• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve imported the retail korean version from play asia, totally worth the price imho (well, i own every single djmax released, so maybe i´m biased lol)

Really, the game is so much fun, my only worry were the back touch stuff, but works surprisingly well, tried without that option and using just the touchscreen, but can be a clusterfuck sometimes just as i feared, too many fingers at once, you can´t see shit

tusken77

FuturLab hinting about their second Playstation Mobile game

bishknife.jpg

This game is a launch title too :)

Its called Fuel Tiracas and it's 40p. Forty pence!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/10/02/the-40p-ps-vita-game-you-have-to-play-this-week-fuel-tiracas/

EDIT: Wow, double beaten. :)

Toki767

Burn The Rope is coming to Vita guys....for $4. By comparison, it's on iOS for 99 cents. This isn't even a PS Mobile game but I think you can probably see where pricing is headed.

Takao

Banned
Burn The Rope is coming to Vita guys....for $4. By comparison, it's on iOS for 99 cents. This isn't even a PS Mobile game but I think you can probably see where pricing is headed.

In their defense, iOS has no ESRB fees or devkit costs. On the side of the opposition, ESRB costs can be as low as $800 or free depending on your budget and status as a developer, and Vita devkits are the cheapest SCE has ever made.

Vitacat

PSM customers need to use discipline. Don't purchase games that are blatantly overpriced compared to other platforms. Do buy games that are fairly priced.

I would define fairly priced as no more than twice the usual iOS price. So, $2 for $1 iOS games etc. I do think games are more fun on the Vita due to the OLED screen and real controls, so that warrants a premium. But not a 400% premium.

In their defense, iOS has no ESRB fees or devkit costs. On the side of the opposition, ESRB costs can be as low as $800 or free depending on your budget and status as a developer, and Vita devkits are the cheapest SCE has ever made.

The problem is that is not a PSMobile.

iOS dev fee: 99$/year
iOS devkit cost: None

PSMobile dev fee: 99$/year
PSMobile devkit cost: None

KalBalboa

Banned

Under $5 is where things really do enter impulse-buy territory for me. If it has trophies or some online component, I'm listening.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PSM customers need to use discipline. Don't purchase games that are blatantly overpriced compared to other platforms. Do buy games that are fairly priced.

I would define fairly priced as no more than twice the usual iOS price. So, $2 for $1 iOS games etc. I do think games are more fun on the Vita due to the OLED screen and real controls, so that warrants a premium. But not a 400% premium.

Burn the Rope isn't on PSM. It went through the native Vita pipeline for whatever reason.

These games should be on PSM instead IMO, and they can probably hit closer to iOS pricing there. I guess so anyway, comparing Futurlab's mini's pricing to their PSM pricing - a big drop.

More vita games the better. Vita needs to prove that is a gaming device with a very active purchasing base. Things like burn the rope and PSM can demonstrate that very well.

mauaus

Can anyone point me to a video of the slowdowns in NLKS?
After reading so much about the bad fps problems, i think ill stick with LBP which im loving and wait for a patch and or a pricedrop

KalBalboa

Banned
I hope the PS Blog does some major post about PlayStation Mobile hitting tomorrow. I'm definitely going to be buying one or two games, but they haven't made nearly enough fanfare about this project. I guess that's because it's a hard thing to "sell" people.

Why say "Hey, we have this new platform that makes it easier to make games etc..." when you can just suddenly unveil a ton of games?

Carl

Oh fuck, just realized these are the Velocity devs! Will buy this game no matter what now.

EVERYONE WITH A VITA NEEDS TO BUY THIS GAME!!!

Correct, these guys made Velocity and Coconut Dodge which is also pretty fun :)

Their blog post has some interesting notes about inspiration and development. Well worth a read http://bit.ly/WeFh8X

sajj316

I hope the PS Blog does some major post about PlayStation Mobile hitting tomorrow. I'm definitely going to be buying one or two games, but they haven't made nearly enough fanfare about this project. I guess that's because it's a hard thing to "sell" people.

Why say "Hey, we have this new platform that makes it easier to make games etc..." when you can just suddenly unveil a ton of games?

Should be today per Rubenstein ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom