• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

I want to pick up Little King's Story, but I'm afraid it will take away from my Little Big Planet time.

Or, it just won't stack up to how good LBPV is.

They are two very different games ..

LBP is a GREAT GAME. Stacking that up against any game would mean you're not buying until you maximize LBP.

BibiMaghoo

Just ordered my first ever Disgaea game, hope it is good on vita, should be here tomorrow (free prime trial, thanks amazon)

Uncharted is good, but not really the best game to have on a vita with nothing else. Hasn't kept me playing like the ps3 ones.

Reading about gravity rush but don't really understand what type of game it is.

Sid

Just ordered my first ever Disgea game, hope it is good on vita, should be here tomorrow (free prime trial, thanks amazon)

Uncharted is good, but not really the best game to have on a vita with nothing else. Hasn't kept me playing like the ps3 ones.

Gravity rush is an open world game with challenges as side missions and a ton of awesome free roam with orb collecting as kat can fly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO. F1 2011 wouldn't look bad if it had better texture work. Yeah, it's a 3DS port and that's obvious from the blown-up resolution and textures.

All these Mobile announcement games and no eReader application for it/native = CharlieSHUUUUUUUUUUUTUPPPPPPPP!OHMYGOD!IDON'TCARE!SHUTUP!.gif

Give me a damn eReader app Sony. And not just in Japan. >:|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just ordered my first ever Disgea game, hope it is good on vita, should be here tomorrow (free prime trial, thanks amazon)

Disgaea will destroy you...There is INSANE amounts of content.

BibiMaghoo

Gravity rush is an open world game with challenges as side missions and a ton of awesome free roam as kat can fly.

Sounds good, I don't watch videos of games I havnt played, and nothing I've read really narrows down what it is lol.

Also, about Disgaea.

Is it....Pervy lol ?
Some of the screens I've seen look...dubious.
It was for playing in bed when my gf is reading, so I'm hoping not lol.

branny

^Disgaea isn't pervy. Well, maybe the first one. You'll be okay. :)

really hard to equal LBPV , its that good, even the loading screen text is so sharp
LBP is a GREAT GAME. Stacking that up against any game would mean you're not buying until you maximize LBP.
I'm almost done with the second world right now, and it really is. I normally hate touch stuff, but LBPV does it so nicely.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My god... that is unbelievably horrific. Looks even worse in motion than the screenshots.

Do they seriously expect people to BUY this "game?"

Poor Spy Hunter, I was hoping, with a slim chance of hope it would be decent.

It looks like shit and probably plays like it too, this shouldn't be a full retail release but a 10 dollar game on PSN.

I'd really like to play Smart As, but I'm not willing to pay much for it. Hopefully it will be a PS+ freebie one day.

But but, John Cleese is the voice of Smart As! He's so damn funny/awesome!

Thanks but that isn't real burnout - it won't have the sense if speed or the awesome crashes

It's made by the same developers and it's basically Burnout with licensed cars and cop chases. A lot of NFS fans were upset that Criterion was brought on because they're bringing the Burnout formula to the NFS franchise - i.e. open world racing, awesome crashes, and so on. It's going to be amazing.

magawolaz

Sorry. Didn't want to go off-topic lol

GA is probably my favorite Vita game, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Jeez, so many people hate on U3..
I'm not a hater of U3, I bought it on day-one and really enjoyed it. Though, coming from U2, it's a bit of a letdown.
Golden Abyss doesn't have the same graphics or visuals (even if Bend Studios nailed the lighting of the flashlight, take note Naughty Dog!), but imho has better controls (I played U3 again some weeks ago, and the aim was still broken - even after being patched) and better plot/narration.

It surely has some flaws: they could have made touch gimmicks optional, there are too many pointless cutscenes during exploration, and the IQ of the game is far from perfect.
But as a game, I found it much more enjoyable than U3.

branny

I didn't like a lot of the forced gimmicks in GA (I've never liked these, no matter the game), but I also didn't like the direction it went (more exploration, less action). Because of the latter, I can see why some people would appreciate GA.

I also personally felt less invested in the characters and what was going on in the story than I did in any other Uncharted. I think, mechanically and in terms of content (like, making the treasure hunting more meaningful because it's always been pointless and stupid in Uncharted games), GA is good enough. It just felt soulless and like a made-for-TV movie version of Uncharted to me.

I really liked UC2. I enjoyed UC1 and UC3, as well, just less so, because of a lot of silly design choices. UC3 actually disappointed me quite a bit. I think UC:GA has the most stupidity in it, so I would rank it last. The touch stuff didn't sit well with me, and it lacked a strong story hook to keep me caring and entertained.

The only game I'd actually recommend from the series is UC2, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom