• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad that I feel like selling my 3DS and games to fund more Vita buys? I haven't done anything but Find Mii on my 3DS for like, 2 months.

I'm advising against selling any console which hasn't finished it's life cycle. But then again i never felt unhappy with any machine i own :)

As for selling games i sell stuff i won't be playing anymore all the time to fuel my next purchases.

Little Big Planet looks really great on the Vita, good lighting, materials and shadows.

It is pretty annoying though that it requires a friend to send you a picture in the story campaign. Now I have to wait for a picture and can't play it or anything else, or I will have to play the level again. If anyone here feels like sending me a picture, please do (MaimTron9000): BY THE POWER OF GAF!

Bride of Pinbot (Pinball Arcade) is awesome, I've played it before on Visual PinMame and it is really nice to have a portable version. Medieval Madness is a cool machine that I haven't played before.

This afternoon I was in a store and a guy and his girlfriend were looking at the Vita section. "This was a really bad buy", he said, "there's nothing coming out for this thing.". I was half-tempted to say the total number of games you can play on it is almost a thousand, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Hey vita people,

I have a quick question regarding multi-region play on vita:
a) Is it correct to say there is currently no way to put games from different regions on the same card and switch between regions without reformatting the card?
b) If a) is correct, is there any way to do multi-region without losing everything? Is having a dedicated card for each region enough? Would you still have to switch and format something (maybe requiring a third card as a buffer for reformating?)

Takao

Banned
Hey vita people,

I have a quick question regarding multi-region play on vita:
a) Is it correct to say there is currently no way to put games from different regions on the same card and switch between regions without reformatting the card?
b) If a) is correct, is there any way to do multi-region without losing everything? Is having a dedicated card for each region enough? Would you still have to switch and format something (maybe requiring a third card as a buffer for reformating?)

a) This is correct.
b) A dedicated memory card for each region would be enough. Though the placement of your bubbles will be reset if you eject the card, and you have to do system set up all over again.

Just note, this is just for PSN stuff. You can import physical games and play them without issue unless they have a PSN component (DLC, or online play).

We have a Media Create thread on GAF. ;)

[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2 (SCE) - 24,648 / 49,674
[PS3] LittleBigPlanet (SCE) - 51,705 / 131,705

[PSP] LittleBigPlanet Portable (SCE) - 4116 / 16,250

Some context. First number is first week, second number is life time. Japan, and retail only.

Wait, if LBP Vita sold 200K in its first week then its doing a whole lot better than previous LBP's.

Edit: misread that. Ouch 6000 sold? Well at least it's better than PSP LBP.

it sold 6k, the article was worded weird.

Yup, caught that. I don't see the bad news though. It outsold PSP LBP, the only other portable LBP experience. That's actually good numbers considering there are a lot less vitas out there than PSP's when that version launched.

Did people expect console numbers?

Apath

Has anyone beaten Uncharted on Crushing difficulty? I literally have had no problems throughout the ENTIRE game with touch screen swiping, but suddenly on the final boss fight in chapter 34 the game tells me I miss my swipe at least 25% of the time. I must have tried the final boss fight 30 times now, and I can't get past the first 20 seconds of it. I've beaten the game probably four times now, and for some reason I suddenly cant do it.

I feel like recording myself, because I am doing the gestures but it's telling me they're wrong. I'd seriously pay someone at this point to do it for me, because apparently I am completely incapable (despite having no issues with the Dante fight).

Noi

Has anyone beaten Uncharted on Crushing difficulty? I literally have had no problems throughout the ENTIRE game with touch screen swiping, but suddenly on the final boss fight in chapter 34 the game tells me I miss my swipe at least 25% of the time. I must have tried the final boss fight 30 times now, and I can't get past the first 20 seconds of it. I've beaten the game probably four times now, and for some reason I suddenly cant do it.

I feel like recording myself, because I am doing the gestures but it's telling me they're wrong. I'd seriously pay someone at this point to do it for me, because apparently I am completely incapable (despite having no issues with the Dante fight).

That final boss fight is some shit. I suggest taking a break and trying it again later, because attempting it that many times in a row only ended up making me worse at the QTE part. Hell, I went right into chapter select and did the fight on Crushing right after I beat Hard, just because I had it fresh in my mind.

Apath

^Had difficulties with it, let my bro do it for me lol.
What did he do? I've beaten this without any problems several times now, but suddenly when I swipe with the pattern it just doesn't work. Does crushing have some like 1% error margin or something? -_- This is beyond frustrating.
That final boss fight is some shit. I suggest taking a break and trying it again later, because attempting it that many times in a row only ended up making me worse at the QTE part. Hell, I went right into chapter select and did the fight on Crushing right after I beat Hard, just because I had it fresh in my mind.
I'm actually at my third attempt at this. The first time I went straight from chapter 21 to the fight and couldn't get past, got frustrated, and gave up. Tried a second time and after around 10-15 failures I gave up. I am now on the third try, and it just isn't working.

Twinduct

Gah. Recent Vita doom and gloom is getting to me. Don't want this hardware to die of not getting support :/

The Rebel FM podcast got to me :|

Noi

I'm actually at my third attempt at this. The first time I went straight from chapter 21 to the fight and couldn't get past, got frustrated, and gave up. Tried a second time and after around 10-15 failures I gave up. I am now on the third try, and it just isn't working.

Yeah, I have no real advice other than "keep at it". Remember that you don't have to swipe across the screen over the pattern, as long as you do the motion anywhere on the screen it'll count. As much as I like the game, the QTE fights are by far it's biggest failing. I remember one time I failed the very, very last swipe, and man was I pissed.

Gah. Recent Vita doom and gloom is getting to me. Don't want this hardware to die of not getting support :/

Just don't let it get to you. If you personally enjoy your time with something, doom and gloom concerning it shouldn't be a problem. Just avoid it! ^^

Noi

The 3DS is supposedly doing better yet I've slowly gotten rid of my games for it cause they bore the hell out of me. The Vita is alreay dead yet has a new something come out every month that I want to buy.

Eye of the Beholder, etc.

Twinduct

Just don't let it get to you. If you personally enjoy your time with something, doom and gloom concerning it shouldn't be a problem. Just avoid it! ^^

I know and I've been living with it like that. But the recent events with media actually jumping on the wagon (not just random fanboys) is just disheartening to me. At worst case I just want to have some higher software success than PSP.

If it helps it was Anthony and Auther from RebelFM. No idea on their stance on the vita before TGS.

The 3DS is supposedly doing better yet I've slowly gotten rid of my games for it cause they bore the hell out of me. The Vita is alreay dead yet has a new something come out every month that I want to buy.

Eye of the Beholder, etc.

Lol, I don't even own a 3DS. Might pick one up next year (for MH). Although I imagine that decision will mostly be based on if MH4 is going Wii U or not.

I also think it's mostly just 'figures' and .. I guess facts getting me down. Do I believe it's dead? Not really. Do I have supportive facts to suggest it's not? Not really.

You guys really need to keep calm and carry on. When websites and podcasts that aren't nototiously anti-Sony start massively shitting on the Vita, then you can worry.

But Rebel FM? Giant Bomb? Come on, there's nothing Sony could do with the Vita that could please those guys.

Twinduct

You guys really need to keep calm and carry on. When websites and podcasts that aren't nototiously anti-Sony start massively shitting on the Vita, then you can worry.

But Rebel FM? Giant Bomb? Come on, there's nothing Sony could do with the Vita that could please those guys.

Yeah I don't really care for GB. I like the podcast, as it's mostly one of the few 2-3 hour weekly podcasts around, so mostly use it as white noise for work.
Just sad. Been avoiding it most of the time, but just crept up on me today.

Carl

Okay, according to Fred Dutton (EU Playstation.Blog Manager) we can expect "a big post early next week" detailing everything about PSM including launch titles. So maybe they're not waiting til Wednesday after all.

Honestly, LBPVita saved the handheld for me, it truly made me fall on love with the handheld again. I look at the next couple of months ahead and I easily see at least one new game a month for me. No doom and gloom for me.

Now, 2013 has me concerned, especially Q1.

Takao

Banned
Okay, according to Fred Dutton (EU Playstation.Blog Manager) we can expect "a big post early next week" detailing everything about PSM including launch titles. So maybe they're not waiting til Wednesday after all.

Tuesday 11:59PM

Yeah I don't really care for GB. I like the podcast, as it's mostly one of the few 2-3 hour weekly podcasts around, so mostly use it as white noise for work.
Just sad. Been avoiding it most of the time, but just crept up on me today.

Your attitude for the Vita fits pretty well with your avatar... just saying :p

Honestly, LBPVita saved the handheld for me, it truly made me fall on love with the handheld again. I look at the next couple of months ahead and I easily see at least one new game a month for me. No doom and gloom for me.

Sly Cooper and probably those Gung ho titles, not bad IMHO

So how do you guys think Sony could improve the vita for a future hardware iteration?

I'm thinking make it slightly smaller, 8-16gb flash memory onboard, video out for press, and obviously the usual cost cutting of the insides

Noi

So how do you guys think Sony could improve the vita for a future hardware iteration?

I'm thinking make it slightly smaller, 8-16gb flash memory onboard, video out for press, and obviously the usual cost cutting of the insides

Screw the press, I want video out just so I can stream my games/record video. :|

I'd be great to have
- Video output
- Relocate the speakers NOT beneath your thumbs
- Gorilla glass

zroid

Banned

Great bloody game it is. I love it in spite of the relentless touch controls, which says a lot, I think.

Here's hoping people buy it.

Sid

I think they'll go with a high quality 5" LCD,thinner and lighter model and the usual cost cutting on the innards,no video out though since most games won't look quite as nice on an hdtv and several websites will post that as breaking news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom