• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally getting the chance to sit down and play the copy of MGS HD I rented earlier this week. Don't tell anyone that it's the first time I'm playing 2 and 3, you guys.

You know what to do.
Easily solved.
No money! ): I'm having to sell a few games to even pick up RE6 this Tuesday.

I wish Near had a better interface and was less, uh, cryptic.

I feel the same way about Treasure Park!
They both have awful interfaces. As good as this system is, a few of the things about it are pretty... not user friendly.

So is Ragnarok delayed? If so then I'll get Little Kings Story. Im desperate for a RPG for my Vita.
No idea. There seems to be a lack of communication between XSEED and everyone else, though. A bunch of sites have different dates. =/

LuchaShaq

Banned
Gamefly is sending me vita hot shots.

I've never played a hot shots game before to be honest but would like the tiger games for consoles if it wasn't for the insane microtransactions.

Anyone get into it? Is it rpg style like build your characters stats?

The f2p and mobile stuff is supposed to be this week to right?

Foxix Von

Welcome home.

Only this thread is safe.

I need a vitabro hug ;_;

I feel like such an ass. I'd spent all this time mocking the vita with my friends, saying it was pointless and poorly thought out machine with absolutely nothing redeeming about it... Now what's happened? It's my most played system and I'm starting to view my 3DS as being a relatively bad purchase in comparison.

I need a vitabro hug ;_;

I feel like such an ass. I'd spent all this time mocking the vita with my friends, saying it was pointless and poorly thought out machine with absolutely nothing redeeming about it... Now what's happened? It's my most played system and I'm starting to view my 3DS as being a relatively bad purchase in comparison.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug_zpsf3cd5e20.gif

I need a vitabro hug ;_;

I find my 3ds is gret or the 5 or so Nintendo games then everything kinda sucks. The vita meanwhile has some great 3rd party games too

zroid

Banned
I really need to get to work and finish LBP because next weekend Pokemon comes out. My gaming time for everything other than Pokemon will thereafter be reduced to nil for the next month or so. :J

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Now that SEGA (Vita biggest/best supporter) has bailed out,let hope Sony realize the situation and do something/go Iwata style super panic phoenix down mode.

I really need to get to work and finish LBP because next weekend Pokemon comes out. My gaming time for everything other than Pokemon will thereafter be reduced to nil for the next month or so. :J

LBP story mode is usually in the short side anyway..well LBP2 was super short.

And since you like pokemon try Folklore on PS3 (well if you have a PS3).

zroid

Banned
LBP story mode is usually in the short side anyway..well LBP2 was super short.

And since you like pokemon try Folklore on PS3 (well if you have a PS3).

I've been meaning to pick up Folklore for a while... it's a little hard to find right now on the cheap, but when I see it, I will!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What happened with Sega?

Their new UK based studio (Hardlight) which supposed to be a Vita focus studio will not make Vita games anymore but will focus on iOS/Win Phone 8/Android games,which I think it mean the company as a whole don't see Vita as a good platform for them anymore.

Their new UK based studio (Hardlight) which supposed to be a Vita focus studio will not make Vita games anymore but will focus iOS/Win Phone 8/Android games,which I think it mean the company as a whole don't see Vita as a good platform for them anymore.

Damn... That doesn't sound very good at all :/

kuroshiki

Their new UK based studio (Hardlight) which supposed to be a Vita focus studio will not make Vita games anymore but will focus on iOS/Win Phone 8/Android games,which I think it mean the company as a whole don't see Vita as a good platform for them anymore.

Uh. lol?

What did Sega release for vita? Virtua tennis and super monkey ball... and that's pretty much it. I would say Koei/Tecmo is better supporter of Vita then Sega ever did.

Wonko_C

Uh. lol?

What did Sega release for vita? Virtua tennis and super monkey ball... and that's pretty much it. I would say Koei/Tecmo is better supporter of Vita then Sega ever did.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, and the upcoming PSO2 are probably a big part of why Sega is being viewed as a big supporter of the console.

Uh. lol?

Project Diva f, Sonic and Sega Racing(soon), Phantasy Star Online 2, Jet Set Radio, Samurai & Dragons, and probably one or two more.

kuroshiki

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, the upcoming PSO2 are probably why Sega is being viewed as a big supporter of the console.

Oh yeah. totally forgot about them.

But hatsune Miku is JP exclusive and PSO2 is like... it's not even out man. Sega is certainly a supporter but I think they are one of those dev just testing water.

Takao

Banned
SEGA SUPPORT:

Virtua Tennis 4
Samurai & Dragons (Japan-only)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (Japan-only)
Jet Set Radio HD
Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed
Phantasy Star Online 2

Studio Hardlight Project (on hold)
Demon's Tribe (potentially)

Dantis

Last Deadmau5 level (Of the ones you start with, at least) on Soundshapes is awful. The gameplay is fine but the music was giving me a headache. Very glad that I'm done with that album.

Got Rayman and Everybody's Golf. I really feel like the Vita is the best way to play Rayman. The controls and the LED screen make it just fantastic.

On a less positive note, my rental of Little King's Story was meant to arrive today, but the Royal Mail are inept.

zroid

Banned
Does releasing a Monkey Ball game even count as support? I was all about it in the GC days but it's... so throwaway now.

Someone prove me wrong about Splitz.

Wait, does this mean they may cancel Jet Set for Vita?
If it is, Sega's preeetty dumb. The game is probably done at this point.

Does releasing a Monkey Ball game even count as support? I was all about it in the GC days but it's... so throwaway now.

I hear it's pretty bad, so... :lol

i forgot about jetset

It's out the 16th for Vita.
how dare you
don't worry it's not the superior game

Kazerei

Banned

I played the JPN demo, but it was pretty short: 3 normal stages, 3 challenge stages, and 3 mini-games. The level design and difficulty do seem better than other recent SMB games. The mini-games sucked ass though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wait, does this mean they may cancel Jet Set for Vita?

If it is, Sega's preeetty dumb. The game is probably done at this point.

No it's still on the way (with Sonic Racing 2 and PSO2) but this news might mean that SEGA will not announce any future projects for Vita(since the studio supposed to focus on Vita now is on iOS) like what was in TGS, they have serious money problem and can't throw more money on Vita like that and Sony being stubborn and don't want to cut the price don't help the situation too.

Sid

I think if the current vita situation continues we already know the entire exclusives lineup for next year which looks pretty good:

-Ys celceta
-Killzone mercenary
-Tearaway
-Gravity rush 2
-Uncharted portable 2(likely)
-Soul sacrifice
-Vita redesign for $199 with an uncharted bundle in the west and a gr2 one in japan.

I think if the current vita situation continues we already know the entire exclusives lineup for next year:

-Ys celceta
-Killzone mercenary
-Tearaway
-Gravity rush 2
-Soul sacrifice
-Vita redesign for $199 with an uncharted bundle in the west and a gr2 one in japan.

I'm sure we'll have more games than that. I gotta admit though, Q1 (Jan to end of March) looks bleak.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think if the current vita situation continues we already know the entire exclusives lineup for next year which looks pretty good:

-Ys celceta
-Killzone mercenary
-Tearaway
-Gravity rush 2
-Soul sacrifice

You forgot about Let's Fish! #Hooked On

And Wake Up Club.

Of course there will be other games.

-Ys celceta
-Killzone mercenary
-Tearaway
-Gravity rush 2
-Soul sacrifice

I wouldn't want a UCP2. Too much UCs as of lately lol.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't want a UCP2. Too much UCs as of lately lol.

Indeed. Certainly not in 2013 :(

2014, maybe...

I think with golden abyss being the highest selling vita title we are very likely to get more uc on the vita and it would be the perfect game to launch alongside a redesigned cheaper vita in the west.

A God of War would be better, IMO. Too bad Sony's blowing its load on Ascension. I still don't know why that game exists (in its current state, on PS3).

Sid

A God of War would be better, IMO. Too bad Sony's blowing its load on Ascension. I still don't know why that game exists (in its current state, on PS3).
Yeah more gow is always welcome but i think if there is one on the vita it will be in 2014 or later and as for why ascension exists it explains a very important point in kratos' life.

zroid

Banned
Yeah more gow is always welcome but i think if there is one on the vita it will be in 2014 or later and as for why ascension exists it explains a very important point in kratos' life.

Ascension should have been on Vita.

I think it's going to get completely ignored on PS3, while as a Vita game it could have been what really attracted people in North America to the system.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Indeed. Certainly not in 2013 :(

2014, maybe...

Well even If there is a GOW for Vita I think it will not be by Santa Monica, think about poor Bend or someone else( Ready at Dawn if they want to work on more GOWs or Nihilistic or Sparks).

Ascension should have been on Vita.

I think it's going to get completely ignored on PS3, while as a Vita game it could have been what really attracted people in North America to the system.

Not really,honestly GOW:A on PS3 is logical call from Sony side, you get most of the GOW fans on that platform,GOW3 was the only "new" GOW games for PS3, PS4 is not coming anytime soon and SCEA need something that guaranteed to sell a million copy or more.

zroid

Banned
I really don't think it's going to do that well. Sony's been shoving God of War down PS3 owners' throats for years, despite GoW3 being the only original title for the platform. Hell, I haven't even played GoW3 yet and I'm sick of the series on PS3.

A high-quality Vita iteration could have instilled new life into the series, while at the same time giving people in the west a seriously compelling reason to pick up a Vita.

Sid

I really don't think it's going to do that well. Sony's been shoving God of War down PS3 owners' throats for years, despite GoW3 being the only original title for the platform. Hell, I haven't even played GoW3 yet and I'm sick of the series on PS3.

A high-quality Vita iteration could have instilled new life into the series.
Ascension wil do great on the ps3 just like every gow game just wait for the marketing to kick in before release heck even the gow collection sold over 2 million and those are years old ps2 games,ssm didn't touch the psp and i doubt they'll do that for the vita.

Takao

Banned
No it's still on the way (with Sonic Racing 2 and PSO2) but this news might mean that SEGA will not announce any future projects for Vita(since the studio supposed to focus on Vita now is on iOS) like what was in TGS, they have serious money problem and can't throw more money on Vita like that and Sony being stubborn and don't want to cut the price don't help the situation too.

keep the faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom