• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Keeping in line with all this PSM talk, what iOS/ Android games would you like to see on PSM? Would they benefit from actual buttons?

Dead trigger seemed super interesting but controlled like utter garbage on my phone.

Basically any interesting game that was hampered by LOLful virtual sticks.

Carl

We'll get that too but there have been good iOS games. What do you think Super Crate Box is?

I know, i know. I meant i don't particularly /want/ any particular mobile games. I don't really know of any anyway, since i rarely play games on my phone.

Keeping in line with all this PSM talk, what iOS/ Android games would you like to see on PSM? Would they benefit from actual buttons?

Civ rev. But not because of buttons. I like it as touch. I just want to play it on my vita.

The gameloft fps's like nova 3 and the upcoming modern combat 4. Sure the stories are trash but the play fairly stable online compared to the likes of resistance. I'd give them a go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it bad that I feel like selling my 3DS and games to fund more Vita buys? I haven't done anything but Find Mii on my 3DS for like, 2 months.

zroid

Banned
Is it bad that I feel like selling my 3DS and games to fund more Vita buys? I haven't done anything but Find Mii on my 3DS for like, 2 months.

You should pick up Denpa Men. Awesome little RPG that's reminiscent of Find Mii in a lot of ways (instead of collecting Miis with StreetPass, you collect Denpa Men by finding new Wi-Fi networks). Also don't forget Code of Princess is out in about a week, as well as the Pokemon companion apps. Prof. Layton 5 at the end of October, followed by Paper Mario in mid November.

If none of those entice you, then yeah, I guess you can't be blamed for wanting to get rid of it.

Oh, almost forgot about Epic Mickey! The definitive Epic Mickey game :p

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I did that months before the XL was announced assuming I'd just grab an XL (because I found the original 3DS so uncomfortable) when it came out. Haven't had the desire to go get one since mainly due to the amount of time I'm spending on my Vita.

Honestly it's not really a bad thing. It's better to just get rid of something you don't feel like using, and if you're not interested in anything coming out in like the next half year or so, you might as well just sell the thing.

OmegaZero

Wait, what did you do? Mine's a little squeaky.

What did you do exactly? Mine is squeaky as well :/

I have a squeaky L button. Boo hiss.

Okay, so apparently the reason for the squeak is that one side is screwed on too tight. To fix this, you'll need a small, precision screwdriver (I used a Wiha Philips #00 x 40mm).

First, flip your Vita over (preferably resting on something soft or holding it in a safe manner above something soft). You should notice four holes near the corners of the Vita. These are the way to access the screws that allow you to remove the battery (although you'll also need to remove four additional screws on the top and bottom too). The screws that you'll be working on can be seen here highlighted by the red squares:

00.jpg

Anyway, locate which shoulder button is having an issue. If it's the L button, then the screws you'll want to work with are the ones on the right side of the flipped-over Vita.

Now here's where the magic happens: take your screwdriver and start to remove the screws on your chosen side. Start with the one closest to the shoulder button and press the button as you do this until you hear the squeaking go away. Then loosen up the lower screw a teeny bit to be safe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just want an eReader app from PS Mobile. Give it a inverted color option so it isn't bright white/black text and we're golden.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

2 months is nothing. If you expect to play the next zelda, the next Pokemon, the next mario, you might as well keep it.

Just put it in a drawer until something comes out for it.

spats

I just want an eReader app from PS Mobile. Give it a inverted color option so it isn't bright white/black text and we're golden.

I want the leg massage game and Lemmings. Too bad Finland isn't getting PSM next week and probably never getting the leg massage game. :,(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2 months is nothing. If you expect to play the next zelda, the next Pokemon, the next mario, you might as well keep it.

Just put it in a drawer until something comes out for it.

I thought about this...But I'm not sure how much I care yet. I should probably just keep it until they come out and judge from there. :p

Don't you want Paper Mario?

Man, what's wrong with you people. Paper Mario is god tier!

I can play Paper Mario on a console. Just like Mario Kart, Link to the Past, and Luigi's Mansion.

Why would I want ported down console experiences on a handheld?

I'm kidding.

Kinda.

I've always found it funny that the same anti-Vita arguments can be applied to the 3DS, but never are.

=P

zroid

Banned
lol, the so-called "anti-Vita arguments" are mostly applied to actual console ports.

Except for Star Fox and OoT, the 3DS games are unique (and even those are remakes of games from more than a decade ago, not ports of games from current consoles).

Uncharted is pretty much the original title that got that reputation because it's a very cinematic game that is seen as suited for consoles.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't you want Paper Mario?

Man, what's wrong with you people. Paper Mario is god tier!

It's alright for what it is. It's the most simple RPG series I've ever played, so much that it's hard to get into sometimes because there's no thought involved at all. I'd get it if I had a 3DS but it's not something that would make me buy or keep the system if I wanted to get rid of it.

Bittercup

Okay, so apparently the reason for the squeak is that one side is screwed on too tight. To fix this, you'll need a small, precision screwdriver (I used a Wiha Philips #00 x 40mm).
Many thanks :)
Unfortunately I don't have a fitting screwdriver to test it right now but I will give it a try the next time I visit my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom