• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3]MLB '08 League Interest Thread

Zep

Banned
Just post if you have an interest...I expect a few more gaf vets this year, along with decent coding from SCEA. Unlike last years failed attempt(mlb2k7) I'll right the ship this time around!

Remember, this is not a thread for calling teams...Would just like a head count, then this thread can die. People I know who are in:

Mr Bob
Shawn
DM
Matrix
Dez? He still alive?

-There will be a cutoff...Right now that number is 16 and unless you are a stone cold lock, it's not going up.

-Numbers have to work out so if possible interleague games can be scheduled. I'd rather have more games and less people than more people, less games.

-The aim is for about 50 games. With football ending, we got time.

-If you aren't a regular, please make sure you know what you're getting into. Nothing worse than having a person with a "hectic schedule". If thats the case, don't join...Not worth it to track you down. I've been a pain in the ass in this area and it's not fair to others.

-There won't be a league page like 2k's games(unless they changed) so there probably won't be a website available.

Thanks

Dez

Yep, I'd be in.. Seems a bit early to start this though. And hey, last year's attempt at 2k7 was successful, we finished 3 seasons I think.

Zep

Banned
Miguel said:
You didn't include me you jackass?

I SEE HOW IT IS!

I call the Phillies!

I didn't say PS2 league!

and it's never to early to start the hype train.

So we have

Me
Miguel
Bob
DM
Shawn
Dez
Denog
Matrix

Thats a solid 8...And 2 possibles.

I'm definitely in!

Last year's game was rushed, and I have no doubt this year's is going to have all the bells and whistles that we bitched about were missing...

including voice chat.

PSN ID: Blatt

Zep

Banned
LJ11
Me
Miguel
Bob
DM
Shawn
Dez
Denog
Matrix
GCQuinton

Thats 10 definite.

I'm not slighting you other guys, its just that people say they are in all the way and are nowhere to be found come release.

kbear

Fair enough.. i'll take a pic of the game with a sign when I get it if that would be enough to join

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lets just hope that they fix the league commisioner rules for this game. Last year, I played all the necessary games and had the necessary approval rating and etc. etc. and it still would not let me be the commisioner of a league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I believe it ships March 4th.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I'm in, I'm committed and I'll take the Dodgers....

Core407

Banned
I'm interested. 50 games seems ideal and hopefully the net code isn't shiat this time around.

If we are calling teams, I'm calling Braves.

ID: Runner45

I'd love to be in and call the Mets, but I've never done one of these before and my bball skills may not exactly be up to par.

JB1981

I'm in.

PSN: Beamber

One caveat, though. I'm not playing against LJ. I'm scared.

Hrrm. After reading the OP, take me out.

If anyone wants to play me, just send me an FR. Won't have time to play in the league.

Ramirez

Hay guyz.

I hate to dominate you in Madden AND this Zep. :(

No one takes the Tribe! Hopefully Kotex doesn't have a PS3. :p

Pimpwerx

PSN: MastaKiiLA

I'd like to say I'm in for sure, but I'd like to actually buy the game first. I'm usually very lazy about that. PEACE.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt and Ram,you guys have PS3's now? WTF

GIVE ME YOUR PSN NAMES!

Fuck Show is my game! Then again I had great pitching when I was good :(

Ramirez

Yea I got a PS3 back at Christmas, just don't really have many games yet. :p

PSN is TJRamirez. Carmona and Sabathia to rule the league confirmed.

i've had a ps3 for 6 months dude! i just fucking hate it at times cause i randomly get signed out of psn and i can't figure out how to fix it. someone told me how to disable my media settings or something and that would fix it but i forget where the thread was or what the solution was. anyone tell me now?

GT: FrenchMov

also, i'll give up the dodgers if rors is going to play or any other league regular who would want them. otherwise.... ayeeeeee!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i've had a ps3 for 6 months dude! i just fucking hate it at times cause i randomly get signed out of psn and i can't figure out how to fix it. someone told me how to disable my media settings or something and that would fix it but i forget where the thread was or what the solution was. anyone tell me now?

GT: FrenchMov

also, i'll give up the dodgers if rors is going to play or any other league regular who would want them. otherwise.... ayeeeeee!

System settings --> Network Settings --> Set media sharing to disable

Matrix

I didnt know that fmt,most likely cause I'm never on aim.

I'll be sending you and ram friend requests later tonight.

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
:lol when did they take away your "Big" away Zep?!?

I asked Wellington to change it for me.

So my list of definites look like:

LJ11
Me
Miguel
Bob
DM
Shawn
Dez
Denog
Matrix
GCQuinton
FMT
Ramirez

And I got another 14 maybes.

I have no problem using the 12 but we'll see who shows up in the online forum thread...That will be the final list.

Zep

Banned
I didn't ignore you boss. Those 12 people are ones I've played in GAF leagues with...people that I trust will be there when the game drops. Just be around on March 4th to and i'll get you started. I hate to sound like a doucebag but showing up is only half the battle.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
When does this game hit?

Ships March 3rd,should be in stores the 4th.

Zep

Banned
LJ11 -Mutts
Zep - Phillies
Miguel -Asstros
Bob - Cubs
DM - Mariners
Shawn - Angels
Dez - Jays
Denog - Tigers
Matrix - Asstros
GCQuinton - Braves
FMT - Dodgers
Ramirez - Indians
Konex - Yankees

Pretty sure that's correct. I'll PM the other two and find out who they want. Matrix and Miggy will play for the Stros. I would like if we kept the # of AL-NL teams even. If there is a team available that you really want, then it's fine.

Top Bottom