• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3]MLB '08 League Interest Thread

Halka

Neo Member
If you need someone to take over the White Sox punching bag, i'd love to jump in.

I must've put like 300 hours into The Show 07. I'm reliable and a regular player. Day one owner. No internet problems. (Eastern time zone, available weeknights)

PSN id: sgthalka

Zep

Banned
Well Subscribe to this thread and show up March 4th and make sure you wanna do 50+ games. We'll see where you're at.

scar

Zep,

I am friends with Denog. I would love the Red Sox if they are available. And I am definitely interested in playing. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Mrbob

511001748_881f933034_o.gif

PhlivoSong said:
If Bob drops out with the Cubs, I would love to be in on this.

kbear

I'm still interested if you have a spot open when the gam's out.. i'll have it on March 4th assuming that's when it hits stores and not the 'ship' date. Played the demo probably around 30 or 40 times

Zep

Banned
kbear said:
I'm still interested if you have a spot open when the gam's out.. i'll have it on March 4th assuming that's when it hits stores and not the 'ship' date. Played the demo probably around 30 or 40 times

There are 2 spots available(Denog's friend already included). We are going 16, and at this moment we have 14.

kbear

Zep said:
There are 2 spots available(Denog's friend already included). We are going 16, and at this moment we have 14.
If I took a scan of my pre-order receipt, would that seal the deal? :D

Halka

Neo Member
If this GAF league fills up, I'm happy to form another one.

I've already floated the idea to some friends and forumites on other boards, have around 10-20 people expressing interest.

If that happened, would do a short 10-game league to see who's a regular, then do a longer one with the keepers.

kbear

I'm curious, how reliable have past GAF MLB leagues been? How many people on average flake before or during a season?

Zep

Banned
Depends...people have their problems and causes a backup in getting things done. This is the main reason I'm only going 16 people.

Halka

Neo Member
Sounds like Zep's league is basically full.

Latecomers interested in a league but can't fit in that one, I'm organizing a 12-team, fantasy draft league. (Can go bigger if demand is there.):

* Online league - 12 players
* Online fantasy draft to be scheduled - (stock teams are too unbalanced; also gives everyone a chance to land their favorite players)
* 40 games + playoffs
* Guess Pitch Off

Two spots currently remain open. PM me or post your PSN name and I'll send a reminder after the game is released.

PSN name: sgthalka

Halka

Neo Member
The Show is in my hands.

Thank you, unnamed NYC retailer!!!! :D

It has a 2GB install and claims official support for 720p, 1080i, 1080p.

Maybe the 1080p we saw in the demo wasn't the full version, b/c mine would drop that depth-of-field effect in 1080p and ran a little slower.

Halka

Neo Member
Online Leagues:

No fantasy drafts
No manual input of players.
Online live rosters only.
You can't even form a league until 14 days after you register on SportsConnect and play 10 games first.

Pretty lame, SCEA. :(

tribal24

Banned
Halka said:
The Show is in my hands.

Thank you, unnamed NYC retailer!!!! :D

It has a 2GB install and claims official support for 720p, 1080i, 1080p.

Maybe the 1080p we saw in the demo wasn't the full version, b/c mine would drop that depth-of-field effect in 1080p and ran a little slower.

fucking install files shit-_-

Halka

Neo Member
the install goes fast. i'm more disappointed by the craptacular online league options.

however, there's already a roster update for offline play, which is pretty cool

Halka

Neo Member
yeah it makes no sense.

they make creating a league as a commissioner to be this big deal you have to "earn".

jesus christ.

scar

What's up Dennog? Picked up The Show today. Seems pretty good. Any update on the league? Sounds like a blast...looking forward to it. Has anyone tried online play yet? I am sure there might be some kinks...but it sure looks like a major improvement over last year. Is there communication within game? Lots of questions.

Top Bottom