• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmafan

Geez hearing the Giant Bomb guys talk about the vita like that makes me sad. I can easily name five games for them like all of us here. Oh well their tastes are different than mine so whatever.

zroid

Banned
Has XSEED ever said explicitly when it's to be released? This reminds me of the Last Story situation where retailers just took guesses for several months and people assumed it had a release date when really it didn't.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Has XSEED ever said explicitly when it's to be released? This reminds me of the Last Story situation where retailers just took guesses for several months and people assumed it had a release date when really it didn't.
I'm almost sure they said October no matter what.

Why? They're not charging any extra for the game, and there's no AC:L branding on the system itself.

I have dumb friends.

Edit: They're probably also holding out for more games, and assuming the AC bundle won't be around forever (or at least by the time they decide to pick up a Vita.)

Grinchy

Banned
I finally hit 1000 miles. I haven't gone on any trips or anything with my Vita, but I still thought I'd hit this number a lot faster.

7Ln6Nl.jpg

kiyomi

Probably shouldn't have watched that video, usually I quite like GB but that was a bit painful. Though it was in a way more about the guy's failure to actually stand up for his own argument in the face of Ryan Davis. What a wilt.

I think the existing library is satisfactory - if not excellent if you happened to not own a PSP - and I think that the upcoming software schedule is as strong, maybe even stronger, than any home console right now.

UberTag

I think the existing library is satisfactory - if not excellent if you happened to not own a PSP - and I think that the upcoming software schedule is as strong, maybe even stronger, than any home console right now.
The PlayStation VITA came out in February and has access to the following in its digital library (either directly or via transfer with the PS3)...

- 62 PlayStation VITA games
- 392 PSP games
- 180 PlayStation One games (granted some remain incompatible like Chrono Cross but that is being patched this coming Tuesday)
- Over 200 PlayStation Minis games
- A whole bunch of PlayStation Mobile games starting this week

After a little over 7 months on the market I'd say that's not too shabby.
Perhaps the problem is that there are actually TOO MANY games hence no one particular title has a chance of selling well.

Sid

Sony can't afford that.
Ofc they can but they don't want to,they missed the boat big time by not getting cod declassified to connect to BO2 mp and being made by a top tier studio even resistance would have sold much better had the game been a lot better with all the bells and whistles of the console version and ofc they have to market these titles for them to sell which they didn't even do for resistance 3.

The PlayStation VITA came out in February and has access to the following in its digital library (either directly or via transfer with the PS3)...

- 392 PSP games
- 180 PlayStation One games (granted some remain incompatible like Chrono Cross but that is being patched this coming Tuesday)

Perhaps the problem is that there are actually TOO MANY games hence no one particular title has a chance of selling well.
No system sellers though.

Ponn

Banned
I like how the only Game Goods I get on Near are from games I do not own. I just got 3 LBP Vita challenges. :|

Wut? Damn, I only get Hustle Kings avatar stuff and a shitload of SSD stuff, once in awhile something from unit 13. Don't own hustle kings or unit 13. I never get ToMB crystals but understand they are out there and even share myself. Haven't gotten any LBP stuff yet.

- 392 PSP games

Stop being sensible and logical.

Just started on making my own levels in LBP for the first time. How do you change the theme of the level so it's not the sack texture?

Also, LittleBigPlanet Vita has put my faith back into this system. Looks and play amazingly... It's like there's voodoo in this wee machine.

Owzers

watched the Giant Bomb video and it's pretty much spot on to how i feel about the system. There are a few games i'd rent, uncharted and gravity daze, and a few games in the future that interest me like Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4, and maybe Tearaway, but that doesn't get me to buy an expensive system right now. Good hardware, sad library, a bit pricey.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I want the option to turn off Near items for specific games. Looking at you SSD.

I get all kinds of items. Most recently some Near stuff for the Asian version of Ragnarok Odyssey.

Just started on making my own levels in LBP for the first time. How do you change the theme of the level so it's not the sack texture?

Also, LittleBigPlanet Vita has put my faith back into this system. Looks and play amazingly... It's like there's voodoo in this wee machine.

When you complete tutorials you unlock level building stuff like themes, music, editing tools, bolts and springs.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ah ok, but the option will at least disable the notifications for RO then.
I don't mind those. They're exotic. ;)

The issue isn't me getting stuff that's useless, as its interesting to see other games and what they send. It's just that SSD pumps them out constantly. More than any other game I've seen on Near.

Foxix Von

The video for people who want to rage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9rNzcI5g4&feature=player_detailpage#t=1219s

Heesh, really? And here I thought Giant Bomb was good.

You know I normally like GB but I seriously want to strangle him right now.

Just so we're clear here I'm not actually wanting to inflict physical injury on anyone. I'm being hyperbolic for the purpose of expressing my rage at their ignorance and belligerence.

That is exactly the incorrect perception that's giving this machine a bad rap and something I was totally guilty of not too long ago and it needs to stop. The system is fucking awesome.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm ashamed to say I've never used Near.
It's weird, but it's kinda cool when you actually play games that use it. I liked getting trade requests for Uncharted, for example. Treasure Park is one of the only reasons I use it now, but I guess LBP will become a new reason.

VanWinkle

I am legitimately worried about the Vita's future, but meanwhile this fall is going to be really nice for me, with all of the games coming out. I will buy more games this fall on Vita than any other system I have.

Foxix Von

I wish Near had a better interface and was less, uh, cryptic.

I feel the same way about Treasure Park!

Oh god tell me about it. I just got around to trying out treasure park for the first time yesterday. After beating two puzzles I'm still not sure how it works, how I won, or what it is. o_O

In other news I feel like I've been lied to in regards to the quality of vita titles. I built up a little backlog after my system purchase and I've been incredibly surprised by the quality of every title I've run through. After I beat LBP I've been playing wipeout and Unit 13. 2048 is mind blowing for me and I only now just got around to downloading the HD packs. I kept hearing about how much it's just more of the same but in all honesty there really is enough to differentiate 2048 as being something unique among the wipeout games I've played. There's so much content in it too holy smokes. Unit 13 is desperately underrated as well. Really a fantastic game, tight controls, excellent mission structure, while it's cliched I still think it has fantastic usage of lighting and great color palette, and it's one of the few games designed around replay-ability that I actually am digging going back and running through previous levels again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom