• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
So you're saying a new gow on the ps3 will sell poorly?wow.

I think it will sell better than it would on Vita, but it won't have nearly the impact for Sony that it would on Vita (in terms of pushing hardware and third party support).

Also I should remind you that it's coming out in one of the most crowded quarters for home consoles in years. It's going to get buried.

Also I should remind you that it's coming out in one of the most crowded quarters for home consoles in years. It's going to get buried.
Yep, especially if people are already forgetting about it and don't have hype for it.

I just hope Sly 4 does very well. I love that franchise so much and it's so good to see it return.

Sid

I think it will sell better than it would on Vita, but it wouldn't have nearly the impact for Sony that it would on Vita (in terms of pushing hardware and third party support).

When has a gow game ever gotten buried?it's one of the biggest franchises,gow 2 came out in 2007 on the ps2 and still sold amazingly well.

Skyzard

Banned
You guys have any questions about Eufloria on psm?

Sorry for the late post!

I'm a huge fan of the gameplay in Eufloria and have been sorely missing it with only Galcon Labs to keep me company with similar gameplay (ps mini). I read eufloria for vita is an adventure type of game? Is it safe to say it will have familiar/faithful gameplay + concepts?

Really hoping it uses Touch controls to send seeds etc (if that is even part of it) as it was such a pain controlling it in galcon labs.

My girlfriend went out before to the supermarket to buy food for her packed lunches for when she starts her new job on Monday.

She also came back with this:

Grats, even if she does end up playing it a bit - great game!

-----
===--===-=--==-

Before I re-download LBP, would someone please confirm whether or not they can successfully use the "Update All" button in the Downloaded levels section in LBP? - Sorry to keep going on about it but haven't read anyone else mention the crash :S

Yeah, just saw the last page in that thread. I thought Sega killed DC because they were losing money on each system sold, if DC didn't make them burn money it very well couldve ended somewere around GC and Xbox levels, if not more.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah, just saw the last page in that thread. I thought Sega killed DC because they were losing money on each system sold, if DC didn't make them burn money it very well couldve ended somewere around GC and Xbox levels, if not more.

It doesn't really matter (what they say :) ), Sony isn't Sega, nor has the vita even had a price drop yet or a heavy marketing push which most people expect next year. Predictions before then aren't really worth shit. It's not like anyone expects the Vita to sell like hotcakes in this market without heavy ads anyway. That being said, I do hope they have at least 1-2 AAA titles for next year. High calibre, well produced SHOOTER games that the xbox market loves.

also I know you guys have lbp! :p please check the update all thing for me - it's a real pain doing it one by one (i've downloaded like 50 levels)

It doesn't really matter (what they say :) ), Sony isn't Sega, nor has the vita even had a price drop yet or a heavy marketing push which most people expect next year. Predictions before then aren't really worth shit. It's not like anyone expects the Vita to sell like hotcakes in this market without heavy ads anyway. That being said, I do hope they have at least 1-2 AAA titles for next year. High calibre, well produced SHOOTER games that the xbox market loves.

also I know you guys have lbp! :p please check the update all thing for me - it's a real pain doing it one by one (i've downloaded like 50 levels)

Indeed. Next year is everything or nothing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whoa whoa whoa, don't drag me into your perverted constantly changing avatar world. I'm just using my Agarest War Collectors pillow case. She got some drool on her, poor Ellis, let me get that for you.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one disappointed that he bailed out on the cow girl.

Miburou

I finally got a 32GB card and moved my US stuff to it, and am using my 16GB one for my Japanese account. There are tons more PSOne games on the JP store for the Vita! I want to buy Project DIVA (as I enjoyed it in the arcades), but those prices are insane!

MooMoo

Anyone know if Patapon 2 looks okay on the Vita? I know a lot of PSP games look fine but there are definitely a few that end up looking a little on the ugly side.

Omlagus

Now that I think everyone can agree on - if it stays in a slump for two years in a row it really is as good as dead.

What gets me though is that it hasn't even had a full year yet. Hell, people were declaring it dead in the first 3 months!

And yet I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a piece of hardware.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Now that I think everyone can agree on - if it stays in a slump for two years in a row it really is as good as dead.

I'd be happy if the Vita slumped like this 5 years in a row. Honestly don't think I've logged more hours into a system in a first year than with my Vita. Obviously not really feasible, of course support would dry up ala Dreamcast.

Yopis

Well since my 500gb hd died and I lost tons of songs I tried music unlimited trial. Not bad, dont know if I will keep it past trial, but it runs great on my Vita. Saves some storage space also.

Sid

What gets me though is that it hasn't even had a full year yet. Hell, people were declaring it dead in the first 3 months!

Well that's the thing us early adopters like it but there has to be a system seller which drives droves of people towards it.

Skyzard

Banned

I was off gaming sites for a while back then but I did hear the nintendo crowd got similarly ridiculed over the 3DS in the beginning? Is there a decent chance that most of the strongly dismissive negativity is a result of that?

;)

Apath

I wouldn't want a UCP2. Too much UCs as of lately lol.
UCP2 is to UC:GA as UC2 is to UC1. :D

But seriously, a sequel with multiplayer and more varied levels (and less touch control/motion gimmicks) would be great. I've really been enjoying playing Golden Abyss. Currently working my way through Crushing now, and then it's on to farming enemies for bounties for Platinum. The game has amazing legs for what it is.

Omlagus

I was off gaming sites for a while back then but I did hear the nintendo crowd got similarly ridiculed over the 3DS in the beginning? Is there a decent chance that most of the strongly dismissive negativity is a result of that?
Yeah from what I remember initially 3DS was looked at quite negatively. The difference, however, is that Nintendo responded with a fairly rapid price cut.
Sony doesn't seem to think the Vita needs one until next year at the earliest.

Doesn't quite explain the outright hate it seems to receive in some threads around here though.

No it's still on the way (with Sonic Racing 2 and PSO2) but this news might mean that SEGA will not announce any future projects for Vita(since the studio supposed to focus on Vita now is on iOS) like what was in TGS, they have serious money problem and can't throw more money on Vita like that and Sony being stubborn and don't want to cut the price don't help the situation too.

As long as Sega brings PSO2 here to the West, I'll be eternally happy.

Jesus, that Gamasutra thread.

Yeah, it's the typical, weekly Vita hate thread. Whatever, I posted early on before the shit storm hit and everyone keeps saying LUL NO GAMES KEKEKE over and over, meanwhile I'm overwhelmed with what I should buy for the Vita and what to hold off on - I have a budget so I can only afford so much these coming months.

just gonna say it again, in case people missed it : don't do it mang!

It's from the creators of Sega Bass Fishing though, and it looks like classic SBF gameplay. Sure it has shameless animu in it but ... what's wrong with that? As long as it performs well and scratches that fishing itch, on the Vita - I'm down.

Sid

UCP2 is to UC:GA as UC2 is to UC1. :D

But seriously, a sequel with multiplayer and more varied levels (and less touch control/motion gimmicks) would be great. I've really been enjoying playing Golden Abyss. Currently working my way through Crushing now, and then it's on to farming enemies for bounties for Platinum. The game has amazing legs for what it is.
Native res and smoother performance too would be appreciated.

Takao

Banned
Jesus, that Gamasutra thread.

I'd rather there be a singular shit thread you could just ignore. My beef is with the people that go into game announcement threads and be like "WHY ARE THEY RELEASING THIS ON VITA IT'S GOING TO SELL 10 COPIES LOLOLOLOLOLOL".

Massa

Yeah from what I remember initially 3DS was looked at quite negatively. The difference, however, is that Nintendo responded with a fairly rapid price cut.
Sony doesn't seem to think the Vita needs one until next year at the earliest.

Doesn't quite explain the outright hate it seems to receive in some threads around here though.

It's not that they don't think it needs a price cut or not, rather they simply can't afford to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom