• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

Native res and smoother performance too would be appreciated.

Agreed. The must be native res and any sacrifices that need to be made should be well thought out. The original game was a blurry, jaggy mess. They need to also copy the control scheme directly from Uncharted 2 and release that Uncharted-lite multiplayer we are all such fans of.

Cross compatibility with the next Uncharted will be fuck-awesome too. There is so much good will that can go into a sequel.

VanWinkle

Native res and smoother performance too would be appreciated.

Agreed on kenak's and your points. A new game with better IQ, multiplayer like UC2 (simple, but not too simple like Resistance Burning Skies, but a blast to play), and less touch and motion stuff would be amazing. I really liked Golden Abyss, but it certainly wasn't perfect.

Sid

I'd rather there be a singular shit thread you could just ignore. My beef is with the people that go into game announcement threads and be like "WHY ARE THEY RELEASING THIS ON VITA IT'S GOING TO SELL 10 COPIES LOLOLOLOLOLOL".
Dude just ignore them.

Agreed. The must be native res and any sacrifices that need to be made should be well thought out. The original game was a blurry, jaggy mess. They need to also copy the control scheme directly from Uncharted 2 and release that Uncharted-lite multiplayer we are all such fans of.

Cross compatibility with the next Uncharted will be fuck-awesome too. There is so much good will that can go into a sequel.
It was jagged sure but it didn't look like a blurry mess on the OLED itslef,looks pretty awesome but the iq leaves a lot to be desired.

Ponn

Banned
Watching Transformers the Movie while doing an essay. I really want to make a LBP level based on this. I'm hoping I can use custom stickers to make enemies, use my little Kreon figures for the pictures. Full of fan service.

Watching Transformers the Movie while doing an essay. I really want to make a LBP level based on this. I'm hoping I can use custom stickers to make enemies, use my little Kreon figures for the pictures. Full of fan service.
If they have a sticker of an explosion, you're halfway there!

You know whats awesome? Im working on a Blade Runner inspired level (not sure yet on the gameplay) but I was all worried about how am I gonna make the level full of signs, billboards and signs? I wanted both english, chinese and japanese signs. I also wanted an 80's retro feel to it. But I experimented, and using the in-game camera I created stickers of logos and retro signs by using google images. So awesome. Gawd I cant wait to start making it. Ill post a pic of something tonight to get your guys feedback. Maybe on the LBP thread instead of this one though. :)

Yeah, I guess they don't think many people are going to buy it so they are pricing it higher than normal. I'm just pulling this out of my ass though, so I could be completely wrong.

They realize it's a niche game that people probably don't mind paying an extra. Afterall it's a very very niche release.

Omlagus

It's not that they don't think it needs a price cut or not, rather they simply can't afford to do it.
Well, it's certainly true that they can't afford it, but I could have sworn I read some comment from Yoshida that they didn't think one was needed so soon. *shrug*

They realize it's a niche game that people probably don't mind paying an extra. Afterall it's a very very niche release.

That's actually poses an interesting question: would we, as Vita owners, be okay with paying $50-$60 for a Vita game, especially one from Japan where localization westward is risky if the higher price would guarantee a healthy profit for said company?

I mean, I would pay $50 for something like FF Type-0 or Godeater 2. I think....

Skyzard

Banned
No it's still on the way (with Sonic Racing 2 and PSO2) but this news might mean that SEGA will not announce any future projects for Vita(since the studio supposed to focus on Vita now is on iOS) like what was in TGS, they have serious money problem and can't throw more money on Vita like that and Sony being stubborn and don't want to cut the price don't help the situation too.

I'm not sure they were exactly the headquarters for vita development people were implying.

Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing Vita = (developed by) Sumo Digital

Jet Set Radio Vita = Smilebit

Super Monkey Ball Vita = Amusement Vision

It is a UK studio, might just be too costly to have them working on a big project...I guess Sega figured the vita would be doing better too (seeing how the decision was made before the release of two of those, smb being only out in Japan) but I wouldn't rule them out quite yet..

I'd rather there be a singular shit thread you could just ignore. My beef is with the people that go into game announcement threads and be like "WHY ARE THEY RELEASING THIS ON VITA IT'S GOING TO SELL 10 COPIES LOLOLOLOLOLOL".

Isn't that sort of a port beg? I see that happen a lot like with Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, and Killzone Mercenary, but nothing is done to those people. The big irony to that is those are the same people saying the Vita needs exclusives.

Mods please don't ban me for this, I am merely trying to get clarity. I know port begging is a bannable offense and what Takao is pointing out sounds a lot like port begging.

Isn't that sort of a port beg? I see that happen a lot like with Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, and Killzone Mercenary, but nothing is done to those people. The big irony to that is those are the same people saying the Vita needs exclusives.

Mods please don't ban me for this, I am merely trying to get clarity. I know port begging is a bannable offense and what Takao is pointing out sounds a lot like port begging.

It's all relative. A lot of mods only enforce port begging if it's to a Sony platform it seems. If it's port begging for something to go to the PC, it's awrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiitteeeeeeeeeeee

That's actually poses an interesting question: would we, as Vita owners, be okay with paying $50-$60 for a Vita game, especially one from Japan where localization westward is risky if the higher price would guarantee a healthy profit for said company?

I mean, I would pay $50 for something like FF Type-0 or Godeater 2. I think....

Depends on the game, but I certainly would pay $60 for a VC3 vita release. I mean, in most cases it's still cheaper than importing the original JP game.

Takao

Banned
PC port begging is a-okay because every game would run better on a PC than console.
So Vita port begging should be a-okay because every game would run better on Vita than 3DS.
But seriously, don't port beg. I beg for a hockey game (really slow European AR game doesn't count) because please EA.

Apath

It's all relative. A lot of mods only enforce port begging if it's to a Sony platform it seems. If it's port begging for something to go to the PC, it's awrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiitteeeeeeeeeeee
I remember for a long time there was port begging in just about every XBLA thread. Not all mods see all posts, and not all mods enforce rules consistently across all platforms/situations.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
It's from the creators of Sega Bass Fishing though, and it looks like classic SBF gameplay. Sure it has shameless animu in it but ... what's wrong with that? As long as it performs well and scratches that fishing itch, on the Vita - I'm down.

Hmm - perhaps i'll do a video review if i can get my kid off to sleep early. The fishing is -okay- but little more than that. The biggest annoyance is how sluggish (frame rate, menu navigation etc) everything is - it's not doing anything complex

Strange confession : i'm terrified of fish, i mean - shit scared of them. I ended up playing Get Bass and similar games as my "survival horror" gameplay fix ;)

Skyzard

Banned
Hmm - perhaps i'll do a video review if i can get my kid off to sleep early. The fishing is -okay- but little more than that. The biggest annoyance is how sluggish (frame rate, menu navigation etc) everything is - it's not doing anything complex

Strange confession : i'm terrified of fish, i mean - shit scared of them. I ended up playing Get Bass and similar games as my "survival horror" gameplay fix ;)

^ haha.. !

Shame about the framerate..definately, gameplay that poor? Guess it was a free app..haven't even played ecolibrium or w/e it was called. Looks ok but for the memory space....

daoster

PC port begging is a-okay because every game would run better on a PC than console.
So Vita port begging should be a-okay because every game would run better on Vita than 3DS.
But seriously, don't port beg. I beg for a hockey game (really slow European AR game doesn't count) because please EA.

Speaking of port begging...since Warrior's Lair is practically vaporware...I sure would love it if Torchlight 2 was brought over to the Vita...it's a game that would work really well...

So please Runic game?

Skyzard

Banned
Speaking of port begging...since Warrior's Lair is practically vaporware...I sure would love it if Torchlight 2 was brought over to the Vita...it's a game that would work really well...

So please Runic game?

I was thinking the same thing earlier today...also I just remembered a few pretty bad port begs of my own so will control that..but I can think of too many games I'd love to have on vita...it's basically all I use my twitter account for.. Also, the dyad post was pretty bad with the pic.

I felt U1/U2 weren't descriptive enough, and sound like the band. =P I guess it is kind of stupid to abbreviate Uncharted to UC though..

Ah, ok -- I wasn't connecting the dots... the UCP2 was what really threw me, though I suppose that could be Uncharted Portable 2? o_O

Well, it's pretty standard practise, tbh

If it's standard, it must be standard for people who never learned how to abbreviate... :lol

zroid

Banned
It's standard for people who realize it's the most sensible way to abbreviate Uncharted without being too ambiguous. ;P

Ponn

Banned
You know whats awesome? Im working on a Blade Runner inspired level (not sure yet on the gameplay) but I was all worried about how am I gonna make the level full of signs, billboards and signs? I wanted both english, chinese and japanese signs. I also wanted an 80's retro feel to it. But I experimented, and using the in-game camera I created stickers of logos and retro signs by using google images. So awesome. Gawd I cant wait to start making it. Ill post a pic of something tonight to get your guys feedback. Maybe on the LBP thread instead of this one though. :)

That sounds awesome, I would want to play that. I'm sure GAF will be great with feedback for you to.

I already have an end Unicron level in mind that will be epic if I can pull it off. I'm going to use some bounce pads to create that awesome Optimus Prime scene in the beginning of the movie. Y'all know which scene i'm talking about.

steveovig

This is a stupid, stupid question but if I delete a game bubble off the system, will my save data go along with it? Basically, I want to make some room on my paltry 4GB card by deleting a couple games but I don't want to delete their saves.

kuroshiki

This is a stupid, stupid question but if I delete a game bubble off the system, will my save data go along with it? Basically, I want to make some room on my paltry 4GB card by deleting a couple games but I don't want to delete their saves.

.........yeah. it does remove save files. So back the whole game up before you remove them.

Depends. If it's digital, the save is with the bubble and will be gone if deleted, unless you back it up. If it's a retail/card, I think the game saves onto the card. Back them up just in case, though.

Massa

You will lose the save files. In order to keep them just transfer the games to either a PS3 or PC.

Ponn

Banned

Yes, extremely likely. Use backup feature first all games, either to PC or PS3.

steveovig

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'm actually safe for now as all I wanted to play on the Vita was Jumping Flash and I found enough room by deleting a demo. It's nice to know that I can transfer the games to keep the saves as I know I'll need room soon probably.

Apath

Just bought a 32g card in anticipation for the next couple of months, my Vita is ready.

Also picked up Rayman, game is very pretty
I'm holding out for a possible holiday/black friday deal. I don't really need more space, but I'd like to be able to buy some PSN games as well as put some music on the system.

pa22word

I'm been planning on buying RE1 for my Vita, but after seeing the good games with bad music thread I have to ask: does it have the original music or the bastardized music?

OmegaZero

Well, I finally fixed my Vita's squeaky L button.
And all it took was a small screwdriver.

EDIT: Top of page post so buy Resistance Burning Skies and Ben 10 Galactic Racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom