• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

We know of retail releases. I wonder what's coming out through PSN this month besides JSR. Hopefully Sine Mora. What the heck happened to that Urban Trails game?

Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep as Plus exclusives would be hilarious and it would probably work.

It's people like you (and me, and a number of people in this thread) that *should* work for SCEA... and yet we constantly get stuff like Borderlands for free and nothing half as awesome as this . :lol

Toki767

We know of retail releases. I wonder what's coming out through PSN this month besides JSR. Hopefully Sine Mora. What the heck happened to that Urban Trails game?

Retro City Rampage is supposedly almost done. Or has been done and will be released soon. They're working on the launch trailer now I think.

depward

So... remote play.

I owned two PSPs and remote play never did work very well.

With Toyko Jungle getting a remote play patch (soon?!), I finally tried remote play with my Vita... and damn, same crappy, very laggy performance that I experienced with both of my PSPs.

Does anyone have any tips on how I might look to improve performance? What's the performance for remote play for you guys?

V_Ben

Banned
What kind of graphics will these PSM games be able to achieve? Will games like NOVA 3 even be possible on the platform?

Haven't really been able to see an indicator from the games we've seen thus far, which all look very basic.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how PSM games look. Expect a lot of developers to stick with 2D artwork at first for launch though.

Carl

Does anyone have any tips on how I might look to improve performance? What's the performance for remote play for you guys?

Works find for me. God of War plays brilliantly via remote play for me. No idea how to improve performance though

I tried with SoTC....

While at the temple "OH WOW! THIS WORKS AMAZING!"
Tried riding a bit "MMMM, LET'S LOWER THE QUALITY A BIT! IT WILL WORK...NOT"
Maybe with the first colossi fights? "OK LET'S DO TH...NOPENOPENOPENOPE"

I hope Gaikai gives them some intel because I was using that at my house "private network", I can't even imagine away using "internet network"

sajj316

So... remote play.

I owned two PSPs and remote play never did work very well.

With Toyko Jungle getting a remote play patch (soon?!), I finally tried remote play with my Vita... and damn, same crappy, very laggy performance that I experienced with both of my PSPs.

Connect to PS3 directly and not through the Internet. Works pretty flawless for me

Sorry guys I haven't been keeping ontop of my vita in the past while...If you could recommend me a few PS1 classics what would they be?

How good does U:GA actually look in the finished game?

I dl'ed the demo the other day and played the burning building chapter, have to say I wasn't too impressed, particle effects in particular looked kinda.. gimpy.

This welcome message will activate when you view this post with your Vita browser.

It really looks good. The demo showcases the least visually impressive section of the game (lighting, locale). Funny thing is, that area is where you'll spend the least amount of time, while traversing as Drake.

The dense jungles with the lush foliage and crystalline water are beyond impressive; draw distance is also spectacular.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...jYCwDQ&usg=AFQjCNFraweKDAQZ4B9ASDbvt7Ru5aVHJw

Gvaz

Banned
Seems there's a CFW out now for the Vita that's pretty good. Looks like a CFW that sony wont be able to fix. Only problem is the CFW is encrypted because the devs tried to be holier than thou so no public user can run it. What a waste.

I said I'd buy a Vita the day it's cracked open (I do not support closed systems in any shape or form), seems like I'm gonna have to eat my words.

This might be a really dumb question, sorry :(

Do we know which Resident Evil PS1 games will appear tomorrow on the NA Vita store? 1? 2? 3? Or all 3?

Really excited and don't want to be let down....

Seems there's a CFW out now for the Vita that's pretty good. Looks like a CFW that sony wont be able to fix. Only problem is the CFW is encrypted because the devs tried to be holier than thou so no public user can run it. What a waste.

I said I'd buy a Vita the day it's cracked open (I do not support closed systems in any shape or form), seems like I'm gonna have to eat my words.

Still in beta phase, dude who leaked it is a complete idiot since they now halted all the development on this,
and a very key member of the PSPscene leaved scared of Sony past threats to hackers, and the "CFW" has just a partially working PSP emulator.

He's no Prometheus, just an ass.

Gvaz

Banned
Still in beta phase, dude who leaked it is a complete idiot since they now halted all the development on this,
and a very key member of the PSPscene leaved scared of Sony past threats to hackers, and the "CFW" has just a partially working PSP emulator.

He's no Prometheus, just an ass.
Still, it's a start. Someone will come forward and work on it. *crosses fingers*

Vitacat

Well, it may not be an open system, but PS Mobile at least provides indie devs with an inexpensive entry into the Vita marketplace.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Should be coming within the next week or two i think...?
Serious? Nice! I'll keep my remaining 6 bucks saved then

edit, do you have a news link or something? I can't find anything on google except for US release

Awesome. What a great guy :)

He's even attempted to hack wololo, how he managed to enter the beta team beats me.

Still, it's a start. Someone will come forward and work on it. *crosses fingers*

It's one step foward, two steps back, since they were already working on it with great efforts, I really hope sony goes all out on piracy crazyness and get the guy, since now the "release" has his name on it, and the other members know his whereabouts.

Should be coming within the next week or two i think...?

It's like the fifth week that I read those lines...heh

Gvaz

Banned
If they do that though there will be no CFW for real though.

I guaranfuckingtee device sales will increase if cfw drops though.

BosSin

Any slim chances of good titles being release on vita would be obliterated once someone figures out how to run pirate software using CFW. At least in the west (but the Japan scene is no way near what the PSP was like)

I'm just hoping that any hack that may be released happens when this handheld is in a much healthier state, at least then it won't spell it's death.

I really can't say, market it's crazy nowadays.
And anyway they were going to complete it and release it in a way no one could get hurt, Sony new policies on the pretection of his devices are harsh, and that was the only way to do it.

Takao

Banned

And those of us who bought the thing to actually play games designed for the Vita suddenly have a bigger paper weight than ever before.

Gvaz

Banned
You sound like a skilled business man, I hope you're running a business with sense like that.
I can see it hurting it in the long run, but *shrug*

Long Live PSP2.
To be fair, it's named Vita so it's not named that, though that's literally what it is. I think the reason it's selling (apparently? I don't know) poorly is because people aren't as interested because the psp wasn't that great. It is my opinion, having used a PSP that there were far too few "good" games for it, and way too many very poor games for the psp. Quite a few were okay but priced way too high for consumption in the amounts they wanted, for the quality of games provided.

Carl

Serious? Nice! I'll keep my remaining 6 bucks saved then

edit, do you have a news link or something? I can't find anything on google except for US release

Err no :p it was initially slated for the beginning of September but had a last minute delay. I think Monkeypaw said it would be delayed around a month, so stands to reason it should be here at the beginning of October.

Hey, looky here

https://twitter.com/monkeypawgames/status/252904130224467970

Who's ready for the anticipated European release of #Tomba this coming Wednesday on #PSN? Long road to get here, but it's finally coming!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Err no :p it was initially slated for the beginning of September but had a last minute delay. I think Monkeypaw said it would be delayed around a month, so stands to reason it should be here at the beginning of October.

Hey, looky here

https://twitter.com/monkeypawgames/status/252904130224467970
YESSSS! Thanks mate

I just read around 40 PSone games will be coming today? Is today the weekly date for updates or does new content get added without a set date?

NA will give EU Tomba! if you give us Crash. ;_;
Haha, I heavily consider buying the 3 Crash games every time I visit the store, but every time I hold myself in :p I bought the two oddworlds at 5 bucks combined even tho I already own it on Steam without having played it... Sigh. Also bought FFVIII and IX even tho I'm only at the beginning of VII. Jeez I have a problem with PS1 games

Carl

YESSSS! Thanks mate

I just read around 40 PSone games will be coming today? Is today the weekly date for updates or does new content get added without a set date?

You're welcome :)

The 40 PSOne games is a number of games being made available on PSVita in US this week i believe.

Tuesday is update day in US.
Wednesday in EU.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children

The 40 PSOne games is a number of games being made available on PSVita in US this week i believe.

Wednesday in EU.
Ah OK, I was wondering why it showed some games that were already available here! Thanks again. I'll wait till Wednesday then

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Do we know how much NLKS is going to cost? I'm hoping less than $20, and I won't pay more than $30.

qcf x2

Wednesday in EU.

Is this a fact? All I want is Chrono Cross. That's it. THAT'S ALL.

Carl

Is this a fact? All I want is Chrono Cross. That's it. THAT'S ALL.

You're in luck

kDIwj.jpg

jpFqi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom