• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinriji

I just saw that Shoot 1up, a game that I was waiting forever to be released on PSN or PS vita was released on Windows Phone, with Microsoft as publisher. lol

LuchaShaq

Banned
Is the vita version of disgae less heavy on story/dialogue than the ps3 one? Tried to play the ps3 one and there was so much nonsense text/story/whimsy anime bullshit that I couldn't fucking stand it.

Vitacat

Regarding those PS Mobile games... I just watched some of the videos, and wasn't too impressed.

Sony needs to be very careful how they handle PSM pricing. In my household there are 4 iOS devices and 1 Android. If we want to play these sorts of games we can, and usually for 99cents. And there are so many high quality (for what they are) iOS games these days, I am not going to just randomly buy shitty casual games for Vita. They need to be really good casual games. Sony needs to actually do some work here to make PSM a success.

Also, if Sony plans to ignore the existence of Apple and Android app stores, and asks more than $1 - $2 for these types of games, they will quickly learn a cold, hold lesson. And I don't put it past them -- after all, this is the company that actually had to figure out that gamers wanted games. Not the brightest bunch of suits there, but plenty greedy.

BibiMaghoo

Is the vita version of disgae less heavy on story/dialogue than the ps3 one? Tried to play the ps3 one and there was so much nonsense text/story/whimsy anime bullshit that I couldn't fucking stand it.

As I understand it, it is the same game as the ps3 one, but with all the dlc. Never played one but I don't think it will be different.

Carl

Also, if Sony plans to ignore the existence of Apple and Android app stores, and asks more than $1 - $2 for these types of games, they will quickly learn a cold, hold lesson. And I don't put it past them -- after all, this is the company that actually had to figure out that gamers wanted games. Not the brightest bunch of suits there, but plenty greedy.

I believe developers set their own prices for PSM games.

Vitacat

I believe developers set their own prices for PSM games.

Hmm, well that's good. Guess we'll see how it goes then.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if that Cthulhu Saves the World RPG might come to PSM? I would love to have that on Vita. Fun game.

OmegaZero

..see this (focus on physics and cars crashing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GSGi12U-E&

and laugh.

Welp, there goes any hope I had of the game being decent.
Also, if it hasn't already been said, the WipEout HD DLC is amazing.
prtsN.jpg

Carl

Hmm, well that's good. Guess we'll see how it goes then.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if that Cthulhu Saves the World RPG might come to PSM? I would love to have that on Vita. Fun game.

I'm sure i read that pricing thing somewhere but can't find it anywhere now, so maybe i imagined it. Hmm...

Indeed, Cthulu is a good game. Would be great to see on PSM

Toki767

Developers are definitely setting their prices. The thing is most don't want to only sell their game for a dollar. They have to on iOS because that's the perceived value for them there. Kind of why Angry Birds was what, $5 or something as a mini. Lots of people still bought it. If they can get away with the higher pricing they most certainly will try to set the price higher than the iOS equivalent.

Carl

Developers are definitely setting their prices. The thing is most don't want to only sell their game for a dollar. They have to on iOS because that's the perceived value for them there. Kind of why Angry Birds was what, $5 or something as a mini. Lots of people still bought it. If they can get away with the higher pricing they most certainly will try to set the price higher than the iOS equivalent.

Indeed, i expect them to start higher and then they can drop prices if it doesn't work. if they start off low they're putting themself into the iOS trap right away.

Vitacat

Indeed, i expect them to start higher and then they can drop prices if it doesn't work. if they start off low they're putting themself into the iOS trap right away.

Well, if prices are going to be significantly higher than iOS, I will probably pass on most of them. I already have several iOS devices.

I would be willing to pay maybe $1 extra to have the same game on Vita, since the controls would/should be better. But if a game is $1 or $2 on iOS, and PSM asks $5 - $10 for the same game, then no, I won't pay those prices. As an all-digital Vita user, I'm already being price gouged for my games, so I have to spend carefully and purposefully.

Carl

Well, if prices are going to be significantly higher than iOS, I will probably pass on most of them. I already have several iOS devices.

I would be willing to pay maybe $1 extra to have the same game on Vita, since the controls would/should be better. But if a game is $1 or $2 on iOS, and PSM asks $5 - $10 for the same game, then no, I won't pay those prices. As an all-digital Vita user, I'm already being price gouged for my games, so I have to spend carefully and purposefully.

Not all of them are games that are on iOS, but yeah fair enough. Like i said though, if they start high they can easily drop their prices if they don't sell. if they start at 99p/cents they trap themselves in the shitty iOS price brackets forever.

Toki767

I'm more curious to see how sales and price drops work on the platform. Can they put something on sale or drop the price anytime or is it a Tuesday thing like with the Store update.

winjet81

So what can we expect, as far as free games are concerned, when PlayStation Plus hits Vita?

Another question: if I choose not to re-subscribe after a year, can i still access those free games?

sajj316

So what can we expect, as far as free games are concerned, when PlayStation Plus hits Vita?

Another question: if I choose not to re-subscribe after a year, can i still access those free games?

(1) Most likely SCE published games at the get go like Little Deviants. Minis, PSP, and PS One titles, etc .. discounts on Vita DD titles

(2) No, you will have to re-subscribe to get access ... think of it like Netflix. If you don't pay, you don't play

Toki767

Probably a mix between Vita, PSP, and PS1 games.

You can play them only as long as you are a Plus member.

Actually bet mutant blob will be involved since drinkbox actually has an upcoming game. Sega likes to promote through Plus so I also think we will see Jet Set half off. And Machinarium (sp?) Could be a game involved.

You all know it's just first parties titles at the begin. (Little Deviants, Reality Fighters, Unit13)
Then it will be the third parties that sucked hard sales wise (Army of Hell)

But some real good PSone (Silent Hill, Vagrant Story) would be lovely.
If they put Alundra you'll be shocked by how crazy good it looks on OLED (even streched)

We may even get some PSP stuff I think, since they're kinda low on content anyway.

Shinriji

You all know it's just first parties titles at the begin. (Little Deviants, Reality Fighters, Unit13)
Then it will be the third parties that sucked hard sales wise (Army of Hell)

Fine by me. I have all good games released till now.

And Newegg is doing another $12 off $50 preorders but DJMAX isn't on their list right now. Damn. Still doing the preorder by the Pentavision site.

Toki767

I wish they just made it so that Plus members could get something like 20% off retail Vita games when bought digitally. I'd take that over the vast majority of free games they will probably give out.

sajj316

Wishful think but ...

I would love for Megaman Powered Up 2 and Maverick Hunter X-2. A proper 2D Castlevania. A true Karting title in the veins of PlayStation Battle Allstars ...

Noi

I want free PSP games on PS+. I own a lot of UMDs I need digital replacements for. :(

I would love for Megaman Powered Up 2 and Maverick Hunter X-2.

These were actually gonna happen, but got shitcanned by their previous games' poor sales. Truly a pity.

Toki767

I want free PSP games on PS+. I own a lot of UMDs I need digital replacements for. :(

These were actually gonna happen, but got shitcanned by their previous games' poor sales. Truly a pity.
Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep as Plus exclusives would be hilarious and it would probably work.

free birth by sleep, crisis core, and type-0 for first time ps+ subscribers
oh wait

EDIT: FUCK IF ONLY IT DIDN'T HOLD ME BACK FROM POSTING THOSE 47 SECONDS

VanWinkle

What kind of graphics will these PSM games be able to achieve? Will games like NOVA 3 even be possible on the platform?

Haven't really been able to see an indicator from the games we've seen thus far, which all look very basic.

Carl

What kind of graphics will these PSM games be able to achieve? Will games like NOVA 3 even be possible on the platform?

Haven't really been able to see an indicator from the games we've seen thus far, which all look very basic.

No idea, guess you just have to wait for it to launch and see what developers can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom