• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
The x is dedicated jump...but you can hold R and autoplatform so - yeah. You can't just counterkill easy through since you don't actually block? Like she's in the position of ready but when they attack if you don't move or counter, you get hit. At least that's the way it worked for me using the hatchet and hidden blades.

There's also the blow dart which you hold triangle to aim and then quickly tap triangle again to shoot. Same for guns. The game looks good, but little glitches that are expected of a beta kept popping up like me touching the back pad these blue dots appeared on the screen but even after I stopped some would stay.

So they started to fix the problem but in the end didn't. Having a manual jump is great but then they negate the use of it by keeping the auto platforming in by running, which you'll have to do on some missions. Sounds like you can still counter your way through too, she'll just take damage if you screw up the timing whereas in the past Ezio/Altair would just parry the attack if you were in the stance.

Disappointing but the game still sounds good. Thanks for the impressions.

Shinriji

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Motorstorm RC
3. Gravity Rush
4. Sound Shapes
5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss / Lumines: Eletronic Symphony
6. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
6. Wipeout 2048 / Rayman Origins
7. Tales of Space /
8. MGS HD Collection / Mortal Kombat / Super Stardust Delta
9. Hustle Kings / UMC3 / Unit 13 / Zen Pinbal 2
10. Hatsune Miku Project f / Resistance Burning Skies / Treasure Park / Virtua Tennis 4

Data taken from Vitabros Games List

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Motorstorm RC
3. Gravity Rush
4. Sound Shapes
5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss / Lumines: Eletronic Symphony
6. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
6. Wipeout 2048 / Rayman Origins
7. Tales of Space /
8. MGS HD Collection / Mortal Kombat / Super Stardust Delta
9. Hustle Kings / UMC3 / Unit 13 / Zen Pinbal 2
10. Hatsune Miku Project f / Resistance Burning Skies / Treasure Park / Virtua Tennis 4
No Montezuma Blitz? I'm proud of you.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
No one likes to admit that plays TOM Blitz. Just like Treasure Park. Also many old school TOM players (Cecil, Laguna and you), didn't insert your data on the spreadsheet. Do it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0
...old school TOM players. I played Montezuma Blitz for half an hour, spent $20 on the game, hated myself for it, and then deleted the game and haven't redownloaded it since. It's essentially the devil.

Carl

LBP is much better than i even expected it to be. Really fantastic game. Best game on Vita, maybe !?

Next month i have my eye on AC3L and Jet Set Radio, but that's it i think. Unless Retro City Rampage decides to make an appearance, anyway.

BosSin

My MGS hd came, also borrowed uncharted off a friend and have yet to finish Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. There are good times ahead of me

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So EA don't want me to buy FIFA 13 on Vita(no screens,no video, no info)and I just ordered the PS3 version (even that I really wanted it on handheld this year).

ffs EA.

Shinriji

...old school TOM players. I played Montezuma Blitz for half an hour, spent $20 on the game, hated myself for it, and then deleted the game and haven't redownloaded it since. It's essentially the devil.

LOL. But is heartwarming that GAF is buying LBP. Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes also are in well deserved positions.

So EA don't want me to buy FIFA 13 on Vita(no screens,no video, no info)and I just ordered the PS3 version (even that I really wanted it on handheld this year).

ffs EA.

Are there still no screens on the internet? I picked up the newest Vita catalogue for Fall 2012 here in Japan and there are definitely screens in there.

Sid

Are there still no screens on the internet? I picked up the newest Vita catalogue for Fall 2012 here in Japan and there are definitely screens in there.
Those are probably bullshots,i think it's gonna be roster updates for FIFA from here in out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

so far I've seen absolutely nothing -screens or gameplay footage- on internet related to the Vita Fifa13 port.(even the screens on your catalog might be from some other system,EA just don't care it seems)

Man, it's madness on the gaming forum this morning.

I didn't see the other thread being posted on and forgot there was a new thread lmao

good job there

ffs EA.
Considering 2012 came out about 6 months or so ago, I really wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing but with stat and roster updates.

RpgN

Yeah, they did Virtua Tennis. And I have absolutely no idea how they helped out, but I'm attributing to them a magic touch.

Those guys are great. They need to get more job offers instead of Nihilistic. Good grief...

sajj316

so far I've seen absolutely nothing -screens or gameplay footage- on internet related to the Vita Fifa13 port.(even the screens on your catalog might be from some other system,EA just don't care it seems)

Why not just wait for it to be released and reviewed/previewed before making your purchase decision? I did that for Madden.

Takao

Banned
Gosh darn it Scamco, please port Digimon World Re: Digitize and Digimon Adventure RPG to Vita. I wants to play them, and I know there's no way they get localized on PSP. Also, Budokai HD Collection on Vita, or Shin Budokai 3. Heck, I'd even buy that One Piece: Romance Dawn PSP RPG if it was ported to Vita and released in English. C'mon Scamco, I'm begging ya.

RpgN

Gosh darn it Scamco, please port Digimon World Re: Digitize and Digimon Adventure RPG to Vita. I wants to play them, and I know there's no way they get localized on PSP. Also, Budokai HD Collection on Vita, or Shin Budokai 3. Heck, I'd even buy that One Piece: Romance Dawn PSP RPG if it was ported to Vita and released in English. C'mon Scamco, I'm begging ya.

You know what's a missed opportunity too? Okami HD. That game would have worked so well with the touch screen and would have looked gorgeous on dat OLED!

Tsunamo

I would happily buy all of these on the Vita. Make it happen Namco!
You know what's a missed opportunity too? Okami HD. That game would have worked so well with the touch screen and would have looked gorgeous on dat OLED!
Yeah. I'm so disappointed there's no Vita version :(

Go hound them for One Piece, Takao.

i want that ):

zroid

Banned
Maybe the next mothership Tales game is on Vita
haha

But Capcom doesn't make games for Vita

zroid

Banned
Even if they did, it wouldn't be released in the west anyway!

Nah, it probably would. Graces f and Xillia have given me renewed faith in Tales localizations. Well, it might not simply because it's on Vita, but that's another issue entirely :p

Takao

Banned

Okami would make a load of sense on Vita. In fact, when the HD release was announced a lot of the comments on the PlayStation Blog were about a potential Vita version. But you know, Capcom. on. Vita. Nothing but late fighting game ports.

Noi

Nah, it probably would. Graces f and Xillia have given me renewed faith in Tales localizations. Well, it might not simply because it's on Vita, but that's another issue entirely :p

And those are console entries. When have we gotten one of the handheld mothership titles outside of the Nintendo published Phantasia port, or even a handheld Tales title period outside of the terrible RM1? :p

cyborg009

Banned
Okami would make a load of sense on Vita. In fact, when the HD release was announced a lot of the comments on the PlayStation Blog were about a potential Vita version. But you know, Capcom. on. Vita. Nothing but late fighting game ports.

Funny I think they promised to have more games in developments for the Vita?

besides SF X TK

PSO2
c20120922_pso2play_08_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I began to believe it's a punishment for all of Digimon fans since most of them hated Tamers which is in fact the best Digimon show ever.

Why not just wait for it to be released and reviewed/previewed before making your purchase decision? I did that for Madden.

"Day one" importing from the US (or even the UK) using the slow ass mail forwarding service already mean I'll be 1+ week late,waiting for late Vita reviews or impression will mean more delays for me, and I need my football fix asap.

zroid

Banned
And those are console entries. When have we gotten one of the handheld mothership titles outside of the Nintendo published Phantasia port, or even a handheld Tales title period outside of the terrible RM1? :p

Okay, fair point. :|

Time to start hoping for Innocence R. I want nothing to do with that game, but I'd probably buy it if it means more handheld Tales in the west.

Even if they did, it wouldn't be released in the west anyway!
You're back to a Nu avatar!

Considering we still haven't gotten Tales of Innocence R, if it does happen(it won't ever), we probably won't see it. But who knows?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just to note, Bustbuy don't sell PSN codes anymore :(

I want $20 code for RCR :( :( :(

Okay, fair point. :|

Time to start hoping for Innocence R.

At this point and situation there is more chance for me to get Folklore port on Vita than any of you poor guys getting a Tales game in the west for Vita.

zroid

Banned
OH, I forgot about Abyss 3D.
I even own that game, which makes this more sad

Apparently that actually did fairly well for Bamco in the West.

THERE IS HOPE

Takao

Banned
Funny I think they promised to have more games in developments for the Vita?

besides SF X TK

All of that was said prior to launch, and like a lot of launches what's said prior often doesn't actually happen. Vita has been missing out on a lot of "No shit" kind of games from Capcom, from RE: Revelations (which I still think should've been a 3DS/Vita launch), to E.X. Troopers, to Okami HD, to hell, even Monster Hunter.

If someone wants they can go to Capcom Unity to see if Sven will give an answer to "Will SFxT be the last game Capcom publishes on Vita?" cause the answer right now looks to be "yes".

Noi

You're back to a Nu avatar!

You're the only one who notices these things. :)

OH, I forgot about Abyss 3D.
I even own that game, which makes this more sad

Apparently that actually did fairly well for Bamco in the West.

THERE IS HOPE

YOU CAN'T HIDE YOUR EDIT. Though lol, it says enough about Abyss 3D that neither of us remembered it existed.

All of that was said prior to launch, and like a lot of launches what's said prior often doesn't actually happen. Vita has been missing out on a lot of "No shit" kind of games from Capcom, from RE: Revelations (which I still think should've been a 3DS/Vita launch), to E.X. Troopers, to Okami HD, to hell, even Monster Hunter.

If someone wants they can go to Capcom Unity to see if Sven will give an answer to "Will SFxT be the last game Capcom publishes on Vita?" cause the answer right now looks to be "yes".

Mega Man Xover port.
for PS Minis.

Sid

Capcom doesn't care about their playstation 'fanbase, remember the capcom 5? That crap was done in the ps2 days and even now they built up the monster hunter fanbase on psp only to be exclusive to the 3ds so don't expect anything from capcom on the vita after their latest fighting game port.

Takao

Banned
Mega Man Xover port.
for PS Minis.

Why did you have to remind me that thing exists? Ugh. It would probably be PlayStation Mobile anyways.

Holy moley! Is that actually coming to Vita? And I'm not mistaken, that IS Phantasy Star Online 2, right?

Yeah, that is Phantasy Star Online 2. It was announced for Vita back in February. It'll share servers with the PC version so you can play with people on PC and bring over your character. It'll be out early next year in Japan.

I still didn't want that MegaMan Xover trailer. Is it that bad? :lol

Holy moley! Is that actually coming to Vita? And I'm not mistaken, that IS Phantasy Star Online 2, right?
Yep, it's Phantasy Star Online 2! Sega seems like they're doing a great job with the Vita version. I'm actually sorta surprised they seem so invested with the Vita, they're definitely one of the best supporters the system has seen.

You're the only one who notices these things. :)
hey you're a bro

it's what i do

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Just played a couple of hours of lbp vita. Is it me or is the game more fun than the ps3 versions? Pretty damn amazing game.

zroid

Banned
ah bloody hell, I just realized I can't buy LBP yet. ;_;

Even though it's on sale now, the promotion I was going to use doesn't start until the official street date.

Just played a couple of hours of lbp vita. Is it me or is the game more fun than the ps3 versions? Pretty damn amazing game.
I've been hearing great things about it, so I wouldn't doubt that.

that looks so awesome omg

ah bloody hell, I just realized I can't buy LBP yet. ;_;

Even though it's on sale now, the promotion I was going to use doesn't start until the official street date.
So you do have to wait? That sucks. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom