• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if PS Mobile stuff is going to be available on the same store or if it will be a different account? Like I have cash on my PSN account, can I use that on PS Mobile? I haven't seen them mention that anywhere - though I also haven't looked.

Takao

Banned
Do we know if PS Mobile stuff is going to be available on the same store or if it will be a different account? Like I have cash on my PSN account, can I use that on PS Mobile? I haven't seen them mention that anywhere - though I also haven't looked.

Same store, same account. On Vita it'll appear as a header section as if you were switching between the Video, and Game store. A "Mobile" section will appear on Wednesday.

Chesskid1

Banned
pretty excited for virtue's last reward demo tomorrow.

will determine if i keep my preorder or not, since i'm already getting RO and AC:L this month :D

is RO comign on the 16th? heard the date might be wrong. i hope not, everything is coming out end of oct already.

VanWinkle

I really like how they handled the PSM section (or will handle, rather), being on the same store but just a different header. Feels more cohesive. I figured it would be a different store with a different layout. But, my goodness, Sony NEEDS to add screenshots to the games (I know they do in some regions, but not US). It's extremely annoying.

Also, I haven't tested it since the latest firmware, but if you remove you memory card, put in a different one, and then put the first one back in again, are your icons still also disorganized, or do they stay the same place that you put them in? That always bugged me majorly. It's like they didn't account for organization+use of multiple cards.

Vitacat

I really like how they handled the PSM section (or will handle, rather), being on the same store but just a different header. Feels more cohesive. I figured it would be a different store with a different layout. But, my goodness, Sony NEEDS to add screenshots to the games (I know they do in some regions, but not US). It's extremely annoying.

It really, really is. How the hell does something so basic and obvious get overlooked?! WTF, Sony? Seriously?! There really should also be streaming video of each game for that matter, as well as pro and user reviews.

Ponn

Banned
pretty excited for virtue's last reward demo tomorrow.

will determine if i keep my preorder or not, since i'm already getting RO and AC:L this month :D

is RO comign on the 16th? heard the date might be wrong. i hope not, everything is coming out end of oct already.

I might get death threats if I cancel my VLR with Watch preorder.

cross posting from the senran kagura shinovi versus thread just because

So like many of you thought, it is indeed a Dynasty Warriors-like game, as said on Siliconera.

Before the PlayStation press conference in Tokyo, Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki showed me Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. The "v" in shinobi is a pun and all of the vs are for Vita, Takaki explained. Since the Kagura series started on the Nintendo 3DS, I asked Takaki why he wanted to make a PlayStation Vita game.

"One of the reason I wanted to make a Vita game is because the Vita is a really powerful machine and I wanted to take advantage of that. The other reason is because I didn’t just want to show off boobs, but I wanted to show off butts too," Takaki said with a chuckle.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is different from the 2D beat ‘em up series on the Nintendo 3DS. It’s a Dynasty Warriors style game with online multiplayer. You can team up with up to four players via Wi-Fi, a first for the series. Takaki also told us about the free camera system. He compared it to Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner which lets you rotate to glare at the girls umm… see front and back views.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus will have ten new ninja girls. The five revealed so far are from the Death Cram School. Yozakura (pictured above) is Takaki’s favorite since she is a "serious" girl. The characters from Senran Kagura and Senran Kagura Burst are in Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus too bringing the roster to 20 playable characters.

"If you play the game, you’ll see they are all organized into teams. Five girls per team and they have a unifying characteristic," Takaki explained. The art style for each team is the same and each group will appeal to a different kind of player. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus has 25 missions per team and 100 missions altogether.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus will come out on February 28 for PlayStation Vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Everyone loves homebrew so much?

Sony isn't giving me an eReader nor Einhander on the store to replace my physical copy. So... yes?

If Sony gave their consumers what they wanted, Sony wouldn't have to worry about CFW. Path of least resistance and all that.

Sony isn't giving me an eReader nor Einhander on the store to replace my physical copy. So... yes?

If Sony gave their consumers what they wanted, Sony wouldn't have to worry about CFW. Path of least resistance and all that.

I thought they annouced a reader at tgs?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
cross posting from the senran kagura shinovi versus thread just because

yjoQU.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought they annouced a reader at tgs?

They did, but only in Japan. So, how does that effect me in the US?

Just like Einhander is on the Japan store (and has been for SIX YEARS) but isn't on the US store.

Maybe if SCEA/Sony themselves put some effort into the US market (like REDUCING THE FUCKING PRICE OF SHIT THEY PRICE REDUCED A MONTH AGO IN THEIR DIGITAL STORE) the PSP2 wouldn't be selling dismally.

Carl said:
Why should they give you it?

Because the fucking game is up in Japan, BARELY has any English script/lettering and should be simple to license from Square and EA and if EA is the one holding it up surely they could get "import" license rights from Square themselves.

Same reason I'm pissed that Breath of Fire 3 isn't up on the store but you can get
the PSP version
from Europe.

They did, but only in Japan. So, how does that effect me in the US?

Just like Einhander is on the Japan store (and has been for SIX YEARS) but isn't on the US store.

It happens a lot, look at the NA 3DS virtual store - it's barren compared to the JP one. It's the same problem with the Western PSN versus the Japanese one, licensing. For them to re-release it on a new platform outside of Japan, even if it's digital, it's a much more involved process.

Why do you think there's an actual imports section on the NA PSN? The fine folks at Monkeypaw negotiated that so they could finally bring over more Japanese games that are stuck behind red tape by bringing them over in their pure Japanese form, presumably eliminating all that retardedly backwards licensing. I'd drop a line to them, see if they're interested in bringing it over? You never know..
I understand your frustration though

Carl

Because the fucking game is up in Japan, BARELY has any English script/lettering and should be simple to license from Square and EA and if EA is the one holding it up surely they could get "import" license rights from Square themselves.

It could be anything holding it up, not just publishers. Could be audio licensing. There was a big blog post on this a few years back and why it isn't always as simple as it looks. Give it a read http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/31/psone-classics-where-we-all-stand/

If you seriously think they'd say no to money just to piss NA customers off, you need your brain re-wiring :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Why do the buttons freeze up so often in Final Fantasy VIII? Is it an analog issue? It sucks :/ It happened to me during the computer login at the beginning and during first dialog with Selphie

Why do the buttons freeze up so often in Final Fantasy VIII? Is it an analog issue? It sucks :/ It happened to me during the computer login at the beginning and during first dialog with Selphie

Make sure you aren't accidentally touching the back touch. If you are touching the areas where L2 and R2 are, other buttons won't respond.

zroid

Banned
Would it work if I tape some fabric to the rear panel where my fingers usually sit? As in... would it still recognize it when I make contact with the uncovered section?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
It's a Vita thing. For PS1 games, the L2/R2 buttons are mapped to the rear touch pad. Sucks, I know :\
Yeah I dunno why they give the options to have custom buttons but not be able to assign the front touch screen for things like with PSP games

Would it work if I tape some fabric to the rear panel where my fingers usually sit? As in... would it still recognize it when I make contact with the uncovered section?

Why not just take the 20 minutes to get used to holding it how its designed?

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I ask myself this everytime I see someone complain about the backtouch. The backtouch annoyed me greatly when I first got my vita so I spent 20 minutes of discomfort as I adjusted how i held it. Haven't accidentally touched the backtouch since.

zroid

Banned
Why not just take the 20 minutes to get used to holding it how its designed?

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I ask myself this everytime I see someone complain about the backtouch. The backtouch annoyed me greatly when I first got my vita so I spent 20 minutes of discomfort as I adjusted how i held it. Haven't accidentally touched the backtouch since.

I don't find it comfortable. If I did, I would do it.

I don't find it comfortable. If I did, I would do it.

Well that's kinda my point, you deal with it feeling uncomfortable and then it becomes second nature.

It's actually very similar to how i felt going from inverted sticks to learning to use them not-inverted. At first it was a complete clusterfuck but after a little while it became the new normal, now if I get inverted controls I can't use those...

zroid

Banned
Well that's kinda my point, you deal with it feeling uncomfortable and then it becomes second nature.

I'm sorry, but it just isn't. :\

I have tried; I simply cannot grip the system properly without supporting it at the back. More specifically, I'm unable to comfortably move my thumbs to the analogue sticks. It's less of an issue for games that only require the D-pad.

branny

It's especially annoying to get used to holding a Vita with your middle fingers curved on the pads like intended if you've held a PSP for years with your middle fingers bracing the back of it, like me.

I eventually got used to holding the Vita its own way, but I totally understand how it can be a bother for others.

VanWinkle

I've literally never had an issue accidentally touching the back touchpad. I'm kind of shocked how many people have problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom