• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
I already have P3P, in fact bought it twice, once UMD then again during PSN sale so I could play it on Vita. Totobeni is raging somewhere right now.

I'm weary of Y's series, I tried a couple, one being way back on Turbografx that really turned me off the series.

I got the PSP version free from the PSN debacle. Thats why i'm a little leery from getting LBP Vita. I bought the first one, got 2 free through PS Plus and the PSP version free but could never get into them. The console versions I know for sure was because I had a problem sitting there playing them on the TV and wanted to create stuff but felt tied down and overwhelmed. The PSP version just didn't feel right and most people are saying the Vita version is great because it feels better on all those counts.

Seriously try seven or Oath

they all play completely different

is PSABR coming out on Nov 20 too? together with P4G, noooo

I was in the same predicament. I'm definitely getting PSABR but... I really want a super deep JRPG on my Vita as well, and I've been wanting to play P4 for awhile now. I've been getting into these insanely niche games lately.. like I love Army Corps. of Hell
mostly because I'm a huge metalhead
. I can't wait for New King's Story and Moe Fishing.

MisterC20XX

Help me out here, bros: I haven't played a JRPG since Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System. I'm trying to decide on an RPG to play but there are so many Vita-compatible PSP RPGs to choose from. I've never played a FF game so I guess I could start with III, IV or VII. After reading and watching a bunch of reviews I'm leaning toward Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. I like straight forward, 2D turn-based RPGs. What do you think? Is Lunar a good place to start in the PSP catalog?

sajj316

Day 4 of me asking Kojima about ZOE on twitter. Day 4 in Japan. I asked Day 3 US time as well :)

At least Jeff Rubenstein responded about FF 3 PSP compatability on Vita. He's "asking".

zroid

Banned
Looks like there aren't any good trade-ins available for LBP. Nothing sub $20 which is my limit. I could let go of my copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D, buuuut I'd really rather not. Then again, I'm probably not going to be playing that any time soon and I could likely pick it up on the cheap a few months from now...

I'll consider it :)

okay, AC liberation, somebody asked me to check and report. Played it again today, no slowdown at all, the cities looked pretty populated. Not as dense as say AC2 or anything but there were PLENTY of people on the street. I may take a shitty picture tmrw once I go back.

Any questions bout the liberation demo you want answered when I try it again at the PlayStation On Campus thing? Oh and in relation to PSBR - Sackboy is still effin awesome.

VanWinkle

okay, AC liberation, somebody asked me to check and report. Played it again today, no slowdown at all, the cities looked pretty populated. Not as dense as say AC2 or anything but there were PLENTY of people on the street. I may take a s***ty picture tmrw once I go back.

Any questions bout the liberation demo you want answered when I try it again at the PlayStation On Campus thing? Oh and in relation to PSBR - Sackboy is still effin awesome.

Awesome, man. Glad to hear it seems good. Very happy to hear no discernible slowdown. I'm pretty excited for that game. Did it look native res? Or at least sharp?

cyborg009

Banned
okay, AC liberation, somebody asked me to check and report. Played it again today, no slowdown at all, the cities looked pretty populated. Not as dense as say AC2 or anything but there were PLENTY of people on the street. I may take a shitty picture tmrw once I go back.

does the screen shot function work? if so take a pic and send it to someone

Takao

Banned
Don't small robots transcend language barriers?

What are the preorder bonuses?

While the appeal of little fighting robots should be universal, the fact is game concepts are not, haha.

As for preorder bonuses you get a figure and a code to use the figure in the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Thread title is like saying "come here and ruin this thread with doom talks please"

I don't like it one bit.

Wall of shame (part 4)

j9SzwLLC3AHIo.png

huh..that a lot of pure wisdomness from me.

I hope I saved some people from buying trash like P3P and MH.

Apath

Definitely picking this one up then. Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favorite games this gen.

What's wrong with P3P? It's like.. my favorite PSP game =[

Gravijah

Thread title is like saying "come here and ruin this thread with doom talks please"

I don't like it one bit.

huh..that a lot of pure wisdomness from me.

i'm currently playing through yakuza 4 right now and it's leagues better than yakuza 3.

So Fifa 13 vita comes out in a few days. Do we have any idea what's even in the game? From what ive heard from ea support, the skill games from the console version are in it but whether the game is based on a version of fifa 12 or not I have no idea. Given how quiet EA has been about it, i'd suggest so.

ciridesu

I'm just hoppin here to say I love this thing. The shape... EVEN THE SOUNDS. It boners me up. 3DSXL, WHICH I HAVE, is such a peasant tool compared to this beautry.... the PSN prices suck though but with sony's logic a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder if I'd like to spend 100 dollars on a DJ Max CE... I liked Portable on PSP, but man...

Might miss out on the Persona CE though, so It'd be a good alt for that....

(Haha, I posted my PSAS message in this thread by mistake? doh.)

Yopis

So Fifa 13 vita comes out in a few days. Do we have any idea what's even in the game? From what ive heard from ea support, the skill games from the console version are in it but whether the game is based on a version of fifa 12 or not I have no idea. Given how quiet EA has been about it, i'd suggest so.

I agree crazy.....fifa has shipped to most stores already. Vita version has shipped also. Since the game is already at most stores waiting on release date I have a feeling its not a big upgrade.

Was gonna grab a 2 copies 360/vita. Now I might wait. Guess its lbp and fifa for the box.

Lockon

I got questions about PSN account on Vita. I got my Vita since launch (have Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Gundam SEED Battle Destiny) and have been using the same PSN account that I share with my sister on PS3.
My sister is planning to get a Vita soon (probably the AC Liberation bundle), and I'm wondering if 2 Vitas could sign in into PSN at the same time. If it could, can we play the game online at the same time and with each other for games like Ragnarok Odyssey and God Eater 2 in the future?

Alright you guys, I decided!

Trading KH3D for LBP on Tuesday. yaaaaayyyyyyy
If you think about it, that's sorta heartless.

I got questions about PSN account on Vita. I got my Vita since launch (have Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Gundam SEED Battle Destiny) and have been using the same PSN account that I share with my sister on PS3.
My sister is planning to get a Vita soon (probably the AC Liberation bundle), and I'm wondering if 2 Vitas could sign in into PSN at the same time. If it could, can we play the game online at the same time and with each other for games like Ragnarok Odyssey and God Eater 2 in the future?
I may be wrong, but I believe your account is only allowed one Vita at a time. If not and you can put it on two, I don't believe you'll be able to play the game online with each other. You may be able to use Ad-Hoc multiplayer, if you two live close by/together.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finished the campaign of Sound Shapes. Beck levels were EASILY the best of the entire set. I gave Death Mode a try and I'm not sure I like it...

Takao

Banned

You can use the same I.D. on two Vitas simultaneously, but you cannot play each other online. Local multiplayer is fine though.

Lockon

I may be wrong, but I believe your account is only allowed one Vita at a time. If not and you can put it on two, I don't believe you'll be able to play the game online with each other. You may be able to use Ad-Hoc multiplayer, if you two live close by/together.

You can use the same I.D. on two Vitas simultaneously, but you cannot play each other online. Local multiplayer is fine though.

Thanks for the answers guys. I guess we might be using the same account then since my sister don't play online much if at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh, anyone have all the Heros and Heralds outfits and willing to send them via Near?

Ponn

Banned
Day 4 of me asking Kojima about ZOE on twitter. Day 4 in Japan. I asked Day 3 US time as well :)

At least Jeff Rubenstein responded about FF 3 PSP compatability on Vita. He's "asking".

And thats the problem at Sony. Why does he have to ask, shouldn't he know? Nobody on the PSN team knows anything.

UberTag

Some of the levels in death mode are way too hard me! Platinum trophy am cry!
I took a break from the game for about a month after hitting a wall on Death Mode and then managed to push through the 8 or so levels that had me stumped over a 2-3 hour stretch last weekend. Don't lose heart on achieving Platinum here!

(Now I've got to see if the same tactic will work on Motorstorm. Will be revisiting that wall once I clear through Lumines in the next day or two.)

Derrick01

Banned

I'd like to know about the gameplay changes if you can test them. I'm pretty sure in an older thread about the game they said there would be a dedicated jump button instead of the traditional and terrible auto jump/platforming. They also said you couldn't counter-kill your way through combat anymore. If you could find out if those are true I'd greatly appreciate it. That would make this game the best in the series from a gameplay standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom