• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

Why are we talking about Toshinden? I LOVED the first one and obsessed over it when the PS1 launched. Did it get a nod in All-Stars or something?

Takao

Banned
Up until last week when I finally Googled it, I though RTTP meant Really late To The Party.

Don't worry, for some reason I thought it was supposed to be "Rate to the party" as some weird Japanese R/L joke. I dunno why I thought that, especially given it was used for uber western games lol

Why are we talking about Toshinden? I LOVED the first one and obsessed over it when the PS1 launched. Did it get a nod in All-Stars or something?

Nah, I'm not sure who Sony would even call to try to rep that series. It appears Takara Tomy no longer does video games. Anyways, people were just wondering if the other games were on PSN.

Skyzard

Banned
Does anyone else crash whenever they try and update their downloaded levels in LBP?

Does it work for anyone? ... If so I think I may just have a corrupted installation.

zroid

Banned
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

just noticed that the PC end of the Vita USB cable wasn't plugged in so it hasn't been charging for the last two days :U

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone in here used a capacitive stylus with the vita yet? I'm thinking of picking one up for use with VLR coming out next month since I want those 3DS stylus controls but also the vita's graphical fidelity.

If so does it matter if you get a stylus that only has a pencil-thin line of contact area or a spongier tip that would cover more surface area like a real finger? Any recommendations on a particular stylus to get?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Has anyone in here used a capacitive stylus with the vita yet? I'm thinking of picking one up for use with VLR coming out next month since I want those 3DS stylus controls but also the vita's graphical fidelity.

If so does it matter if you get a stylus that only has a pencil-thin line of contact area or a spongier tip that would cover more surface area like a real finger? Any recommendations on a particular stylus to get?

I don't think there is a capacitive stylus that has a pencil thin tip.

I use the Bamboo, which has a thinner tip than most styli, but no c-stylus will ever feel as direct as the DS.

I also don't think the width of the tip makes any difference in precision. If anything the thinner tip seems to have a tougher time being recognized.

OmegaZero

They're two separate characters with different characters slots, and have about 1/4 of the same moveset. Yes, it's kind of frustrating to see.

I can imagine. Especially with:

Yeah, that's like it, except that Cole still basically looks the same. They both have different movesets, though. On the other hand, SuperBot DID say 1 character per franchise early on and now...

Of course, there'll have to be DLC characters, but it is disappointing that 1 of the 20 slots is occupied by Evil Cole when you already basically have him.
EDIT: By him, I mean Cole. Just to clarify.

Don't worry, for some reason I thought it was supposed to be "Rate to the party" as some weird Japanese R/L joke. I dunno why I thought that, especially given it was used for uber western games lol

Same here until a month ago.
I don't know why I thought that either. ._.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just wondering, did Toshinden 2 ever released on PSN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNSLlhITnZA

This music just brings me A LOT of nostalgia.

Since Superbot's incapable of bring this dead IP to their game, I guess I will just play the original.

iirc it's Takara Tomy IP.

I believe Superbot have absolutely zero call here on characters from non Sony IPs, it's Sony money's call to bring characters from other publishers IP to BR.

kuroshiki

Toshinden ain't dead. Didn't you guys play the Wii version?
;)

It's dead.

iirc it's Takara Tomy IP.

I believe Superbot have absolutely zero call here on characters from non Sony IPs, it's Sony money's call to bring characters from other publishers IP to BR.

Something tells me Superbot didn't even bother to contact takara about licensing their IP. Do they even know toshinden existed? I don't think so. But they have time to put 2 coles.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Something tells me Superbot didn't even bother to contact takara about licensing their IP. Do they even know toshinden existed? I don't think so. But they have time to put 2 coles.

seeing the BR Sony character list, I highly doubt they even know much about Sony older (PS1/PS2) and less known games and characters.there are other character that should have been in the game like Dart,Q bert,Rau Utu ,Jennifer Tate,Ryun,Alundra..ect (and not having a Pokemon Trainer clone in this smash bros clone game tell me they don't even know what the hell is Folklore).

what really sad is that Disney will have Q bert (and Coily..both owned by Sony) in their new CG animated movie (Wreck-It-Ralph),they even highlight them in the fucking posters,yet Q bert is not in Sony fucking mascots fighting game.
7f57W.jpg
NXgnd.jpg

cTotW.jpg

Superfail from Failbot.

Noi

They don't even know all the IP Sony own, let alone ones that don't belong to them.

Edit: Beaten like the game's sales after the roster confirmation.

kuroshiki

seeing the BR Sony character list, I highly doubt they even know much about Sony older (PS1/PS2) and less known games and characters.there are other character that should have been in the game like Dart,Q bert,Rau Utu ,Jennifer Tate,Ryun,Alundra..ect (and not having a Pokemon Trainer clone in this smash bros clone game tell me they don't even know what the hell is Folklore).

what really sad is that Disney will have Q bert (and Coily) in their new CG animated movie (Wreck-It-Ralph),they even highlight them in the fucking posters,yet Q bert is not in Sony fucking fighting game.

Superfail from Failbot.

I have to admit, I didn't know what Q-bert was until I searched it up.

But yeah, when Disney beats you in character licensing, you are doing something really, really wrong, Superbot. But they are too proud to admit their fault.

They don't even know all the IP Sony own, let alone ones that don't belong to them.

Exactly. Which brings even more frustration.

I always loved that opening that had the live action actors , it was so cheesey. Thats one thing i miss from the 32 bit generation.

I don't really like that part of 32 bit gen, but yeah, I really miss the music.

Noi

Exactly. Which brings even more frustration.

I can honestly see why people can be "satisfied" with the launch roster, but it just doesn't do it for me. When the game was revealed, I immediately thought up dream scenarios of Dart fighting Vahn fighting Drake fighting Alundra fighting Kat fighting Kratos fighting Wander fighting the White Knight folks fighting.. well, the list goes on. Even Nariko being in the game boggles my mind when there are other PS3 Sony IPs that were much more well-received than Heavenly Sword. Hell, I even defended Big Daddy when he got revealed because I thought the other characters would come eventually. As it is, the first character I genuinely cared about was part of the very last reveal (Sir Dan), at a point when I was pretty much convinced that, given the way the reveals had lead up to that point (and the line saying "the beta leak isn't representative of the final roster") that he'd been cut from the game.

It's easy enough to keep one's expectations in check, but the roster itself didn't even match my lowered expectations after the beta leak. And I hate the fact that I have to dislike it cause of that because the actual game is great.

kuroshiki

I can honestly see why people can be "satisfied" with the launch roster, but it just doesn't do it for me. When the game was revealed, I immediately thought up dream scenarios of Dart fighting Vahn fighting Drake fighting Alundra fighting Kat fighting Kratos fighting Wander fighting the White Knight folks fighting.. well, the list goes on. Even Nariko being in the game boggles my mind when there are other PS3 Sony IPs that were much more well-received than Heavenly Sword. Hell, I even defended Big Daddy when he got revealed because I thought the other characters would come eventually. As it is, the first character I genuinely cared about was part of the very last reveal (Sir Dan), at a point when I was pretty much convinced that, given the way the reveals had lead up to that point (and the line saying "the beta leak isn't representative of the final roster") that he'd been cut from the game.

It's easy enough to keep one's expectations in check, but the roster itself didn't even match my lowered expectations after the beta leak. And I hate the fact that I have to dislike it cause of that because the actual game is great.

I understand your frustration. This game made me feel like I'm at the restaurant and ordered Italian chicken and sausage Lasagna with extra olive on it, and they gave me mozzarella cheese pizza instead.

I'm telling you, pizza was great. I have no complaint about pizza's taste or quality.

But that's not what I wanted. I wanted great lasagna, not just another pizza. So still FY, restaurant.

Afrikan

speaking of old psx fighting games..

I wish someone could bring Bushido Blade back for the Vita with online multiplayer. :/

Noi

speaking of old psx fighting games..

I wish someone could bring Bushido Blade back for the Vita with online multiplayer. :/

Only if it comes with a Brave Fencer Musashi remake. Then I will proclaim the Vita's wonders unto the heavens as the best handheld ever made.

Toki767

Only if it comes with a Brave Fencer Musashi remake. Then I will proclaim the Vita's wonders unto the heavens as the best handheld ever made.

Good luck getting Square-Enix to even make another Vita game. By the time FFX HD comes out for the 10th anniversary remake, it'll be the 15th or 20th anniversary at this rate.

UberTag

Good luck getting Square-Enix to even make another Vita game. By the time FFX HD comes out for the 10th anniversary remake, it'll be the 15th or 20th anniversary at this rate.
"Another" Vita game? Are we supposed to count Army Corps of Hell and Lord of Apocalypse even though Square Enix didn't develop them? I sure don't.
You must be getting the Vita confused with the iPhone. New home of popular Square Enix IPs like The World Ends With You.

what really sad is that Disney will have Q bert (and Coily..both owned by Sony) in their new CG animated movie (Wreck-It-Ralph),they even highlight them in the fucking posters,yet Q bert is not in Sony fucking mascots fighting game.

Superfail from Failbot.

Don't get why a game that is supposed to celebrate PS has the new Dante and Raiden.

darkwing

lol I don't think we will have a line-up that will satisfy everyone, unless it has 100+ characters, come on, Q-bert? what? how the heck would he even fight

Hey guys, just a quick follow up to the FIFA story - here is the first review I've found (please post any others you find)

http://epltalk.com/2012/09/28/fifa-13-ps-vita-review-handheld-game-console-game-gets-red-card/

Also a few websites are starting to report that owners of the vita have come down hard on EA about this years version of FIFA, they are stating that players are purposefully posting low scores on meracritic to drag the game down and bombarding the official twitter feeds and emails with negative comments.

Wether this has a positive effect or not will obviously be seen next year but at least EA isn't getting away with it Scott free.

pa22word

Is there anyway to back up specific games to your PC via the content manager? The only option I'm seeing is a full backup which is fairly useless in the grand scheme of things as it only makes the wait for transfering things even more agonizingly long.

chizmiz

Banned
Hey guys, just a quick follow up to the FIFA story - here is the first review I've found (please post any others you find)

http://epltalk.com/2012/09/28/fifa-13-ps-vita-review-handheld-game-console-game-gets-red-card/

Also a few websites are starting to report that owners of the vita have come down hard on EA about this years version of FIFA, they are stating that players are purposefully posting low scores on meracritic to drag the game down and bombarding the official twitter feeds and emails with negative comments.

Wether this has a positive effect or not will obviously be seen next year but at least EA isn't getting away with it Scott free.

You would think Madden & FIFA on the Vita could handle the new physics engine...

Sid

No more FIFA for vita from now on i think.

darkwing

Is there anyway to back up specific games to your PC via the content manager? The only option I'm seeing is a full backup which is fairly useless in the grand scheme of things as it only makes the wait for transfering things even more agonizingly long.

nope, its the same as the PS3

Noi

Worst company in America 2011.

No more FIFA for vita from now on i think.

I'd like to think that as a result of it getting bad press everywhere, not just from the Vita version even, that they won't drop support just yet. It'd be another thing entirely if it just sold poorly, but everyonews is reporting/calling them out on the poor hackjob.

Foshy

Is the EU version of New Little King's Story translated into German/Italian? My 10-year old sister wants it but if it's just English I think she wouldn't really enjoy it too much.

Noi

Bloody roar too and where the hell is metal slug?though that is not a fighting game.

Bloody Roar is as dead as an old dog being taken out back and unceremoniously put down.

Metal Slug is under SNK's care, and they're content with just porting the old games to every platform that can run them (even if it runs poorly, in some cases).

Sid

Bloody Roar is as dead as an old dog being taken out back and unceremoniously put down.

Metal Slug is under SNK's care, and they're content with just porting the old games to every platform that can run them (even if it runs poorly, in some cases).
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom