchet and Clank, Kratos, Sir Dan, Cole, Nariko, Drake, Sackboy, and Sly are certainly characters i care about :)

So just heard the no more characters for PSABR thing, that fucking sucks :( I mean I hold for spyro and crash but hell they couldn't even put in Kat? A final fantasy character? Starhawk? Motorstorm? Wipeout?

Wonko_C

Kazuma Kiryu should be in PSASBR, that way he can become more known and increase our chances to see Yakuza 5 in the west.

A man can dream. :(

zroid

Banned
I really have no affinity for any characters on the list right now, so unless the game mechanics blow me away -- not in the beta(s), but I will probably try it at that Toronto PS preview thing -- PSAS is moved from a "maybe" to a "skip".

EDIT: actually I do like Sly.

zroid

Banned
Also I was secretly hoping they'd announce a preorder bonus of kaz or Tretton or something similar, that would be amazing

There should be a Kaz mask that any character can wear, similar to a hat.

Imagine four different characters in the ring all wearing Kaz masks :>

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kazuma Kiryu should be in PSASBR, that way he can become more known and increase our chances to see Yakuza 5 in the west.

A man can dream. :(

I'd say releasing two shitty games in a row Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls killed any chance for Yakuza 5 release in the west.

So blame Yakuza 4 pure horribleness not BR.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
re: Ragnarok

i need to go back to it - i jumped into it after finishing off the last of MH3rdP so it just didn't click at all.

Felt a bit more like PSO than MH to be honest as well - it wasn't bad, but after constant MH'ing it just felt a bit weird.

MisterC20XX

Sackboy, Nathan Drake and Daxter are my "big three" characters so to speak. Everybody else leaves me feeling sort of meh. Are there talks of DLC characters in the future?

Btw, I'm day one on Ragnarok!

Toki767

I gotta remember to add some of you guys for Ragnarok Odyssey. I'm kind of sad I haven't played LBP Vita with anyone yet either, but I'm kind of wanting to ace every story level before delving into screwing around in multiplayer.

Aahahaha, I'm loving this PSAKFDJ:ALSKJBAB backlash.

20 characters, including Toro [who shouldn't really count] in a smash bros. clone? Hell, SSBM and SSBB had 26 and 39 characters respectively. This is great, at least for making me laugh.

Noi

I am! :D I have that crazy seemingly pointless collector's edition reserved.

Excellent. I'm torn on whether I want the CE or having the game digital for on the go, haha.

Sackboy, Nathan Drake and Daxter are my "big three" characters so to speak. Everybody else leaves me feeling sort of meh. Are there talks of DLC characters in the future?

Btw, I'm day one on Ragnarok!

It's pretty much confirmed with the way they keep saying that the "launch" roster has all been revealed.

Noi

What's so bad about that?
It's not like he's a separate character, right?

...Not sure if serious, but they aren't.

render_cole_macgrath.png
render_cole_macgrath_evil.png

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm so LTTP. I just started playing that Treasure of Montezuma game. So silly, but so addictive.

And as I heard it's also so completely broken (people can cheat by pressing something all the time or the game jut decide to break and give infinite time or gems..ect)

gwarm01

How is the MGS collection on Vita? I have the PS3 collection, but I'm feeling the itch to buy a Vita game. Is it worth double dipping?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm so LTTP. I just started playing that Treasure of Montezuma game. So silly, but so addictive.

Try Treasure Park too. It's probably not for everyone, but I seriously play it every day now. Before it came out I never thought I'd care about it but I'm so hooked now.

AwRy108

How is the MGS collection on Vita? I have the PS3 collection, but I'm feeling the itch to buy a Vita game. Is it worth double dipping?

Not for full price, especially considering that Peace Walker was left out of the Vita version (which, BTW, is effing odd as hell). So, ask yourself: how much would you pay for Vita versions of MGS2 and MGS3, but of which you already own in HD on the PS3. IMHO, neither of the games are a great fit for on-the-go gaming, so keep that in mind, too.

Snake Eater is still one of the greatest games ever made, but you already have the best version on your PS3.

Carl

Not for full price, especially considering that Peace Walker was left out of the Vita version (which, BTW, is effing odd as hell). So, ask yourself: how much would you pay for Vita versions of MGS2 and MGS3, but of which you already own in HD on the PS3. IMHO, neither of the games are a great fit for on-the-go gaming, so keep that in mind, too.

Snake Eater is still one of the greatest games ever made, but you already have the best version on your PS3.

My views are basically the polar opposite of this post :p

OmegaZero

...Not sure if serious, but they aren't.

render_cole_macgrath.png
render_cole_macgrath_evil.png

Wait, you're serious?
So it's basically like Zelda/Sheik, except you can't change into the other.
I'm assuming that means he's taking up a character slot too?

EDIT:
My views are basically the polar opposite of this post :p

Definitely worth full price, despite the fact that Peace Walker was left out of the Vita version (which, BTW, makes total sense). So, ask yourself: how much would you pay for Vita versions of MGS2 and MGS3, but of which you already own in HD on the PS3. IMHO, both of the games are a great fit for on-the-go gaming, so keep that in mind, too.

Snake Eater is still one of the worst games ever made, but you can do better then the PS3 version.

?

nah..it's Zelda a link to the past..he was playing Montezuma with Zelda.

every lttp thread mean playing some other game with Zelda SNES at the same time.

it is a hardcore gamers thing.
At first I thoguht it was something like that, but I figured that's really stupid.

Wait, you're serious?
Yeah, that's like it, except that Cole still basically looks the same. They both have different movesets, though. On the other hand, SuperBot DID say 1 character per franchise early on and now...

Speaking of Yakuza, I'd kill for a Vita Yakuza game, or even localization of Yakuza Black Panther for PSP playable on Vita.
you're making me drool

Carl

Basically ;) It does make total sense, i suppose, seeing as PW was missing in Japan even for the PS3 release. Besides, Peace Walker is available on Vita anyway so it doesn't really matter IMO.

Snake Eater isn't one of the worst games ever made, but it certainly isn't one of the best either :p

Noi

Wait, you're serious?

They're two separate characters with different characters slots, and have about 1/4 of the same moveset. Yes, it's kind of frustrating to see.

Takao

Banned
Aahahaha, I'm loving this PSAKFDJ:ALSKJBAB backlash.

20 characters, including Toro [who shouldn't really count] in a smash bros. clone? Hell, SSBM and SSBB had 26 and 39 characters respectively. This is great, at least for making me laugh.

Nega Cole is the one who shouldn't count. Toro's fine.

I really need cliff notes on the whole PSABR fiasco. That thread is kind of a mess at the moment.

Basically there's no more characters left to reveal for the one disc content. The 20 you see is the 20 you get.

Speaking of Yakuza, I'd kill for a Vita Yakuza game, or even localization of Yakuza Black Panther for PSP playable on Vita.

I'm guessing SEGA wants to spread out releases or something. A Yakuza Black Panther collection for Vita would make sense. Then again, doing Yakuza HD Collection on Vita would also make sense, but ???

spannicus

Read article saying the PSABR will have unlockable characters and its Super bots way of throwing fans off. Be patient you may be surprised. Didn't we have the image of Kat that was all blurry?

Nega Cole is the one who shouldn't count. Toro's fine.

Basically there's no more characters left to reveal for the one disc content. The 20 you see is the 20 you get.

I'm guessing SEGA wants to spread out releases or something. A Yakuza Black Panther collection for Vita would make sense. Then again, doing Yakuza HD Collection on Vita would also make sense, but ???

Sonycat(s) are always a waste of a slot and dev time/funding -- look at SFxT. :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I have tried to like Smash Brothers and i just don't get it.

A Sony version ? Absolute near zero interest.

passing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom