• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have fond memories of the GCN game, so I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. Dated graphics aside.
I was a fan of the same game(but on the original Xbox), so the feelings mutual.

Expect I'm not interested in this one. Graphics are awful, looks more arcade-y, and I'm not so sure it'll hold up very well.

I mean, uh, Vita GOTY! Because really, what else does this system have? NOTHING AHAHAA

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, the changed music isn't that terrible but yes they changed the music and the intro is still censored. But it's the Dual-Shock version for $10 so I can't complain too loudly.

Playing Rayman Origins on Vita these days. What a great game and it looks so beautiful :)

Aaah. The one game I regret buying digital (and the reason why I avoid digital if I can). Totally would've sold it by now. Game just doesn't do it for me.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Holy shitballs - DJ Max Technica Tune.... it was going okay and -then- i get to stages where you have to press notes on the front whilst doing back panel pressing at the same time.

Brain farts each time. lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Holy shitballs - DJ Max Technica Tune.... it was going okay and -then- i get to stages where you have to press notes on the front whilst doing back panel pressing at the same time.

Brain farts each time. lol.

SO hyped for the US release of this. :|

E: Hatsune Miku shipped though, so that should hold me over.

VanWinkle

Well, I finally fixed my Vita's squeaky L button.
And all it took was a small screwdriver.

EDIT: Top of page post so buy Resistance Burning Skies and Ben 10 Galactic Racing.

Wait, what did you do? Mine's a little squeaky.

Edit: I am working on the Playstation Mobile OT. I should wait until we hear what the launch games are to post it, though, right guys?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wait, what did you do? Mine's a little squeaky.

Edit: I am working on the Playstation Mobile OT. I should wait until we hear what the launch games are to post it, though, right guys?
We'll know the launch games on the day of.
I guess it can't hurt to wait till then.

Takao

Banned
If you have stuff done already then by all means, go ahead. I barely started so I don't mind. I was going to delve into it once Sony actually released a launch lineup, but uhhh...

So I wanted an adventure game and I noticed tomb raider anniversary came out on psp. Holy crap it actually looks and plays really well. I'm surprised how good the graphics are on some of these psp games.

Also completed the god eater story line (still got the burst expansion story to go). That story is so anime mental haha. Makes no sense but fun none the less. Might save the burst part for another time but I'm kinda slightly hooked on the game still.

I have joined the Vita crew! GAME had LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 13 for £229 and I had £210~ of store credit so I jumped in :D Just ordered F1 2011 for £10 as well and I have a £10 voucher to use in store. Might get Lumines as it was only £14 without.

Lovely little machine, really good PSN integration.

Anyone played Metal Gear Solid PSOne on it? Very tempted to pick that up along with PixelJunk Monsters and God of War (the second one on PSP can't remember its full name).

I have joined the Vita crew! GAME had LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 13 for £229 and I had £210~ of store credit so I jumped in :D Just ordered F1 2011 for £10 as well and I have a £10 voucher to use in store. Might get Lumines as it was only £14 without.

Anyone played Metal Gear Solid PSOne on it? Very tempted to pick that up along with PixelJunk Monsters and God of War (the second one on PSP can't remember its full name).

Wow that's a really good deal..

Carl

Welcome to the club

Go buy Mutant Blobs Attack on PSN. And Velocity if you don't have it.

Metal Gear Solid is pretty good on Vita. Thing is, it uses the backtouch on Vita as L2/R2. Takes a bit of getting used to. Still, i thought it worked well :)

LuchaShaq

Banned
I really hope Sony steals the microsoft policy of mandatory demos for download only games.

I would probably buy 4-5X as much on psn for my vita if more/all games had demos.

Hell even just selling press capture kits so I could watch quicklooks of games would make me more likely to buy more stuff.

Quick question about Persona 4: Golden. I'm kind of curious about it, but I've never played any of the Persona games before. Does anyone know if familiarity with the first three games will matter? Should I check out those out first? And, if I should, how do they look on the Vita's screen?

Foshy

Nice! Be warned though, F1 2011 is nothing more than a 3DS port and it doesn't look very good. It's still a fun game, however :)

And yeah, get Lumines.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Quick question about Persona 4: Golden. I'm kind of curious about it, but I've never played any of the Persona games before. Does anyone know if familiarity with the first three games will matter? Should I check out those out first? And, if I should, how do they look on the Vita's screen?

First two games are very very different and I personally don't care for them at all even though 4 is my favorite game of all time. (I rarely like jrpgs)

Persona 3 fes/portable are both amazing games for me and VERY similar to Persona 4 gameplay/system, wise but the only thing that carries over really is a guy who sells stuff on tv and a few tiny tiny references. Very much worth playing.

Persona 3 portable looks great on my vita.

If you play both, they feed into persona 4 arena (console only fighting game with a visual novel component) which has a nice story as well.

Takao

Banned

You can head into P4 without the others.

Nice! Be warned though, F1 2011 is nothing more than a 3DS port and it doesn't look very good. It's still a fun game, however :)

And yeah, get Lumines.

Yeh I wasn't expecting much but its only £10 and reviews were mostly ok! Quite interested in Virtua Tennis 4 but it seems to be quite expensive at the moment

VanWinkle

If you have stuff done already then by all means, go ahead. I barely started so I don't mind. I was going to delve into it once Sony actually released a launch lineup, but uhhh...

No that's alright. I probably have even less than you done, and I work or go to school literally every day, so I don't have much time for it anyway. You can go ahead and do it. Thanks for the offer, though.

sajj316

Keeping in line with all this PSM talk, what iOS/ Android games would you like to see on PSM? Would they benefit from actual buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom