• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
So I just noticed something. SCEA is so brainless they used old art from the original Little King's Story on the blog post here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/30/the-drop-week-of-october-1st-2012-new-releases/

... really? They couldn't even reuse one of the assets that are all over the net? Sigh. Now, people who know anything about the IP will be confused because it's the original king. -_-

Usually it's the publisher who sends in the description. Konami may have sent in the photo too but I'm not sure, lol.

btkadams

my copy of lbp vita came in the mail a few days ago. it is so amazing. it actually fits the device so well. i really love the fact that my lbp2 dlc works with it (and lbp karting! dope).

go out and buy it if you haven't!

the artstyle works great with the graphical power of the device too. it looks very clean and charming.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Man it kills me that the account I've always bought with in the PS3 isn't the account I play games. I'm locked out of stuff like that. I originally bought the PS3 when I lived in the US, then when I moved to Canada I bought all content with a Canadian account. Now I have to buy all Vita content on my US account and I'm locked out of some of the content that carries over. That sounds like a special case but what about families that use one account to buy in the same way?

The one review I posted in the OT said NLKS will be 39.99$ for NA. I'm fine with it because it's one of my most anticipated Vita games, plus I loved the original. It's a bit steep considering it's purely a digital copy.

Goldrusher

So I just noticed something. SCEA is so brainless they used old art from the original Little King's Story on the blog post
Also note the RP-rated box arts.
Though neither are as bad as using a fan-made box art on the official PS3 product page:

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/

resistance.jpg

That one's been up there for months, if not over a year already.

Source of that box: http://www.ps3center.net//news/5196/resistance-3-box-art-for-hardcore-playstation-fans/

leroidys

So I just noticed something. SCEA is so brainless they used old art from the original Little King's Story on the blog post here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/30/the-drop-week-of-october-1st-2012-new-releases/

... really? They couldn't even reuse one of the assets that are all over the net? Sigh. Now, people who know anything about the IP will be confused because it's the original king. -_-

I'm still buying as its one of my favorite games of this gen on my new favorite hardware (with trophies!), but FUCK why'd they have to go out of their way to remind me how much better the old art was :(

Also note the RP-rated box arts.
Though neither are as bad as using a fan-made box art on the official PS3 product page:

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/

resistance.jpg

That one's been up there for months, if not over a year already.

Source of that box: http://www.ps3center.net//news/5196/resistance-3-box-art-for-hardcore-playstation-fans/

I don't understand what the problem is -- that looks like the Resistance 3 cover I remember when I owned the game and it matches the one on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6E67A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Guys, please, BUY DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE NOW.

N O W

Shit is awesome, and looks gorgeous.

Out of the Vita loop, is this getting a physical release in the Us or should I just import it? I'm a bit concerned about the touch controls but I own every other DJ Max game so I'm willing to give it a shot.

lol look at the eyes they were modified to match the ps face buttons

Ahh, quick look at the small thumbnail looked similar. That's a strange one. Just chalk it up to another SCEA failure.

This is sorta off topic, but SCEA seems to be TRYING to sabotage the company. Beyond how they treat the Vita compared to SCEE, look at PS+ -- October freebies for SCEE are two retail games (RE5:Gold and Bulletstorm, both enjoyable/solid games) and brand new PSN game Hell Yeah!. October freebies (so far) for SCEA? NFL Blitz.

I swear, if I knew how incompetent SCEA was when I bought my PS3, I'd have made a EU account for everything at the beginning of it all. It's worth the markup with conversion from US $ to Euro.

Vitacat

Ahh, quick look at the small thumbnail looked similar. That's a strange one. Just chalk it up to another SCEA failure.

This is sorta off topic, but SCEA seems to be TRYING to sabotage the company. Beyond how they treat the Vita compared to SCEE, look at PS+ -- October freebies for SCEE are two retail games (RE5:Gold and Bulletstorm, both enjoyable/solid games) and brand new PSN game Hell Yeah!. October freebies (so far) for SCEA? NFL Blitz.

I swear, if I knew how incompetent SCEA was when I bought my PS3, I'd have made a EU account for everything at the beginning of it all. It's worth the markup with conversion from US $ to Euro.

SCEA works for Nintendo.

Takao

Banned
Pre-Orders
Assassin’s Creed III Gold Edition + ACIII: Liberation ($119.99)
The American Colonies, 1775. As a Native American Assassin fights to protect his land and his people he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution. In Assassin’s Creed III eliminate your enemies with guns, bows, tomahawks, and more! In development for over 3 years, the game features the new Ubisoft-AnvilNext engine. And with the Gold Edition, take home the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass! This bundle also includes Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation for PS Vita.

Pre-Orders
The American Colonies, 1775. As a Native American Assassin fights to protect his land and his people he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution. In Assassin’s Creed III eliminate your enemies with guns, bows, tomahawks, and more! In development for over 3 years, the game features the new Ubisoft-AnvilNext engine. And with the Gold Edition, take home the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass! This bundle also includes Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation for PS Vita.

£84.99 to $119.99

How is that conversion rate wise?

Sid

Pre-Orders
Rockclap.gif at dat price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom