• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, thanks.

I'm tempted out of nostalgia for RR PSP, which was nothing short of glorious when PSP was launched. Then again, I really don't want to reward Namco for making a broken mess of an iconic title. But if PSN ever offers it on sale, like maybe $20 with ALL DLC included, maybe I'll get it. For now I think I'll save the money for NFSMW.

I haven't really nested a whole lot into the game, it's really not fun. There is a lot (A LOT) of grinding involved. Once you rank up, the cars will beat you over and over until you earned points to beat them. Rinse and repeat over the same limited courses....event the added DLC didn't entice me to stick with it.

Ugh, so this is off-topic, but I'm watching The Walking Dead and really hating myself and the show.

Disgaea 3 will last forever and a half but LBP lets you play with others.

i still need to play d3 since i picked that up at launch on both consoles but I just don't like d3 =/

i want it at #2 too

TWD is my favorite show! I loves it!

Didn't realize this would be a post under my other post. Sorry :/

spannicus

Just looking through his timeline, it appears he only replies to people from his Japanese account.
OK so he avoids non Japanese lol and collects money from everyone.

Only talks about food, music, movies, friends and retweets of press related to KojiPro works.
Guess I am an outsider then. If the shoe was on the other foot I would welcome questions from my fans and express sincere concern towards their wants because it is the fans who give devs their place in the spotlight.

I'm restoring the backup from my 16gb into my new 32gb (upgraded for the upcoming instant collection goodness)
But I have two issues, while making the backup the console asked something like "do you want to enable online features" and I confirmed not knowing what that meant for real, and now that it's restoring the backup I recevied several "application no found" but it's still going so I canìt check what's wrong.

Anyone encountered similar issues?

kiyomi

It's so dumb. *VAGUE TWD TV SERIES SPOILERS*
My favorite character was just killed off by my least favorite. =(
But Telltale's game really is great and I would double dip for a Vita version. Plus a season 2 is already confirmed. :D
Really? I never knew that, great news. Maybe I will watch TWD at some point.

As for why I don't like D3, it's not the gameplay. That's regular Disgaea fare and it's great. But the story was just... so boring, and the main cast of characters aren't exactly great when compared to the other games. I could only really liked Mr. Champloo from what I played, and I didn't even meet some of the cast yet(Sapphire, Salvatore, Master Big Star, etc.)
Ahh okay. I only put 10 hours into D4 (my first Disgaea) and didn't get very far with the story, I just know that that gameplay is something I could easily sink time into. And D3 is kinda on-sale atm in the UK. So that's why I'm tempted.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
You terrify me.

Gunsmithx

Which case holder is this?

nPWqM.jpg

TWD is my favorite show! I loves it!

Didn't realize this would be a post under my other post. Sorry :/
I do, too. I just started it last week and I'm almost already done with Season 2. Some of the characters really are awful, though.
Really? I never knew that, great news. Maybe I will watch TWD at some point.
I feel the game is still a bit better than the show(since Lee is more likeable than Rick, imo), but to each their own. The show has a bigger cast of characters, though.

Ahh okay. I only put 10 hours into D4 (my first Disgaea) and didn't get very far with the story, I just know that that gameplay is something I could easily sink time into. And D3 is kinda on-sale atm in the UK. So that's why I'm tempted.
If you liked the gameplay in D4, you'd like D3. How much is it, and are you willing to pay that price vs. the launch price of LBP?

You terrify me.
I KNOW COMEDY MAN AND THAT WAS GRADE A

Which case holder is this?

nPWqM.jpg
No idea as to what case it is, but that sure is a lot of Dynasty Warriors Next!

Roubjon

I've been playing Hatsune Miku nonstop and managed to get my first 2 extreme perfects. One for Cat Food and another for Dye.

I've been rhythm game deprived for the last couple of months and I forgot how much I love them. Can't wait for DJMAX, but I'm also looking forward to orgarhythm. Hopefully that's beatastic as well.

The way the Vita is pumping out games from genres I love is already making it a true successor of the PSP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you didn't like the first two LBP's, honestly: Just get D3. I'm tired of the whole "OH I DIDN'T LIKE THE SERIES' TWO OUTINGS. SHOULD I GET THE THIRD!?" questions. :/ It's like "well, if you didn't like peanut butter and jelly, why would you combine the two and have a sandwhich?"

That D3 sale meanwhile isn't amazing and unless they give you the $100+ DLC they had on the PS3 version it's not worth that much.

kiyomi

If you didn't like the first two LBP's, honestly: Just get D3. I'm tired of the whole "OH I DIDN'T LIKE THE SERIES' TWO OUTINGS. SHOULD I GET THE THIRD!?" questions. :/ It's like "well, if you didn't like peanut butter and jelly, why would you combine the two and have a sandwhich?"

Well, I ask only because I have a strong desire to want to enjoy them. It's the platforming that has let me down in the past and my own inability to really get into the creative tools. Why I'm asking is because the Vita version excites me, I don't think it makes it an invalid question to ask just because I didn't enjoy the first two.

That D3 sale meanwhile isn't amazing and unless they give you the $100+ DLC they had on the PS3 version it's not worth that much.
Absence of Detention includes all the DLC.

I've been playing Hatsune Miku nonstop and managed to get my first 2 extreme perfects. One for Cat Food and another for Dye.
... so jealous. ):
Stop making me want to import Miku guize please.
here's another screen
£23/29, but then D3 is usually like £34.
Then yeah, I'd say go for it. Grinding on the go/handhelds is usually better anyway.
I keep all the good stuff for VitaGAF.
AND OH DO WE(i) APPRECIATE IT

Wonko_C

I've been rhythm game deprived for the last couple of months and I forgot how much I love them. Can't wait for DJMAX, but I'm also looking forward to orgarhythm. Hopefully that's beatastic as well.

The way the Vita is pumping out games from genres I love is already making it a true successor of the PSP.

How many tries did that take you? It took me 20 tries to perfect Cat Food and that was on Hard, I can barely get a Standard on Extreme songs, using the "30 safe > fine" items.

I want DJMAX also, but the PSP games' difficulty is frightening.

Carl

Anyone else been seeing a shit ton of LittleBigPlanet adverts this week? Seen loads this week (in the UK) along with the Vita FIFA advert. Good job Sony. Keep it up.

Takao

Banned
It's that girl with big boobs from Dead or Alive 5.

That describes a rather large portion of the DoA roster ...

Oh wait, I totally forgot about S
ZOE HD. Has there been any updates?

VitaGAF have kind of taken it upon themselves to see what's up with ZoE HD for Vita. Konami, Kojima, and SCE aren't saying anything. I guess someone could try asking High Voltage Software (the team doing the PS3/360 version), and Armature (the team behind MGS HD for Vita) but I don't expect them to answer.

Roubjon

How many tries did that take you? It took me 20 tries to perfect Cat Food and that was on Hard, I can barely get a Standard on Extreme songs, using the "30 safe > fine" items.

I want DJMAX also, but the PSP games' difficulty is frightening.

My game says I played through Cat Food 11 times, but that doesn't count all the times I had to restart, so probably around 20 times. For Dye it says 8 times, but I'm pretty sure it really was around 20 as well.

And I had no idea there were items that did that in this game. I'm assuming some Hatsune Miku wiki out there has details about what the items do. Can you still get perfects if you use them?

Also I'm kind of glad there isn't a traditional DJMAX game on Vita as of now. My Vita buttons would be ruined after a week lol.

That describes a rather large portion of the DoA roster ...

That was the joke.

kerrak

D3AoD has all the content of the ps3 version (dlc and all) + additional content

sajj316

VitaGAF have kind of taken it upon themselves to see what's up with ZoE HD for Vita. Konami, Kojima, and SCE aren't saying anything. I guess someone could try asking High Voltage Software (the team doing the PS3/360 version), and Armature (the team behind MGS HD for Vita) but I don't expect them to answer.

Yup. No updates from anyone yet. I can ask Armature and High Voltage, I don't care who I annoy ...

hyogen

Neo Member
any chance to still preorder LBP? I haven't gone to any stores yet, but wondering if i can somehow get the preorder DLC

Takao

Banned
any chance to still preorder LBP? I haven't gone to any stores yet, but wondering if i can somehow get the preorder DLC

If you buy it on PSN within a week you get the preorder DLC. It's not on the North American store until Tuesday though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The question is how many we will see stateside. Importing IIDX got expensive, and I don't imagine Vita would be too much cheaper.

zroid

Banned
If you're going to harass Kojima, you'd better tweet at his Japanese account (@kojima_hideo), because I'm pretty sure he doesn't even look at his mentions on @hideo_kojima_en. Chances are he still won't reply, but at least he may see the tweets.

hyogen

Neo Member
thank you. So, just order it via psn on Tuesday. I wasn't planning on getting the digital version, but I guess since this game should never leave my vita, I will. I have tons and tons of DLC waiting to be imported from the PS3 - backwards compatible, right?

Vitacat

fixed!

No fucks continue to be given by SCEA.

If i had the power id fire every useless marketing suit at scea immediately and replace all of them with brain damaged monkeys. The monkeys would do a much better job.

Such a shame that truly great hardware like Vita is floundering, largely imo due to [from what i hear] incompetent, uncaring, petty little managers. May they all find themselves unemployed asap.

Takao

Banned
thank you. So, just order it via psn on Tuesday. I wasn't planning on getting the digital version, but I guess since this game should never leave my vita, I will. I have tons and tons of DLC waiting to be imported from the PS3 - backwards compatible, right?

There should also be a 10% discount on the MSRP for the digital version, so you get like $4 in savings ... As for DLC, all costumes are compatible between LBP, LBP2, LBP Vita, and LBP Karting. Unfortunately, levels from the console LBP titles are not compatible with LBP Vita.

hyogen

Neo Member
thanks takao :) that's too bad, but I think the level making is less daunting than it was on the PS3. Looks that way to me at least--hopefully there'll be tons of levels for the vita version also and maybe they'll find a way to make them all compatible.

btw, why do you get banned from here and all the events anyway? trolling? streaking? :p

Unfortunately, levels from the console LBP titles are not compatible with LBP Vita.

awww man

One of my favorite things to do in LBP 1/2 was to search for the worst levels I could find, favorite them, and then play them whenever. I had an incredible experience with a Pokemon level one.

zroid

Banned
The jump physics and stuff are different so they wouldn't really work anyway.

Sure they would... if the engine supported it. Couldn't you actually alter the jump physics in LBP2's level editor, anyway? I never messed with it much, but it was pretty deep, as I recall.

This is a pretty big letdown since LBPV's community is going to be significantly smaller than that of its console counterparts. Hopefully our fellow Vitabros will step up.

hyogen

Neo Member
never understood people's complaints about the physics in the original LBPs... They were perfectly fine I thought. A little more floaty than Mario, but not in a bad way.

zroid

Banned
The physics were... weird. I never really considered it a bad thing, it was just different. But LBP was never intended to be a Mario-clone, it's more about grabbing and swinging (and momentum) than precise platforming.

For the level designs Mm was pushing, I didn't find it particularly egregious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom