• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

hey guys .. looking for this stat (specific in North America). Any idea?

Stat on PSP retail titles -?
Stat on PSP digital titles - 392 as of 9/29
Stat on PSP games on Vita store - 282 as of 9/29
Stat on PSOne on PSP digital titles - 181 as of 9/29
Stat on PSOne games on Vita store - 73 as of 9/29

hey guys .. looking for this stat (specific in North America). Any idea?

Stat on PSP retail titles -?
Stat on PSP digital titles - 392 as of 9/29
Stat on PSP games on Vita store - 282 as of 9/29
Stat on PSOne on PSP digital titles - 181 as of 9/29
Stat on PSOne games on Vita store - 73 as of 9/29

Wiki says 760 PSP games, don't know NA specific numbers.

Is the EU version of New Little King's Story translated into German/Italian? My 10-year old sister wants it but if it's just English I think she wouldn't really enjoy it too much.

Italian localization is there, and so far even if a bit cheesy it's not bad
GOKdf.jpg

The font size it's kinda small tho

I'm selling my Vita and I wonder if there's anything I have to take care of? Like on the PS3 where you format your HD and deactivate the system. Or is removing the memory card taking care of all of that?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm selling my Vita and I wonder if there's anything I have to take care of? Like on the PS3 where you format your HD and deactivate the system. Or is removing the memory card taking care of all of that?

Why? October and november are full of games...
Anyway if i'm not wrong format + deactivation should be enough.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sonycat(s) are always a waste of a slot and dev time/funding -- look at SFxT. :lol

Nah, I'm sure this'll be popular with or without them.

SF vs Juggle had the issue of 1) no1curr'ing about Juggle characters in the SF engine and 2) gems/DLC/other shitty practices.

You know what Sony needs to do? A one two punch of a 'Sony direct' as show off all the upcoming games in one go. And a as campaign where there are different ads focuses in a single and each.

They need to start combatting the notion that vita has no games. Like right now.

You know what Sony needs to do? A one two punch of a 'Sony direct' as show off all the upcoming games in one go. And a as campaign where there are different ads focuses in a single and each.

They need to start combatting the notion that vita has no games. Like right now.

Yeah with awesome dubstep music.

UberTag

But Sony has no $$ with which to advertise.
We should be grateful they haven't canned the PS Blog staffers yet.

But Sony has no $$ with which to advertise.
We should be grateful they haven't canned the PS Blog staffers yet.

Actually they have a lot of money - just because they are constantly losing money doesn't mean they suddenly have a low amount if assests. Business are made to have money going in and out constantly and so even when losing lots they still have lots to spend on fixing problems.

Sid

That and if i got to make these decisions i would have:

-Cut the price to $199 for wifi and $250 for the 3g models
-Every console is bundled with a digital game and a 4gb card
-Games like Resistance burning skies and COD declassified to be given a lot more time and budget and be done by much higher tier devs
-COD DC to have the same mp as black ops 2 with cross play and save sync but a new sp story mode all that while running at native res and 60fps with some AA same for FIFA, NFS and madden or any other ports which have mp
-Get the god eater,hatsune miku and monster hunter series as exclusives for high sales in japan
-Exclusive new resident evil and yakuza
-Ps mobile to have all the mobile big hitters like real racing 3,mc4 at launch along with the smaller games
-Uncharted golden abyss 2,gravity rush 2 for next fall and gow and gran turismo for 2014
-Exclusive killzone,ys,ac,lbp,wipeout etc.
-More awesome new IPs like soul sacrifice,tearaway etc.
-Market the hell out of it and the games

Sid

Monster Hunter already has a new home, and it's Nintendo :(
I know i meant if i could take these decisions i would have taken these steps so that vita gains a strong foothold from the start and have a long and healthy lifecycle since i think it will be the last handheld from sony.

Italian localization is there, and so far even if a bit cheesy it's not bad
GOKdf.jpg

The font size it's kinda small tho

Does the Italian translation seem as cheap as the English one? Cause I've noticed some weirdly constructed sentences and blatant spelling mistakes ("solider") while playing it today. Not that I mind too much, it's an awesome game and I'd prefer the current translation to not getting it at all.

Elios83

That and if i got to make these decisions i would have:

-Cut the price to $199 for wifi and $250 for the 3g models
-Every console is bundled with a digital game and a 4gb card
-Games like Resistance burning skies and COD declassified to be given a lot more time and budget and be done by much higher tier devs
-COD DC to have the same mp as black ops 2 with cross play and save sync but a new sp story mode all that while running at native res and 60fps with some AA same for FIFA, NFS and madden or any other ports which have mp
-Get the god eater,hatsune miku and monster hunter series as exclusives for high sales in japan
-Exclusive new resident evil and yakuza
-Ps mobile to have all the mobile big hitters like real racing 3,mc4 at launch along with the smaller games
-Uncharted golden abyss 2,gravity rush 2 for next fall and gow and gran turismo for 2014
-Exclusive killzone,ys,ac.
-More awesome new IPs like soul sacrifice,tearaway etc.
-Market the hell out of it and the games

Vita is pretty much the Sony's Gamecube.
Developers won't support it properly because there are many other more profitable alternatives for them, Sony won't invest in the platform to the point where they will buy the key support they need. There will be ports, there will be great mid-tier gams, a few first party standouts and that's it.
At this point Sony just doesn't care, they know that dedicaded gaming handheld are dead anyway, this is their last portable generation, then they'll support smarpthones and tablets with games and services like the Playstation Mobile.

Btw as soon as I get my credit card recharged I'm definetly gonna buy New Little King's Story.

Sid

Vita is pretty much the Sony's Gamecube.
Developers won't support it properly because there are many other more profitable alternatives for them, Sony won't invest in the platform to the point where they will buy the key support they need. There will be ports, there will be great mid-tier gams, a few first party standouts and that's it.
At this point Sony just doesn't care, they know that dedicaded gaming handheld are dead anyway, this is their last portable generation, then they'll support smarpthones and tablets with games and services like the Playstation Mobile.

Btw as soon as I get my credit card recharged I'm definetly gonna buy New Little King's Story.
But if they are moneyhatting games like cod and making games like resistance shouldn't they ensure that these gamesare as high quality as possible?

Games like god eater 2,pdf should have been vita exclusives

Even with the ps mobile they lack support of the big mobile games.Just half assed plans all around.

sajj316

But if they are moneyhatting games like cod and making games like resistance shouldn't they ensure that these gamesare as high quality as possible?

Games like god eater 2,pdf should have been vita exclusives

Even with the ps mobile they lack support of the big mobile games.Just half assed plans all around.

I see the negativity has spread to others .. Stay strong brethren. Stay strong.

Lol no negativity just having a discussion.

I'm starting to have negativity now. :( it's just wearing me down hearing the same complaints over and over even when I point out how factually incorrect they are. What pisses me off most is that Sony seems to just sit there and let it grow worse. It's the easiest thing to just come out with a bang and say look! Here's all these amazing high quality games on this handheld system. You want your hardcore games? Here they are! Play them wherever you like. Oh and lest we forget the massive amounts of cool little indie games that are downloadable too

Sid

I'm starting to have negativity now. :( it's just wearing me down hearing the same complaints over and over even when I point out how factually incorrect they are.What pisses me off most is that Sony seems to just sit there and let it grow worse. It's the easiest thing to just come out with a bang and say look! Here's all these amazing high quality games on this handheld system. You want your hardcore games? Here they are! Play them wherever you like. Oh and lest we forget the massive amounts of cool little indie games that are downloadable too
How exactly am i wrong when all 'm saying is that a potentially system selling game like cod and their own ip like resistance should have been high quality with all the bells and whistles of the console versions and then some?

How exactly am i wrong when all 'm saying is that a potentially system selling game like cod and their own ip like resistance should have been high quality with all the bells and whistles of the console versions and then some?

Oh sorry I wasn't saying you are wrong, I was talking about the press and other threads, just quoted you as you were saying how you aren't getting taken over by negativity and I was saying how I was. Apologies :)

Sid

Oh sorry I wasn't saying you are wrong, just quoted you as you were saying how you aren't getting taken over by negativity and I was saying how I was. Apologies :)
No apologies needed but sony seems to have nice plans but just half asses their execution.

Does the Italian translation seem as cheap as the English one? Cause I've noticed some weirdly constructed sentences and blatant spelling mistakes ("solider") while playing it today. Not that I mind too much, it's an awesome game and I'd prefer the current translation to not getting it at all.

No spelling errors so far, but I'm kinda early in he game, just defeated
the frog demon
but there were some slightly strange lines, like "oh Prince, I'll know a mission we could go for tehehehe" from a female paesant during the festival, and there is a strongly sexualized character that always "hints".

But nothing that could let me think they mispelled something from the original

Massa

Sony can't afford that.

I'm starting to have negativity now. :( it's just wearing me down hearing the same complaints over and over even when I point out how factually incorrect they are. What pisses me off most is that Sony seems to just sit there and let it grow worse. It's the easiest thing to just come out with a bang and say look! Here's all these amazing high quality games on this handheld system. You want your hardcore games? Here they are! Play them wherever you like. Oh and lest we forget the massive amounts of cool little indie games that are downloadable too

Sony's management admitted recently that they expected third parties to just show up. Their management is inept. THAT is the problem. They are acting as if this system exists in a vacuum. People have more options now than ever for entertainment. Sony is still in that ps3 mentality that people will just buy what they make and developers will follow without question. That's their problem.

I just finished Suikoden II again on Vita via Remote Play. So GOOOD

Easily my favorite JRPG, if not one of my favorite games of all time. Really wish they'd just do a PSN port, I don't want to use my mint disc anymore.

Just wondering, did Toshinden 2 ever released on PSN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNSLlhITnZA

This music just brings me A LOT of nostalgia.

Since Superbot's incapable of bring this dead IP to their game, I guess I will just play the original.

WOW this is amazing! Going to be checking out this game now, I've never heard of it.

ksimm

Can anyone recommend an external battery pack that works with the Vita? The official Sony one is £40, but looking at the cheaper battery packs I'm not sure that these Anker / Powergen / New Trent branded battery packs are compatible.

You'd be surprised, they just bought 11% of Olympus so they obviously have some cash to throw around.

Must say that Olympus was facing some hard time tho, the Gaikai operation was more risky, and we still don't know what they were after with it, while the Olympus one is more easy to guess.

Mzo

Too bad that dude choked nasty under Ryan's fat, angry pressure. He wouldn't give him a second to think or look at his laptop, like it's some sort of contest.

Games worth owning on the Vita right now: WipEout 2047, Uncharted (no hesitation, excellent game), Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Daze, Lumines. Then there are also some great ports that I appreciate on a handheld like MGS collection and Rayman 3, not to mention better-looking and better-playing PSP and now PS1 games.

Plus it's been out like HALF A FUCKING YEAR, why don't you relax a goddamned second? What amazing games did the PS2 have the first 6 months? Fanta-fucking-vision? The PS3? Goddamned Haze? FUCK.

I hate the way that guy choked on the air and couldn't back up his comments =/

Too bad that dude choked nasty under Ryan's fat, angry pressure. He wouldn't give him a second to think or look at his laptop, like it's some sort of contest.

Games worth owning on the Vita right now: WipEout 2047, Uncharted (no hesitation, excellent game), Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Daze, Lumines. Then there are also some great ports that I appreciate on a handheld like MGS collection and Rayman 3, not to mention better-looking and better-playing PSP and now PS1 games.

Plus it's been out like HALF A FUCKING YEAR, why don't you relax a goddamned second? What amazing games did the PS2 have the first 6 months? Fanta-fucking-vision? The PS3? Goddamned Haze? FUCK.

I hate the way that guy choked on the air and couldn't back up his comments =/

I'm tempted to make a video on my channel about it...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
They really should have just given the name a proper single word subtitle.

I'm not crazy about the games on the list, but I'll throw in LittleBigPlanet and Virtua Tennis 4 as well.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Not even going to watch the video, but Giantbomb not checking facts and being mercilessly cynical isn't anything new.

I like their Quick Looks, but even then, I usually mute them. I'm not really a fan of Giant Bomb's commentary, but outside of this thread, I seem to be in the minority.

I always hear nothing but good things about Giant Bomb. But considering they seem to completely ignore Sony and Nintendo I'm more than happy to tell them to go fuck 'emselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom