• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
you do not want to play let's golf, hero of sparta, and nova?

I'm not a fan of Gameloft. And I already played hero of sparta, it was...alright.

If they were to do an Ambassador program, which I highly doubt, it would probably be more along the lines of 3 months free PS plus, which I would be fine with.

haikira

You mean hot shots, god of war and halo?

"Shh! You want to get sued?"

treehouseofhorrorv425kdz.png

daoster

While a price cut is much welcome...

A: It misses this vital holiday season, which I've already voiced my concern about and
B: IF you're not going to cut it this year anyways, why announce it now, RIGHT before the holiday season, so that potential customers will hold off on buying it?

MIND boggling.

Takao

Banned
get a choice of 3 free vita games*

selection includes reality fighters, little deviants, resistance: burning skies and smart as

A: It misses this vital holiday season, which I've already voiced my concern about and
B: IF you're not going to cut it this year anyways, why announce it now, RIGHT before the holiday season, so that potential customers will hold off on buying it?

MIND boggling.

A. It wan't an announcement but something said in an interview
B. He didn't say price cut next tear just eventually and not this year

Noi

I'm not a fan of Gameloft. And I already played hero of sparta, it was...alright.

If they were to do an Ambassador program, which I highly doubt, it would probably be more along the lines of 3 months free PS plus, which I would be fine with.

Maybe a bit more PS+ time. Though that kind of "reward" would just inevitably bring in the 3DS comparisons, like "why did Nintendo give me games no one else can get but Sony only gives us 3 month rentals?"

Is anyone hyped for Sony Bend's next game and if they make one Ready at Dawn's Vita game?

I think Ready at Dawn were one of the best developers for the Psp. Daxter is my favorite of the Jak and Daxter series. Their GOW games were amazing as well.

Rockstar is another developer that put out a great psp effort and it would be interesting to see what they would make with a Vita game.

Supposedly a Bioshock game will happen and hopefully a good WRPG makes it to the Vita. I mean a game similar to Diablo 2, Jade Empire, or Skyrim would be nice.

People are saying that the Vita could not run Oblivion or Skyrim but surely it could run Morrowind could it not? So a TES (or WRPG) made for the Vita is certainly not impossible.

daoster

A. It wan't an announcement but something said in an interview
B. He didn't say price cut next tear just eventually and not this year

Fair enough on not announcing it, but..as for point B

The executive confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo that a price reduction is coming in 2013, but precisely when it will be introduced is "still under discussion".

zroid

Banned
There will definitely not be an Ambassador program from Sony. They've already done this last year after the hack, and a price drop one year from release really isn't abnormal at all.

darkwing

MIND boggling.

it wasn't an announcement, he said it would be coming eventually, people took it and spin the statement around?

Skyzard

Banned
People are saying that the Vita could not run Oblivion or Skyrim but surely it could run Morrowind could it not?

I'd imagine pretty easily if it was ever ported, especially if these are the system requirements. I'd love to see a huge, decently open-world game too, just to set the bar if nothing else.

Carl

He said "There won't be a price cut this year" basically saying that, if there is one, it'll be next year. He did not confirm a price drop for next year, although there will probably be one, and it's quite obvious.

Li Kao

if you act soon you get modnation racers: road trip absolutely free

Me me me ! What, I'm always late on giveways and free codes, so even if it's a joke I will be forever remembered as the man who stood up and greedily said "do want".
And it can't be thaaattt shitty ? :-S

Skyzard

Banned
Me me me ! What, I'm always late on giveways and free codes, so...

Well, it's not totally devoid of fun, especially for free...

=-=-=-

I'm really hoping we hear some Retro City Rampage news in the next day or so, he's ramped it up the last few weeks in his twitter feed and now he says he's working on the launch trailer (like 2 hours ago).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I hope this price cut news doesn't start "Ambassador program or bust" bullshit.

It's alright guys - Nintendo fans will go through it for the Wii U and an ambassador program - no one wants one or two original games and a ton of ports apparently so that should mean the WiiU is fucked too ! ;)

zroid

Banned
It's alright guys - Nintendo fans will go through it for the Wii U and an ambassador program - no one wants one or two original games and a ton of ports apparently so that should mean the WiiU is fucked too ! ;)

Console wars are serious business

Skyzard

Banned
Btw does anyone have an idea of when we should expect to hear announcements for games releasing in Q3/4 2013?

Is it usually 6 months or 3 months where you hear an announcement before a game's release?

Takao

Banned
Me me me ! What, I'm always late on giveways and free codes, so even if it's a joke I will be forever remembered as the man who stood up and greedily said "do want".

It was an Ambassador's Program joke. No free games from me I'm afraid, lol.

Ocaso

This is the quote:

He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling. "

I'm not sure where, if anywhere he mentioned next year, but it's obvious a price cut arrives eventually. This year's bundles are de facto price cuts provided you already intended to buy any of the games included, so I don't think knowledge that eventually hardware will decrease in price should dissuade anyone. It really sounds like this "news" was taken wholly out of context.

If I was looking for a 16GB memory card, is there a deal or sale out there that I'm not seeing? Have been waiting for the prices on those to drop since launch, doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. So I figured I should just get it over with. As much as I would like a 32GB I don't think it's worth so many extra bones for me personally.
Thoughts, suggestions?

Skyzard

Banned
Haha....yeah probably T_T
I think I can be totally good with the 16GB.
Currently rocking a 4GB haha and the more stuff I get digitally the more I like it.

I don't blame you, should do you well for a while longer...just hope SCEA don't dish out some major PSN sales this christmas or you might be in the same position in a few months ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom