• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be posting in that thread a little more, but I can't articulate my thoughts without looking like a blubbering idiot. ;_;

Do we know if RE/2/3(Nemesis) will be arriving on PSN/Vita, for NA, to coincide with the RE6 launch on console?

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly, really want to go back and replay these originals.

I no longer have the PS1, nor do i have a PS3....
Actually, I think they are going up on Tuesday! ^^

Massa

The same thing happened with Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3, people flinging shit both ways, constantly. Ultimately bish just made a garbage dump of a thread for all the shit flinging so the other threads stayed moderately clean. Maybe they could make a 'lol Vita is a stillborn failure'-thread so all the game-specific and Vita announcement threads would remain readable. I don't really know if that would work.

It's a shame the mods are not more proactive about maintaining a higher level with these discussions. It's only gonna get worse in the next year with new consoles coming out and the fanboys having at it.

Oh well, Off Topic forum is always there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do we know if RE/2/3(Nemesis) will be arriving on PSN/Vita, for NA, to coincide with the RE6 launch on console?

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly, really want to go back and replay these originals.

I no longer have the PS1, nor do i have a PS3....

...You can already play them?

If you buy a PS3

Twinduct

I would be posting in that thread a little more, but I can't articulate my thoughts without looking like a blubbering idiot. ;_;
^

Well not like you would stand out at this stage. At this stage you can roll your head on the keyboard and in some weird fashion, you would actually be adding to the topic.

Kyon

Banned
I had to get out of that thread. SMH

So speaking of AC:L

Anyone else thought about a Watch_Dogs Vita spin off? * . *

Well not like you would stand out at this stage. At this stage you can roll your head on the keyboard and in some weird fashion, you would actually be adding to the topic.
You might be onto something here! :p I tried talking to someone about upcoming RPGs, and got told F2P games don't count by one guy*He responded!* and the other responded but ultimately got buried under the now talk.

New & Tasty looks incredible. Day one, all over my Vita!!!
That is such an awesome name.

If this happens = OMG ^_^ + (^ * ~* ^)

:3 + iYaY! = {*v*}
And here's proof!

PSone On Vita: (40 titles in all) Lots of Capcom stuff (Megaman, RE, Dino Crisis),Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy Tactics, Parasite Eve 1, Parasite Eve 2, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Mana, Tomb Raider games

spats

All the talk about lol console ports fails to mention that it's a repeat of the PSP1 situation. And you know what? I loved the PSP console ports (well some of them) to death. So I'm completely fine if the system becomes another port machine and doesn't get exclusives for me. (YEAH BABY!)

I agree. The PSP had a shocking amount of portable versions of home console games like Army of Two, Dante's Inferno, Tron Legacy, Burnout Legends etc. and a surprising amount of them were well made and lots of fun. I loved that.

Takao

Banned
I agree. The PSP had a shocking amount of portable versions of home console games like Army of Two, Dante's Inferno, Tron Legacy, Burnout Legends etc. and a surprising amount of them were well made and lots of fun. I loved that.

Those weren't ports but completely separate games IIRC. Army of Two was an over head shooter like Killzone Liberation.

spats

Those weren't ports but completely separate games IIRC. Army of Two was an over head shooter like Killzone Liberation.

I wasn't strictly talking about ports, I have the Tron Legacy PSP game which was recently for sale on the EU store.

W1SSY

I like them too, my daughter also

For the most part they are fine but I hated the mine level in which you control the whole level using the back touch. Even with the cursor showing the location of my finger I still struggled to be as precise as I know I would be with an analog stick.

zroid

Banned
I hated the mine level in which you control the whole level using the back touch. Even with the cursor showing the location of my finger I still struggled to be as precise as I know I would be with an analog stick.

ugh, that sounds terrible ,_,

dreading it

TheSeks

Dante's Inferno is a 360/PS3/PC port on PSP? Maybe want...

Apath

The Vita does need a way to disable the back touch per game, it is really annoying in Motorstorm RC, for instance. I keep accidently flipping the menu panels.
The back touch pad has turned out to be a pretty poor feature. It makes the system mildly difficult to hold, it scratches very easily, and I've yet to use it in a game and go "Wow, this thing is actually pretty useful!" I thought they would have clever implementations for it, or at the very least let you use it for gestures in the browser.

zroid

Banned
The back touch pad has turned out to be a pretty poor feature. It makes the system mildly difficult to hold, it scratches very easily, and I've yet to use it in a game and go "Wow, this thing is actually pretty useful!" I thought they would have clever implementations for it, or at the very least let you use it for gestures in the browser.

I think Tearaway might be that one key title but we'll see. I'm not entirely sold on it yet, even though it looks cool.

TheSeks

they do now since 1.80/PSXP emulation update, I thought?

Also someone should edit this and make a garbage thread. In fact, I probably should PM a mod about slapping a PSP2 vs ... uh... a 3DS? Phones? NeoGAF? thread up. Put everything onto that while keeping Bish's head and copying his opening post in that thread. Would save a lot of time and effort.

Chesskid1

Banned
i downloaded the LBPV demo because i wanted to see what the demo was like, what levels they show, etc.

obviously, the demo overwrites the main game and it deleted my save file.

had the game completed and had the first would 100%.

not a big deal, but whatever. at least i know now. wanted to replay everything to ace the later levels anyways so i can just not play the next level until i ace the previous one, so really not too bad in this instance.

zroid

Banned
i downloaded the LBPV demo because i wanted to see what the demo was like, what levels they show, etc.

not a big deal, but whatever.

amazing, lol

not a big deal, but whatever. at least i know now.

mothereffin ouch. I need to go ahead and back up my Vita again.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Wow.

spats

not a big deal, but whatever.

That's brutal, sorry to hear. Thanks for the heads up.

ZeroAKA

Damn, that's awful. There really needs to be a warning for these types of things.

Takao

Banned
I'd quote you ChessKid, but like everyone else has so I won't. All I'm gonna say is you're taking it better than I would have, lol.

zroid

Banned
That's worth cross-posting to the lbp thread..devs there now too..doubt anything could be done now of course though..

It's not really surprising though given how the Vita bubble OS treats its save files. It's definitely going to be the same for every game/demo.

Probably worth adding to the OP of this thread, however.

not a big deal, but whatever. at least i know now. wanted to replay everything to ace the later levels anyways so i can just not play the next level until i ace the previous one, so really not too bad in this instance.

if i were you, no trashcan would be safe from my rage.

Noi

Also someone should edit this and make a garbage thread. In fact, I probably should PM a mod about slapping a PSP2 vs ... uh... a 3DS? Phones? NeoGAF? thread up. Put everything onto that while keeping Bish's head and copying his opening post in that thread. Would save a lot of time and effort.

Technically, one was already made. Though I wish people instead took EvilLore's advice when he closed the Smash Bros. vs PS-AllStars thread.

Kurod

Banned
New & Tasty looks incredible. Day one, all over my Vita!!!

It certainly does, and it's only a pre-alpha build. The new sound bytes disappointed me a bit; I guess I'm just a bit too nostalgic for the classic "hello", "okay", *fart* sounds.

I am surprised how much I ended up using the touch control for PSP games. It's really nice for opening menus quickly in rpgs. Mapping start and select to touch is great because on the Vita system they feel like the most awkward buttons to press normally.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So how do you guys think Sony could improve the vita for a future hardware iteration?

I'm thinking make it slightly smaller, 8-16gb flash memory onboard, video out for press, and obviously the usual cost cutting of the insides

No internal storage is fucking insane. Has to have 4-8 gigs minimum just for saves.

Video out is vital for me. 90%+ of my purchases are based on demos/guicklooks (or if need be bootleg quick looks) and most vita games don't have either.

I still hate the ergonomics of the system/the sticks are too small but I don't think they can solve that without making it silly large/ugly so it's kinda on me to get a handles/case combo.

A toggle to disable back touch for all games would be great. I never want to use back touch, and it's even worse to hold the system and avoid touching that giant area.

Apath

If they do I am unable to figure them out. I was trying to scroll by swiping the read touch pad, but nothing happened. I tried two fingers in all directions, tapping, pinching, etc.

Ponn

Banned
No internal storage is fucking insane. Has to have 4-8 gigs minimum just for saves.

Video out is vital for me. 90%+ of my purchases are based on demos/guicklooks (or if need be bootleg quick looks) and most vita games don't have either.

I still hate the ergonomics of the system/the sticks are too small but I don't think they can solve that without making it silly large/ugly so it's kinda on me to get a handles/case combo.

A toggle to disable back touch for all games would be great. I never want to use back touch, and it's even worse to hold the system and avoid touching that giant area.

I hear video out and HDMI and that would be cool but I really don't want to deal with cords. What might make me interested in a PS4 would be if you could stream your Vita gameplay to a PS4 for playing on your TV. That I would be interested in.

Skyzard

Banned
It's not really surprising though given how the Vita bubble OS treats its save files. It's definitely going to be the same for every game/demo.

Probably worth adding to the OP of this thread, however.

That's a good point actually, definitely should mention it I think so too.

darkwing

If they do I am unable to figure them out. I was trying to scroll by swiping the read touch pad, but nothing happened. I tried two fingers in all directions, tapping, pinching, etc.

in the Vita browser? this is the only app that works, swiping up or down, or auto scrolling

Man... I think whenever I see a vita thread except this one ill just try and ignore it. I dot understand why people are just being malicious against the platform.

I mean I get the actual discussion about sales etc but the blatant disregard for facts and just... Trolling if the console is ridiculous. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom