• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Fixed that for you, vitabuddy.
Wait, what?! I don't even understand how someone could have such an opinion.

I love Uncharted 2 and 3, but I can't see how someone who loved Uncharted 3 could think Uncharted 2 is dog shit. That makes absolutely no sense.

Cornbread78

So is either FIFA 12 or 13 even worth gettign on VITA? I wanted to grab another sports game for the VITA, but have heard nothing but negative things about it as well as the $hitty Madden port...

So is either FIFA 12 or 13 even worth gettign on VITA? I wanted to grab another sports game for the VITA, but have heard nothing but negative things about it as well as the $hitty Madden port...

They are both great games, the problem was that they didn't change anything between them

Wait, what?! I don't even understand how someone could have such an opinion.

I love Uncharted 2 and 3, but I can't see how someone who loved Uncharted 3 could think Uncharted 2 is dog shit. That makes absolutely no sense.

We've been over this before, but to sum it up quickly for you, too much action/gunfights, note enough puzzles, worst story of the 3 console iterations. So yeah, there you go.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Vita FIFA 12/13 play and preform very well,almost perfect ports of FIFA 11(really).

However they lack all the new the features and awesome new physics and AI of the console FIFA 12/13 (which make FIFA12/13 so good) and this is the main problem with them.

Tratorn

If you don't have Fifa 12 (Soccer), then you could get Fifa 13.

It's still the best portable Fifa on the market, but it's getting the bad press, because it's almost the same game like the first Fifa on Vita.

kerrak

FIFA Soccer was pretty good on it's own. FIFA 13 is the equivalent of a patch to FIFA Soccer, so it is marginally better.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Carl

Playstation Mobile main problem is that all of the supported phones and tablets (PlayStation Certified)do not sell well like Xperia and HTC one,They need some Samsung devices or Kindle Fire here to give PSM a good start.

The newest load of Xperia phones sold very well actually. HTC aren't as big sellers as they were but they still sell pretty well. I doubt Samsung has any reason to want to allow this on their phones yet, but if it does well i'm sure Sony will be able to convince them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All right need advice

I need a controller grip for VITA

any recommendations?

sajj316 told me to look into

My hand cramps up real bad

I can game on a DualShock for days, 35 minutes with a Vita > Death

Somethings really grip worthy

Carl

Almost forgot it launches this week lol.

Indeed. At least psnstores is paying attention to it, because Sony isn't.

As i said before, EU Blog Manager promised a blog post "early this week" detailing everything about PSM including launch lineup. So hopefully today or tomorrow.

sajj316

Indeed. At least psnstores is paying attention to it, because Sony isn't.

As i said before, EU Blog Manager promised a blog post "early this week" detailing everything about PSM including launch lineup. So hopefully today or tomorrow.

ManGod Shane also said it is coming soon. I shot Rubenstein a tweet about it. I'd expect something today or tomorrow. It should have been last week so it could be promoted but I guess not!

EDIT: Ah yes .. it was you :) Funny .. you hit up Shane and I hit up Jeff all the time now!

Carl

ManGod Shane also said if is coming soon. I shot Rubenstein a tweet about it. I'd expect something today or tomorrow. It should have been last week so it could be promoted but I guess not!

Yeah i tweeted and asked Shane about it when i was trying to track down some info, and got the message that he wanted to reveal them soon.

And now my slightly related question...any case big enough to use with the vita AND the grip? i don´t want to take the thing off every single time

Nope. But if you have grip which will protect back of unit and screen protector on front i wouldn't even care about case.

Hi David,

Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support.

This is to confirm that Uncharted: Golden Abyss™ has been added to your account and can be
found on your download list.

If this doesn't help or if you have any other queries

Just recieved this email after complaining again with the courier service that Sony have used with my case (DPD) they told me that they had a package for me last Monday, so I left work early and when they turned up were asking for my Vita again, even though it had all be sorted out the week previous.

Managed to get Gravity Rush and Uncharted from them in total for the whole mess about.

Shinriji

So, October finally began. Only on this month:

- Ragnarok Odyssey
- SFxTK
- DJMAX
- NFS Paradise 2

Plus PSN games (Jet Set Radio, Dokuro, FF3)

My wallet is hurting pretty bad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hatsune Miku will be here tomorrow. Excellent.

Technika Tune comes out this month, right? Any idea when I can preorder on Amazon? And as for PSN $100 get $20 deal, I can't decide how I want to pursue that. If I can get a 32 gig card on the cheap, I'll figure something out, but I REALLY love physical media. :|

Carl

Didn't actually realise there were two separate Eufloria games coming to Playstation Mobile this year.

"Eufloria" is a port of the PSN/PC game

"Eufloria Adventures" is a completely new game coming out later this year.

Just incase you didn't know (I didn't, i thought they were both the same game).

Didn't actually realise there were two separate Eufloria games coming to Playstation Mobile this year.

"Eufloria" is a port of the PSN/PC game

"Eufloria Adventures" is a completely new game coming out later this year.

Just incase you didn't know (I didn't, i thought they were both the same game).
Hey, didn't know either. Eufloria was a pretty neat game. Hopefully they ad some variety.

LuchaShaq

Banned
All right need advice

I need a controller grip for VITA

any recommendations?

sajj316 told me to look into

My hand cramps up real bad

I can game on a DualShock for days, 35 minutes with a Vita > Death

Somethings really grip worthy

I have VERY large hands and have tried like 3 different grips/cases for the vita and haven't found anything that makes my hands not hurt after 10-15 min. It's been really frustrating, that said I also find every recent portable/every recent home console controller horribly uncomfortable except the xbox 360 controller and the "duke" from xbox 1.

I don't understand how hours of weight lifting or literal brick laying my hands are fine. Playing 20 minutes of mk vita? Extreme pain

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The "Duke" was the most comfortable controller ever for us HUEG hands. Come me at me Japan/lady hands.

And it's Black/White button placement was better than the S-type controllers.

garath

Any word on Ragnarok Odyssey? I just got back from a 2 week vacation. I have it pre-ordered on Newegg which now shows a 10/31 release date. Amazon still shows a 10/16 release and IGN has a 10/18 release. Is there even a real release date or are these just placeholders?

LuchaShaq

Banned
The "Duke" was the most comfortable controller ever for us HUEG hands. Come me at me Japan/lady hands.

And it's Black/White button placement was better than the S-type controllers.

The fastest way to get me to buy a ps4 would be for Sony to release a secondary controller of that size and closer to the xbox layout than the PS layout.

The biggest reason I played/bought 100% of third party games on 360 this generation was that no good/big ps3 controller was released until the 100$! mlg controller.

Any word on Ragnarok Odyssey? I just got back from a 2 week vacation. I have it pre-ordered on Newegg which now shows a 10/31 release date. Amazon still shows a 10/16 release and IGN has a 10/18 release. Is there even a real release date or are these just placeholders?

I'm gonna assume that it's gonna be a similar situation as when The Last Story launched avd that the confirmed release date will be 10/31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom