• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsung0

Neo Member
Hey vita bros, I need some help with my last trophy in Motorstorm RC, Wall Brawl. Stupidly I waited on this one and now I have only really hard challenges to do. So please send me some challenges and help a vita bro out! PSN ID is unsung0

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
And thats the problem at Sony. Why does he have to ask, shouldn't he know? Nobody on the PSN team knows anything.
You almost sound like you haven't worked in an organization before. There are thousands of games, and different people are in charge of different things cut him some slack.

zroid

Banned
:O I thought Future Shop was sticking to the original street date (that's what it said in the flyer), but apparently not -- I guess LBP WILL BE MINE TOMORROW HUZZAH

9 is actually a pretty good entry point (and my second favorite FF) so I also recommend that. Though you should play 7 to, its a good game and everyone has played it so you want to be like everyone right?

Why'd you have to say that. Now I have to skip 7. :)
seriously

Ponn

Banned
You almost sound like you haven't worked in an organization before. There are thousands of games, and different people are in charge of different things cut him some slack.

I would, but he is part of the front line facing people that report upcoming games on the psn store, on a podcast at that. He is literally one of the few people that should know. It's not a question like "whats new in it?" or "Is there any translation differences" The question is "Will this work on Vita" a pretty damn basic question. In 4 days will this be on the Vita store or not and you don't know.

Edit: To clarify i'm not blaming him entirely, it's Sony's fault for completely ill-equipping these people with knowledge and information they and their consumers should have. The fact that FF3 is being dropped on us with no fanfare, info, price or anything in less than a weeks time frame makes this painfully clear. But damn, enough is enough, these people need to start demanding change.

Why'd you have to say that. Now I have to skip 7. :)
seriously
You could wait for FF7 REmake.

maverick40

I took a break from the game for about a month after hitting a wall on Death Mode and then managed to push through the 8 or so levels that had me stumped over a 2-3 hour stretch last weekend. Don't lose heart on achieving Platinum here!

(Now I've got to see if the same tactic will work on Motorstorm. Will be revisiting that wall once I clear through Lumines in the next day or two.)

Lol yeah i am taking a break from it right now, working on gavity rush platinum the side quests are killing me too! I had to give up on uncharted because my stats have been reset 3 times now for that game. I havent a clue why either

Megatron

So do you guys think we're still getting Sine Mora?

I've been saving my PSN money waiting for that and JSR, and am hoping it's still in the pipeline.

I played it on the Vita at Pax Prime last month, so yes, I think it's reasonable to expect it's still coming.

OmegaZero

Hey vita bros, I need some help with my last trophy in Motorstorm RC, Wall Brawl. Stupidly I waited on this one and now I have only really hard challenges to do. So please send me some challenges and help a vita bro out! PSN ID is unsung0

I could try, if I could remember how to send challenges.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What's wrong with P3P? It's like.. my favorite PSP game =[

in short, it's a complete shit port of an already bad game,the game got completely butchered,exploring maps/3D world of the original game gone and turned into point and click soulless adventure,cutscenes removed,even the new opening sucks,the female protagonist's persona sucks,you get less of Persona experience, less of RPG experience and less of everything, it's really the ultimate ripoff and the worst port of all time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
in short, it's a complete shit port

Yes.

of an already bad game,

No.

the game got completely butchered,exploring maps/3D world of the original game gone and turned into point and click soulless adventure,cutscenes removed,even the new opening sucks, the female protagonist's persona sucks, you get less of Persona experience, less of RPG experience and less of everything, it's really the ultimate ripoff and the worst port of all time.

Yes, yes, yes, no, maybe...

It isn't a bad "port," but it isn't good and FES is the definitive P3.

Roubjon

in short, it's a complete shit port of an already bad game,the game got completely butchered,exploring maps/3D world of the original game gone and turned into point and click soulless adventure,cutscenes removed,even the new opening sucks,the female protagonist's persona sucks,you get less of Persona experience, less of RPG experience and less of everything, it's really the ultimate ripoff and the worst port of all time.

Okay. I guess so.

It's a portable version of Persona 3, I wouldn't expect more than what we got.

At least you do. That's good enough.
You know I care, at least!

No, their nobodies are
roxas
and Xenuk
Yes, you got it! I'm glad someone didn't eat my dreams and got the joke.

Anyone have a Japanese account and try Picotto Knights?
I have a JPN account, but I probably won't switch over until Tuesday or so...

:O I thought Future Shop was sticking to the original street date (that's what it said in the flyer), but apparently not -- I guess LBP WILL BE MINE TOMORROW HUZZAH
:D i'm happy for you

Skyzard

Banned

You won't regret it, it's very well made and great fun. The touch blocks are surprisingly awesome too - balancing sackboy while controlling the platform he's on is wicked.

There is this one level called Underground Spacestation by Materialboy which showed off some really fantastic platforming (lag free!) that was actually quite challenging too. One sec..worth showing I think. Looks a bit easier then it was but those bouncy things are great fun, especially a whole floor of them.

lbpv-For-InternetLoop_zps8ddb7450.gif

And another awesome low-gravity bit as well. Quite a short level but so much fun. Just really impressed and shows what's possible. Only done the main tutorial levels so far and jumped straight to online but they aren't bad at all either, just got excited to see what people have been doing with the level editor.

I know it's pricey but I really think people would want this digitally if they have a lot of retail games already.

We could make a list of the decent community levels too as there are a few already. I've downloaded a few I'm going to go through tomorrow and can make one up/add to one then.

Darkone

My hit list for the rest of the year...

October 16

Ragnarok Odyssey

October 30

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

I'm not expecting COD: Black Ops Declassified or SH: Book of Memories to be any good. JSR HD doesn't seem to be reviewing well.

Any other notable digital-only releases I should be keying in on? Clearly Retro City Rampage is a go if it gets a 2012 release date.

These are the only 2 games i am interested this year, pretty weak, hoping next year will be better.

Jawmuncher

Book of Memories has been getting a lot of positive preview buzz so long as you aren't still mad over the fact that it's a Silent Hill Dungeon Crawler.

zroid

Banned
You won't regret it, it's very well made and great fun.

I'm sure I won't! After Uncharted, LBP is my favourite new series which Sony introduced on the PS3.

I don't even mind the controls too much. It's just... something to get used to, I guess.

I figured you were referencing something, but I don't know enough about KH to have discerned what ;_;
learn more about that awesome lore then

No worries, people aren't completely heartless. Want some sea salt ice cream to make you feel better?
I... I'm all out...

I played Hatsune Miku for fucking 5.5 hours today. Rhythm games are addicting.
It really is great!

Book of Memories has been getting a lot of positive preview buzz so long as you aren't still mad over the fact that it's a Silent Hill Dungeon Crawler.
It looked pretty bad the first few times we saw it, but you say it's getting better? Let's hope that's true...

Rootbeer

Banned
Vita owner reporting! Got my LBPV pre-order code from amazon earlier. Really enjoying the game. Everyone that sees it can't believe it is on a Vita!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yeah, LBP Vita has a fantastic soundtrack. I just beat the campaign today, and the level tracks for the last few levels were fricking awesome.

Awesome, man. Glad to hear it seems good. Very happy to hear no discernible slowdown. I'm pretty excited for that game. Did it look native res? Or at least sharp?

Looked pretty damn good to me. Animations still top notch pulled from AC3 and such.

does the screen shot function work? if so take a pic and send it to someone

Nope.

Definitely picking this one up then. Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favorite games this gen.

What's wrong with P3P? It's like.. my favorite PSP game =[

Same, Brotherhood was my favorite.

I'd like to know about the gameplay changes if you can test them. I'm pretty sure in an older thread about the game they said there would be a dedicated jump button instead of the traditional and terrible auto jump/platforming. They also said you couldn't counter-kill your way through combat anymore. If you could find out if those are true I'd greatly appreciate it. That would make this game the best in the series from a gameplay standpoint.

The x is dedicated jump...but you can hold R and autoplatform so - yeah. You can't just counterkill easy through since you don't actually block? Like she's in the position of ready but when they attack if you don't move or counter, you get hit. At least that's the way it worked for me using the hatchet and hidden blades.

There's also the blow dart which you hold triangle to aim and then quickly tap triangle again to shoot. Same for guns. The game looks good, but little glitches that are expected of a beta kept popping up like me touching the back pad these blue dots appeared on the screen but even after I stopped some would stay.

You only need 1 challenge and you can beat it 10 times to get the trophy.
Or you can go challenge your friend's times via the pit wall and have it work... I'm too tired to type out my method for that right now, but if you search the Vita gen. disc. thread 4, it's in there at least once.

Tailer

The x is dedicated jump...but you can hold R and autoplatform so - yeah. You can't just counterkill easy through since you don't actually block? Like she's in the position of ready but when they attack if you don't move or counter, you get hit. At least that's the way it worked for me using the hatchet and hidden blades.
Actually happy that you don't need to tap X since I like being able to jump around and have control over the camera at the same time.

KAL2006

Banned
LittleBigPlanet is a game I knew that would translate well into handhelds. Cinematic games like Uncharted and God of War are nice to have on Vita, but many people dismiss those types of games as they prefer them on the big screen. However with LittleBigPlanet the handheld versions benefits, it's a quick pick up and play game, and the extra controls add to the game.Thankfully Nintendo has many games that translate well into handhelds (Mario, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and etc). Sony has a few (LittleBigPlanet, WipeOut, Hot Shots).

Here are some games I feel that would make great handheld games
Dragons Dogma - could be the next Monster Hunter
Demon Soul's - have more savepoints so you can play in quick bursts
Gran Turismo/MotorStorm - pretty much all racers are great for handhelds
Torchlight/Diablo/Borderlands - all loot games are perfect for handhelds
Elder Scrolls
inFamous/GTA/Red Dead/Saints Row - open world games are great for handhelds

LittleBigPlanet is a game I knew that would translate well into handhelds. Cinematic games like Uncharted and God of War are nice to have on Vita, but many people dismiss those types of games as they prefer them on the big screen. However with LittleBigPlanet the handheld versions benefits, it's a quick pick up and play game, and the extra controls add to the game.

I actually think its even better suited to the handheld rather than consoles. The level sizes are perfect as you said and all the added things you need for the console version like microphone, camera and move is all right in front of you via the vitas in built touch controls, 2 faced camera and mic.

Its also far easier now to make levels using the touch and getting things exactly where i want them. I cant get enough of this game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Sumo needs to work on every Vita game. I'm so excited to see what they pull off in Sonic Racing after playing LBP. Beautiful.

RpgN

Sumo needs to work on every Vita game. I'm so excited to see what they pull off in Sonic Racing after playing LBP. Beautiful.

I saw their name in the game, but what did they do for LBP exactly? It was odd to see them in a LBP game. Aren't those guys with Sega? The same that did Virtua Tennis 4, right?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I saw their name in the game, but what did they do for LBP exactly? It was odd to see them in a LBP game. Aren't those guys with Sega? The same that did Virtua Tennis 4, right?
Yeah, they did Virtua Tennis. And I have absolutely no idea how they helped out, but I'm attributing to them a magic touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom