• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Damn it, you will care about FuturLab's other Playstation Mobile launch game! ;)

Secret game *might* make your hands hurt:

bishknife.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
:0 why not!?

I'm just imagining one person doing it all on the vita (rear touchpad and mic included)...that just seems like a mess haha

I'm really missing every extend extra....not on the store either - the visuals were pretty awesome too...they need that kind of a bright and colourful music rhythm game....or just give us DDR :)

I'm just imagining one person doing it all on the vita (rear touchpad and mic included)...that just seems like a mess haha

I'm really missing every extend extra....not on the store either - the visuals were pretty awesome too...they need that kind of a bright and colourful music rhythm game....or just give us DDR :)

Ooo or Rez/ child of Eden.. Using the triggers and gyro would be amazing

friz898

I want TTT2 port too, maybe someone can try to ask/tweet Harada?

To the 4 or 5 who replied about SFxT, thanks for finalizing that for me.

Now to figure out if RO is something I can get into.

I was hoping someone could figure out why Criterion isnt showing off their Vita port. Even The Show had its own interview/gameplay video.

I would go buy a Rock Band Blitz on day 1, I loved Rock Band Unplugged for PSP.

Skyzard

Banned
friz898 said:
...I was hoping someone could figure out why Criterion isnt showing off their Vita port. Even The Show had its own interview/gameplay video.

Vita gameplay??

Ooo or Rez/ child of Eden.. Using the triggers and gyro would be amazing

Wanting Rez pretty bad...but I'm counting more on Dyad

......how did I miss Child of Eden before? Another to buy, thanks! My PS3 may be getting a revival:

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Child of Eden....and I actually really want to play Tokyo Jungle too.

Famassu

To the 4 or 5 who replied about SFxT, thanks for finalizing that for me.

Now to figure out if RO is something I can get into.

I was hoping someone could figure out why Criterion isnt showing off their Vita port. Even The Show had its own interview/gameplay video.

I would go buy a Rock Band Blitz on day 1, I loved Rock Band Unplugged for PSP.
Rock Band Blitz is shit in comparison to Unplugged.

Also, I don't think we have anything to worry about with Most Wanted. It IS Criterion porting it over themselves. They are one of the best devs in the industry, I wouldn't be worried about the quality of the port. At least the screenshots they've shown look promising, so unless it runs like crap (unlikely), it should be a great port.

friz898

Vita gameplay??

Wanting Rez pretty bad...but I'm counting more on Dyad

......how did I miss Child of Eden before? Another to buy, thanks! My PS3 may be getting a revival:

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Child of Eden....and I actually really want to play Tokyo Jungle too.

Ya, Vita. It was with one of the development team talking about the differences and mentioned they would possibly enhance graphics or other ps3 options into Vita MLB '13.

I would go find it on youtube but on a tablet on a 3G connection at the moment.

OmegaZero

Is F1 2011 worth getting then?
I was interested but was put off by the bad reviews.

Nah, just threw that in for fun.
Actually, it's pretty decent, and much better then the 3DS version. It has most of the content of the console versions and doesn't use touch gimmicks.
The AI sucks though, and it's not a looker for sure. If you can get it for less then $20, then it can't hurt to give it a try, but you could do better if you're looking for a racing game on your Vita.

VanWinkle

Blitz uses a standard dual shock control method. No microphones or instruments used. It would be incredible on Vita.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's honestly not a good game. The most annoying part is the poor framerate. However, if you want a portable loot game it might be worth to pick up if you can find it for cheap. I paid £6 for it and found it enjoyable despite its flaws.
You rarely change areas, so load times aren't an issue.

I heard loading was a huge problem, so I must have heard wrong! :3

I own it on iOS, so I'll keep it there unless I find it for $5 at the local Disc Replay or something, ha.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
For some of the smaller titles this month, anyone else have any opinions?

Spy Hunter - $40 - Is there any hope that this will be fun?
Smart As - $30 - I'm actually curious to play. I did like the Brain Age titles. Plus John Cleese.
Super Monkey Ball - $30 - Was badly burned by horrible, HORRIBLE 3DS version. But they always get me to come back somehow.

I'll probably save my money from Spy Hunter and SMB and get JSR and Retro City Rampage. :cross fingers:

sajj316

For some of the smaller titles this month, anyone else have any opinions?

Spy Hunter - $40 - Is there any hope that this will be fun?
Smart As - $30 - I'm actually curious to play. I did like the Brain Age titles. Plus John Cleese.
Super Monkey Ball - $30 - Was badly burned by horrible, HORRIBLE 3DS version. But they always get me to come back somehow.

I'll probably save my money from Spy Hunter and SMB and get JSR and Retro City Rampage. :cross fingers:

I know what I'll get with Smart As and Super Monkey Ball. Not so sure on Spy Hunter. I'm waiting for reviews and hands on impressions. $40 is a bit much.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I've never played a Monkey Ball game outside of the iOS version, so I might just not know what I'm doing, but the demo was a mess. I couldn't control Señor Monkey, the gyro controls felt unresponsive, and it simply wasn't very fun. As far I'm concerned, this series never should have left the Gamecube.

sajj316

I've never played a Monkey Ball game outside of the iOS version, so I might just not know what I'm doing, but the demo was a mess. I couldn't control Señor Monkey, the gyro controls felt unresponsive, and it simply wasn't very fun. As far I'm concerned, this series never should have left the Gamecube.

Are you referring to the Vita version of 3DS?

Cyborg

Started playing Uncharted on my Vita ......The game is good. Im impressed, got my Vita in April but couldnt start playing...........something held me back! But the game is fcking great

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Started playing Uncharted on my Vita ......The game is good. Im impressed, got my Vita in April but couldnt start playing...........something held me back! But the game is fcking great

This is reassuring. I got it as part of the bundle I bought off of CL, but I've never really been inclined to bust it out. After I finish GR, I'm going to blast through LBP. After THAT, I might finally give U:GA a go.

E: Ugh, I forgot I still have MGSHD, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Katamari, and Hatsune Miku. Toss on the October releases and my PSN titles...My Vita is out of control.

Letep

I want to pick up Little King's Story, but I'm afraid it will take away from my Little Big Planet time.

Or, it just won't stack up to how good LBPV is.

Vitacat

I agree. It's the only Uncharted I ever played, since I don't have a PS3, but I think it's a terrific game. Do not understand some of the criticism it gets. Looks amazing, sounds amazing and gameplay is fun, solid and varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom